Trouble gettin a date setup

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
So I hung out with an old friend after not seeing her for a long time and realized that I like her quite a bit. I called and flattered her a bit on the phone and I think I am in now. I caught her at a bad time when she was already doing something that day, my next couple days were booked. So this weekend i asked her if she wanted to do anyhting but she's scheduled to work late.

I don't know what to do, it feels like im in and she is interested. I told her that im free just about any night and to give me a call when shes free sometime and ill figure something out. I got the ball in her court now. Was there anything else i shouldve done or should do? It just feels like it is too much trouble to set something up with her. I don't feel as though she is avoiding me but I know after an initial date it will be easier.

monsternmypant

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Ask for the date, dammit! Saying you're and suggesting a call is borderling passive aggressive--you're trying to make her make the move. Rejection might be hard to bear, but no one wants to give up his or her time to someone who won't outright ask for it.

Best,
Darren

viking1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ask for the date, dammit! Saying you're and suggesting a call is borderling passive aggressive--you're trying to make her make the move. Rejection might be hard to bear, but no one wants to give up his or her time to someone who won't outright ask for it.

Best,
Darren

That doesn't always work very well either.

About the only way I can get a date is to buy a calandar.

fak_et

Experimental Member
Media
I don't know if i explained it right, thing is every time ive suggest something she was busy. Like 3 times so far. So im just askin for a strategy to get something goin. Most of my good first date ideas depend on good weather too so it kinda sucks if i ask a few days in advance and the weather turns around on me.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That doesn't always work very well either.

About the only way I can get a date is to buy a calandar.

You haven't asked me yet, silly. :tongue:

I have problems getting dates too... I never know how aggressive or assertive I should be. I think you did fine, though.

biguy2738

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have a question for you. If you were into a girl, and she asked you out on a date, but you had to work, what would you do?

Have you thought of sending her flowers? A picnic basket for when she works late one night. A pamper hamper with bath salts, bubble bath, candles etc so that she can unwind after a long, hard day at the office perhaps include a voucher for a foot massage given by you.

HaagenDazs

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd say just put it out there and tell her. You have little to lose and more to gain.

Just ask her for a dinner date or a movie date, as friends, and try to introduce a lil romance while on that date.

If I'm scared to ask a girl for a date-date, lol, I ask her for a date, between friends. And then if I see she's really comfortable, as women will give you signs if they want you to move in for the kill or take a hike, then I make my move while we're out. If she's comfortable with me taking it that level, I do so. If she's not, I'll pick up on it as she keeps her wall up and keeps her distance, and I'll know to back off, and leave it as just a date between friends.

That's my strategy, and it's worked for me.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have a question for you. If you were into a girl, and she asked you out on a date, but you had to work, what would you do?

Have you thought of sending her flowers? A picnic basket for when she works late one night. A pamper hamper with bath salts, bubble bath, candles etc so that she can unwind after a long, hard day at the office perhaps include a voucher for a foot massage given by you.

Why do you have to be married and living on a different continent? Geez... fak_et, listen to what he said.