Trojan Magnum XL ad

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Hmmm, strange. I had to go to the campus library to drop off some books, and on the ride home, I heard a new radio commercial for the Trojan Magnum XL line of condoms.

Pretty predictable. Man and woman are flirting a bit and she exclaims (fallaciously), "My, you have a pretty big... foot!" He laughs and agrees, queries if she likes it. She giggles. Trojan Man steps in and introduces the XL, 30% bigger than standard condoms to help out the bigger guys. She pipes in, "No kidding, did you see the size of his foot?!"

He notices, adds, "This one's not for everybody." The horse whinnies. Commercial done.

H8Monga: I've heard that commercial a few weeks ago... I forgot to mention it... sorry :-[

bustyredhead: That reminds me of Donk's sig... if that was the case, you guys could potentially sue for false advertising. "It said it was a foot! I'm not even 11" and it was too big for your cheap condom! Refund!" lol :)

- Nene (Legally Bland)

Donk: [quote author=bustyredhead link=board=health;num=1057454962;start=0#2 date=07/05/03 at 23:46:18]That reminds me of Donk's sig... if that was the case, you guys could potentially sue for false advertising. "It said it was a foot! I'm not even 11" and it was too big for your cheap condom! Refund!" lol :)

- Nene (Legally Bland)[/quote]

LOL. Maybe a bunch of us could get together and file a class action lawsuit.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Funny, it reminded me of a cartoon where it wasn't Bigfoot; it was only 11"

-Jon, going ape over bad puns

Dag: [quote author=DeeBlackthorne link=board=health;num=1057454962;start=0#0 date=07/05/03 at 18:20:22]Hmmm, strange.  I had to go to the campus library to drop off some books, and on the ride home, I heard a new radio commercial for the Trojan Magnum XL line of condoms.

Pretty predictable.  Man and woman are flirting a bit and she exclaims (fallaciously), "My, you have a pretty big... foot!" He laughs and agrees, queries if she likes it.  She giggles.  Trojan Man steps in and introduces the XL, 30% bigger than standard condoms to help out the bigger guys.  She pipes in, "No kidding, did you see the size of his foot?!"

He notices, adds, "This one's not for everybody."  The horse whinnies.  Commercial done.[/quote]

Dee, have you ever checked out The Commercial Closet.com?
http://www2.commercialcloset.org/cgi-bin/iowa/index.html

MISSION STATEMENT: The Commercial Closet Association works to lessen social discrimination of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community by encouraging corporations and ad agencies' to improve LGBT portrayals in the most powerful cultural medium of our time -- mainstream advertising.

Here's how it works:
The project is not activist in nature, but educates the business world as a peer through journalism, public relations, public speaking, and an interactive virtual museum collection of over 1,200 ads from around the world since 1917. Veteran ad and media journalist Michael Wilke and a board of industry professionals carry out its mission.

Although many positive examples of gays exist in other media, advertising is lacking and yet has the most power to reach the "unconverted." The social impact of advertising is far greater than other media because it is not sought out like TV shows or films... it comes to you. Advertising has the power to change much more than just buying habits -- it can also change how we think about each other.

Cheers - dag

Hung11by6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That commercial is the bomb! The dude at the local RIte AId told me I was the only one that buys them... that's because I buy out the store when I see them. And, I told him it's also because they are the only ones that work. He laughed that nervous laugh dudes get when they see us naked or hear about our dicks.