TROJAN XL condom is a marketing gimmick

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by Dakota36dd, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Dakota36dd

Dakota36dd New Member

Has anyone elss noticed that the TROJAN Extra Large condom really isn't that much bigger than a regular size condom...? It's about 1 inch longer, and just a little bit wider. I think this really is designed to give average size guys the impression that they qualify as "Extra Large"...any thoughts...?

2. xxncxx

xxncxx New Member

I have no personal experience, but I can guess that sometimes that extra room is good for some people. I'm sure some people use larger condoms for no practical reason, but I'm sure most people use them for comfort and extra sensation.

3. ThePipe

ThePipe Member

considering that the average condom can role over and up an adult mans hand and wrist...I would say MOST of the large condoms are more for ego than actual size requirements

4. mask13000

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Then again, I didn't enjoy sex until I found Magnum condoms. Regular condoms were squeezing me to death.

5. davec94

davec94 Member

it only takes a bit of extra width to make it easier to put on. even the smaller condoms can stretch to fit big dicks, but who wants to spend the extra time trying while in a sexy situation. it's just about ease and speed of application.

6. Thedrewbert

Thedrewbert Active Member

Albums:
    that doesn't mean it's comfortable!!:eek::eek:

7. Dakota36dd

Dakota36dd New Member

I know there used to a place on the web where they could custom fit condoms. Yes, I agree regular size condoms are virtually impossible for me.
    BTW, you have a really nice bod...good pics:smile:

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Um.. ok so the extra inch stretches how much more then?

9. LemacST

Gold Member

I'm average and I've tried a magnum on before. I didn't use it for sex though, I just masturbated with one on (I was curious and I wanted to test it out). It didn't feel much different at all and just felt a tiny bit more relaxed. It was easier to roll it down to the end of my shaft (as opposed to leaving about an inch of base, which I know is normal but it feels more secure when it's rolled down lower). I'm not sure if it'd slip off during sex, though I honestly don't think it would. The consistancy of how it remained on my dick was just about the same as regular condoms. If I wore the XL, it probably would though. I do agree with the marketing thing but moreso with the regular mags and not really the XL. You definitely need to be at LEAST like 5 1/2" around to fill one out without slipping out of it, from the sounds of it.

10. LemacST

Gold Member

Also yeah, I believe the bigger guys when they say it could be more comfortable. Regular condoms are the right fit for me but a magnum definitely felt nicer, if I had to put a word on it, i'd say it was like..."smooth". It just rolled down with much more ease and because I rolled it down much more where my base gets kinda fatter, it seemed to stay nice and snug.

Again, I don't know how well it'd work if I were to actually have sex with a magnum on, however. Even if it did stay on well and all that, I'm not sure if I'd want to be carrying them around, I feel like if girls saw it they'd assume I am much bigger and I don't feel like disappointing them or making them think I am well endowed.

11. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    I'm what you would call considerably above-average, but I don't think of myself as huge.

Lifestyles and such always cut the base of my dick off, and left a red ring of death to remind me of the discomfort I was in for 45 minutes. I'd have to pry it off with two hands, even though there was only an 1"-1.5" buffer zone between my pelvis and the condom ring.

I've never tried a Trojan, but I'm willing to bet I'd at least feel some extra room. I'm obviously not qualified to be condemned to normal size condoms, whatever the hell that means. I think that Trojans Magnums and XL's are just giving a little more space for people in the 6.5-8" range. The way that condoms stretch though, it could obviously fit a longer one, it just wouldn't reach all the way to the bottom. There's no reason for it too.

Basically, they know that some dude with a shit-eating grin on his face is going to walk in and purchase the condom thinking he's hot shit. In actuality, I think I should start using them, and I don't think I have a donkey dick, to put it bluntly.

Quite a marketing ploy, if you ask me.

12. optimum

optimum New Member

Albums:
    By the way Lema, your measurement tag is hilarious. It's like a calculation of Pi. Your dick's divisibility just doesn't end!

13. agswin10

agswin10 New Member

yeah, when i first tried magnums, I was amazed by how much better it felt. They may only be a tad bigger, but that tad makes a huge difference. With regular condoms, they would always break during sex (well, not always, but maybe 35% of the time). Since I upgraded to Magnums, it hasn't happened once.

14. jakefromtexas

jakefromtexas New Member

Albums:
    my buddy needs em

15. AlphaMale

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    Condomania Online | Trojan Magnum XL Condoms

Magnum XLs are made to be to wider than the normal Magnums, not longer.

Normal condoms are about 7 inches in length on the long side, and Magnums and Magnum XLs are 8 inches in length. No matter how long your penis is, 8 inches of condom is plenty length.

Concerning width, normal condoms are about 1.25-1.45 inches wide and regular Magnums are 1.50 inches wide. Magnum XLs, however, are 1.75 inches wide... which is a significant difference especially compared to normal condoms.

From personal experience I have to use to XLs compared to other condoms for the width. Normal or regular Mangums will dig in and leave a red ring at the base of my penis where ever the ring is at. The XLs can do this too, but at least I have a little more room for comfort. :smile:

16. bighosenow

Gold Member

Albums:
    I've tried Magnum XL they didn't work well for me. The extra length was nice but the issue for me is circumfrence. I have a big mushroom head and a regular condom squeezes the head. The compression of a regular condom, while not painful, tends to num the nerve endings in the penis head taking a lot of the joy out of sex. The Lifestyles Ultra are almost 3 inches wide at the head and taper down to a standard size at the base. They aren't as long as the Magnum XL's so they don't roll down to the base of my dick but they don't compress and num the head. They don't cost as much as Magnum XL's either.

17. Jovial

Gold Member

Albums:
    It may be marketing, but some guys really do need the extra girth that Magnums and Magnum XLs give. The more the condom is stretched the more it compresses the penis. Condoms that are too narrow stick to the skin so there is no friction or feeling during sex. Also, like others said, the ring that doesn't roll down completely doesn't stretch easily so it makes a ring at the base of your cock. If you do cum with the smaller condom, that ring prevents the semen from shooting out easily, reducing the pleasure. (It's like holding you finger on the urethra.)

For those that think it doesn't matter, try some of the smaller that average condoms and see what they feel like.

It seems like the perfect size would be just tight enough to not slip off during sex.
    They were called TheyFit condoms. Condomania.com sold them. They took them off the market in January 2007, but they are supposed to be back sometime this year.

18. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    With you there, Mask. :smile:

I too have a big cock head and the XL's still squeeze it to much. I tend to lose the hardness when the head is compressed. However they are the only condom I've tried that lets me have sex while wearing one. Regular width condoms usually tear while being installed!

Thanks for the tip about the Lifestyle Ultra bighosenow. I will order some immediately!

19. UtahCock

UtahCock New Member

I have never tried Trojan XL, but I will say this--i used to get pretty frustrated wiht condoms. Sometimes they were painfully constrictive, they had a tendency to break, and I didnt understand why I woudl ejaculate so quickly.

After enough partners excliamed over how thick my cock is, I decided to try out Magnums. They have made a concrete difference. Because the condom is no longer like a pressure cuff around my cock, I can last waaaay longer, I dont recall having a Magnum break, and it is so much more comfortable .

I dont think you shoudl be yanking and pulling and snappig to get a condom on. It is funny, sometimes I can tug on a regualr a condom and sometimes I cant. I htink it varies from brand to brand how much elasticity there is. Who knows?

But I do not believe that larger condoms are just for an ego boost. I can personally testify there is a legitimate reason for added girth and elasticity.

20. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

One inch in unstretched latex is quite a big difference in terms of condom size.

Draft saved Draft deleted