Trouble cumming when getting head

87chris1987

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
So here's the problem:

Out of the (possibly hundreds of) times that I've gotten head, I've only managed to cum 5 or 6 times (all but one were from the same person). I always seem to need to have them take me out of their mouth and let me jerk to completion. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's someone I'm really attracted to, how long it's been since I've ejaculated, positions, or her skill. I just can't do it without finishing myself off. I hate it because I'm worried they think I don't appreciate their efforts or that they're not doing a good job (which they are; I'm always right on the edge of cumming).

Does anyone else have this issue? Anything I can try to resolve the issue?

t1ctac

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a similar "problem" as you, one trick I enjoy is to have her wrap her lips just past the ridge , and suck in quickly as she slides just over towards the tip, then release. She'll (ideally for me) only move about a quarter inch, so her lips constantly are touching and rubbing the ridge, suck/move, release, back to start.

jdoe86

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
I think out of the 1000's of times I've receive oral, I might have came 2 or 3 times? Seriously! I enjoy it a lot, it just doesn't bring me close enough to orgasm to "let go". I've had every technique done that you can think of, deep throat, hands, no hands, super sloppy, no teeth, some teeth, rotating hand (did I forget any?) I'm talking girls and guys who swear they can make me cum from oral. I've even held off jacking off for a few days so I'm going crazy with lust and I will leak lots of pre-cum, but no orgasm. The only times I have been able to cum from oral was after lots of sex and the assistance of a rim job. One of the girls I am seeing not can suck me for 30 or 40 minutes non-stop and I really want to cum, just can't shoot.

87chris1987

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
man, everyone's responses are making me feel a lot more normal, but it also makes me think there's not an easy fix haha

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Your penis is probably too accustomed to certain motions and speeds that just aren't simulated by a mouth, throat and tongue. Meaning you probably jerk off too often.

You can try and jerk off less (as well as varying the ways and speeds of the way you jerk off), or get whoever it is that's giving you head to change it up a bit.

I had the same issue.

PinkSteel

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Welcome to the club.
Here's something that worked for me.
I changed the way I jo'd and started doing it slow and more sensual.
Light touching and get yourself good and horny.
I have been able to cum without touch a couple times.

Now get a set of lips around that big swollen knob.
mmmmmm

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
So here's the problem:

Out of the (possibly hundreds of) times that I've gotten head, I've only managed to cum 5 or 6 times (all but one were from the same person). I always seem to need to have them take me out of their mouth and let me jerk to completion. It doesn't seem to matter whether it's someone I'm really attracted to, how long it's been since I've ejaculated, positions, or her skill. I just can't do it without finishing myself off. I hate it because I'm worried they think I don't appreciate their efforts or that they're not doing a good job (which they are; I'm always right on the edge of cumming).

Does anyone else have this issue? Anything I can try to resolve the issue?

Some people just don't orgasm easily from oral sex. And it doesn't mean they aren't enjoying it. I've actually had quite a few guys say I'm the first person who has made them cum during from a blowjob, so I'm guessing it's pretty common.

You might find that taking the pressure off yourself (ie. thinking - and believing - that it isn't a big deal if it doesn't happen) helps. What's the longest you've tried for before giving up? With some people it just takes a little (or a lot) longer than others.

Even if you find your one of those who can't cum often from oral, if you're genuinely enjoying it, it should be pretty obvious. Don't worry about it so much, and relax. It will happen one day.

bottom_bloke

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Not a single time did I have such an issue whilst blowing a guy (= they always cum, usually followed by "bloody hell mate...").

What you might not realize is that sucking a cock and getting a head are two completely different experiences. We have two aspects here:

1. performing oral sex on your partner does (or at least might) bring some sexual satisfaction for yourself - the person sucking a cock might simply enjoy it to the point when they focus so much on the act itself that they forget about aspect 2;

2. everyone is different, in this case a cock needs a certain stimulation to send a guy over the edge. When masturbating, must guys usually end up cumming in the SAME way (the same hand, position, friction, speed), their favourite. But everyone is different. As a guy you might think that sucking a cock is not rocket science (even if there is a rocket involved) and that it is pretty much obvious what needs to be done. In my opinion even gay guys (who by definition should know what it feels like) are in many, many cases not very good at it.

And one of the main reasons is: a blowjob has to be personalized. It is difficult enough to guess someone's favourite movie and here we are talking about one's physiological reactions and years of fine-tuned wanking. How am I supposed to know that? (Well, give me 10 mins and you WILL shoot your load).

So, straight to the point, my advice would be: talk to your partner.
Let them know what and how you like done (even just by dropping hints "that's good", "slower/faster" etc.), they have no idea what it feels like FOR YOU.

Advice 2: don't be embarrassed to remind them gently if they are not getting it right again (during the same cocksucking session; which happens very often if you have been with your partner for some time). Remember, they probably also got used to certain ways of performing oral sex but nonetheless, most people who give oral genuinely want to be good at it and put a smile on your face so give them a chance. The advice seems obvious but communication is the key to core-shaking orgasms.

Best of luck guys.

Last edited:

87chris1987

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I appreciate all of the suggestions (and reinforcement from other guys with the same issue). To answer several people's questions: I don't think the one person that got me to cum multiple times was doing anything radically different. In fact, I haven't been able to figure out what variable was different with her.

The main question for me is this: IT FEELS FUCKING AMAZING most times, yet I get right up to the edge, but just am not carried over into release. I don't think it's anything to do with pressure on the head of my penis, too-tight of a grip on the shaft, or psychological pressure (even when I'm drunk or really relaxed/zoned out, I can't get over that edge). In other words, a masturbation technique that gets me to the point of release will take me over into release, yet oral sex techniques that bring me to the edge won't take me over into release: I have to revert to jerking. (And yes, I've tried going a couple days without jerking before oral).

bottom_bloke

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
87chris1987: Maybe she was just reading your body language spot on? (But this is hardly a common skill).

Considering that there is a person in your life that was able to make you cum from oral there is no reason why it should not happen again mate. It is all a matter of techique, she just got it right, time and time again from what i hear.

As a matter of fact I had the same problem with one of my partners (oral felt good but no joy cumming) until I asked him to watch me having a wank. It did wonders to my sex life, I can tell you that.

jeff926

Sexy Member
Media
I think it depends upon suckers' skill and their enthusiasm.
With my exgf?!, couple of decades older than me, I was always sure of having great shots in her mouth. She seemed to enjoy herself feeling a cock in her oral cavity and cumshots as well.
While she was an expert, my current gf is hesitant to give me head. Her job sucks.