Trojan MAGNUM XL's

PurpleThrillHammer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
WOW:smile: just strapped on one and fucked my fleshlight for test purposess only HAHAHA :rolleyes:

I'm only 6" L, but at 6.5" girth regular condoms always had my dick in a stranglehold and were trying to fly off like a streched rubber band. I had a little bit extra past the head (ok I need another 2" of dick to fill it up to the tip HAHA:tongue:). Very little slippage on the shaft, and the base ring never moved unlike regular Trojans that always kept rolling themselves back up and off or ripping!!!
So in conclusion us short fat cocks can benefit from the extra room that MAG XL's provide too:cool:

Will add more when I bring it into the field for a "live" test fire, just gotta find that lucky girl tonite. Wish me luck:rolleyes: HAHA

Tripod808

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I still think they are too tapered though, the base ring is no bigger than regular magnums and some regular sized condoms.. When I put one on it acts like a cock ring to me, expanding my girth even more, making it roll down my shaft during sex..

I wish there was a large condom that suited the wide base of my shaft..

NoFear

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Condom sizing is all about girth .. and little to do with length.

Sement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I still think they are too tapered though, the base ring is no bigger than regular magnums and some regular sized condoms.. When I put one on it acts like a cock ring to me, expanding my girth even more, making it roll down my shaft during sex..

I've used both the Magnums and Magnum XL's. I researched the specs of both condoms and it does say that the base width of both the Magnum and XL are the same. However, at 7x6, the XL just feels more comfortable to me, even at the base. I don't know why, maybe it's just the way I'm built.

As a side note, I don't think that we'll ever see a condom with an ultra-wide base. It's a liability issue. A condom has to stay on to work and, the only way to insure that is to choke the hell out of the base of our penises. :mad: It's the law of large numbers. Condom manufacturers will make products that can be used by the largest number of people. I wouldn't be surprised if Trojan loses money on their Magnum XL line. Hell, most stores don't even carry them.

B_talltpaguy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I have the same issue... My dick is only like 5.5" around under the head, but it's like 6.25" around down towards the base. Condoms rarely stay on well, unless I basically let that control the way the sex goes.

BigMeatNJ

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the XL are about the biggest condoms I have found. yes..the base needs to be tight to seal and fit and stop from sliding. its a pleasure to be able to have my head flare to full glory and not feel strangled.

denton85

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Port Jefferson Station (New York, United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
there was a good informitive post on condoms a couple weeks ago... and i think i recall that Magnum XLs are actually thinner (by 1/4 of an inch if memory serves me) than Magnums, but longer... so i suppose if girth condoms is what you are aiming for, regular magnums might be your thing.... but... i'd look it up before you take my word for it

SwingDriver

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No, I have a supply of Magnum regulars and XLs, and the XLs are the girthier of the two. I've answered this before, but to satisfy my own curiosity, I'm directly comparing the two right now. (And wasting two condoms in the process.)

The ring on the XL has perhaps 1/8 inch (2-3 mm or so) more girth than ring on the regular. That's a barely noticeable difference unless you compare side by side. What is noticeable is that XL definitely has more girth in the material.

Fully unrolling and laying the condoms flat, the differences are readily apparent, and measurable. Since it is a flat, thin material, one can simply measure across the flattened condom, double the measurement, and get a reasonable estimate of the girth of the unstretched material:

Magnum girth near base: appx. 4 3/8 inches
Magnum girth near tip: appx. 4 3/4 inches

Magnum XL girth near base: appx. 4 5/8 inches
Magnum XL girth near tip: appx. 5 inches even

I couldn't figure out a good way to measure the girth of the ring, but I took a comparison photo with a quarter inside each ring, which I'll post later if there is interest.

(I took 5 photos of the whole process, so I'll post all of them later--I have to get going right now though. In the mean time, condomania.com has measurements of all the condoms they sell if you look for them--they should roughly confirm my findings.)

Last edited:

Sement

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nice post SwingDriver. I just pictured someone walking in on you while you were doing your research :eek:

As an aside, I really wish condom manufacturers would provide girth recommendations for their products (say based on base, midshaft, and head measurements). I had to go through a whole lot of trial and error before I found a somewhat comfortable (or as comfortable as they can be) condom.

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Have to agree with SwingDriver, XL's are bigger than regular Magnums girth and length.

Magnum XLs are definitely girthier at the base ring than regular Magnums. After I used regular Magnums only one time, I wanted to try the XL because I didn't like how tight the regular one was and I must say that they fit very well! :smile: Still get a ring from the tightness at the base, but not near as much as it was from the regular magnum choking me.

As far as length, I can't really remember since I only used it once and that was a long time ago. Since then, I've been using the XLs exclusively for years. I'd have to say they seemed about the same... but I just always unroll the condom the entire way until you get to the small thin ring. That is when it hits the base of my cock on the topside, although because of my upcurve there is about an inch or so exposed on the bottom side.

Last edited: