Triple Layer Pants

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I've seen this a time or two before, but recently while in San Diego, I saw at least two guys wearing three layers of pants. This is definitely part of the whole sagging thing, but do three layers have some special significance?

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yes, it does have some significance.

It's significantly retarded.

Geezus... three layers???

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Since when does style need a reason?

;)

Indeed! However, it is probably much along the lines of how sagging has gone from the pants being around the hips to being closer to the knees: if a little is good, a lot must be better.

Thus, if seeing underwear clearly showing as one layer under the pants is cool, then a whole other layer must be even better.

Perhaps that is all it is, but so often people into various things convey what they do/like/sell by some quirk in attire until it becomes fashion for a wider group.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The one next to the skin might be "boxers", the middle one might be "basketball shorts", and the outer one might be called "sweatpants" or just "pants". Obviously all I could see clearly was the outer layer.

Perhaps that was their way of layering to deal with the cooler temps in morning and evening... except that they were still wearing all three layers in the hottest portion of the day, and on the beach.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
I've seen this a time or two before, but recently while in San Diego, I saw at least two guys wearing three layers of pants. This is definitely part of the whole sagging thing, but do three layers have some special significance?

Is it cold in San Diego?

I know of people in Minnesota and northern Ontario who wear underpants and long underwear under regular pants in winter. Those under age 10 or so wear snow pants as well.

sokrokr

Just Browsing
Media
Let me explain.

When the whole sagging thing got out of control, dress codes started getting changed (or simply enforced) to explicitly rule out "visible undergarments."
To get around updated dress codes while keeping that style, a lot of guys started wearing basketball shorts over their boxers but under their pants.
I've never done it, it seems like it would be really uncomfortable. Go ahead and make fun of it, style has always had a way of trumping practicality.

sdbg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is it cold in San Diego?
Here's the deal from a local who loves this place. It's much cooler than L.A. It's also drier than L.A. and we're only talking 120 miles and an hour and a half apart. This time of year the locals refer to as "June Gloom". The marine layer (clouds) creeps in from the ocean in the afternoon. Often the marine layer will burn off around 10:00 A.M. There are days when it doesn't burn off at all on the coast, but will get sunny inland. Lately, it has been around 58 degrees at 8:00 A.M., 65 at 2:00 P.M., and then back under 60 after 9:00 P.M. By the middle to the end of June, Summer hits. Overnight lows will be 67 - 70. It will hit 75 - 80 during the day at the coast and 95 inland. The warmest months are actually September and October when we get the hot and dry "Santa Ana" weather pattern. It has gone over 100 here at my place and I'm 3 blocks from the beach. That's extremely rare though. Last year it probably didn't get over 80 more than 15 days. The climate is great if you like to be active. It's just as sunny as Arizona, so the cool temperatures can fool people. You realize that your sunburned when it's too late.

MatyMatt

1st Like
Media
i live in baltimore and i sometimes wear lax shorts underneath my sweatpants. tons of people do and i have been doing it since i was a teenage when i might just take off my sweatpants and play a game of lax or something

arliss

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The one next to the skin might be "boxers", the middle one might be "basketball shorts", and the outer one might be called "sweatpants" or just "pants". Obviously all I could see clearly was the outer layer.

Perhaps that was their way of layering to deal with the cooler temps in morning and evening... except that they were still wearing all three layers in the hottest portion of the day, and on the beach.

you are absolutely correct my friend.....layers are catching on ...as a trend in cali and now in new york and other metropolis' (sic) boxers or tightey whities or jockeys are worn next to the skin..followed by a pair of either compression shorts (if u r hung and are gonna play ball then this is wise) and then....u might even wear a pair of gym shorts or basketabll shorts followed by a pair of sweats and then some baggy jeans...this is why some jeans hang off the ass but never seem to fall entirely down--they have support underneath .....if u r turly hung then this is uncomfortable and ...hung or not it is a pain in the ass to get it out to take a piss...