Trouser design

Winger: So I was out shopping with my g/f at the weekend and I was looking for some new trousers. I wanted a pair of flared corduroys but after trying on several pairs as well as some similar jeans I had a slight dilemma. I wanted the said trousers to fit closely to my thighs (I have nice muscular legs, I run a lot) and around my butt (similar situation with da azz! :D) and flare out around my lower legs. Anyway I tried every pair and each time my g/f said "You can't wear those! everone can see your willy!". She was right, every pair I tried seemed to assume you had skinny legs, a massive arse and no meat and two veg! Thing is I'm not overly huge or anything just bigger than average, ususally about 4.5 - 5 inches soft. Has anybody else noticed this trend in jeans/trousers that are close fitting? I know they are bound to show some off, all my jeans do but these were frankly obscene...although the look on the changing room attendants face was priceless, she didn't know where to look, although she seemed to be looking mainly in one direction!

I feel genuinely sorry for some of you huge guys though, how the hell do you find trousers and underwear to fit!!!!

Cheers
W

grnman

Legendary Member
Media
Yes, all the time. Those kinds of jeans will tend top show more. I tend to show either way, so I don't really care, and my g/f has commented to me as well about showing. But, I like those styles, so I show. Levis makes a Skinner style which will fit that way. Boot cut, low rise, two button fly, which I like a lot, and the cords are very nice.

Jack

Awesum9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So who cares if your "Willy" shows? Guess I was very lucky in the genes department as I hang 7 X 6 flaccid, Heaven forbid if I get an erection at a not so approriate time when I measure 9.5 X 7, try to hide that. I find it kind of erotic to watch guys and gals check my bulge out. Have met a number of both sexes due to the visual.

Awesum9

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
:) Damn forgot to mention that any decent tailor can make sure that additonal room is left in the appropriate area of your crotch. As far as the underwear I buy mine from either International Male or Undergear. I prefer thier Cotton Mesh Countour brief, style A083, contains my package very nicely and no discomfort. Keep in mind that those briefs will not conceal anything.

dayne: These underwear may not conceal anything, but you can't beat them for absolute comfort! :wub:

Chicago_Swimmer

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have a similar problem with my trousers. I bought a nice pair of Ralph Lauren without trying them on. They were honestly obscene. My wife insisted I not wear them. We buy my trousers together specifically because of this problem. There were a lot of trousers that we cannot buy because the cloth just drapes/hangs wrong over the crotch.

Amusingly enough, I will try on something then walk out of the dressing room and she will take one look and begin giggling. She comforts me afterwards by saying that most men would love to have my kind of clothes trouble.

I do not have one pair of trousers that don't have some kind of bulge. All my pants have pleats in the front, non-pleated pant are a "no-go".

Best of luck and hope someone will offer a brand that we can all look to.

bigtwin

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Winger, I think a number of people answered your question from different perspectives. To sum: In the selection of casual pants like cords, jeans, dockers etc., if you are not willing to buy a baggier (larger) size then you'll have to live with the crotch fit. Anything that hugs your thighs and butt is going to hug your crotch too. You can get a good looking pair of dress pants by seeing a tailor for appropriate alterations and pleated fronts are better than straight for concealment.

g90: yep, I wear a suit to work every day - a few years back they were pleated a couple of times at the front which made them baggier, but now their all flat panelled at the front.

This is a problem because for trousers that fit well will usually show a bulge even at the smallest time. I swapped from briefs to boxers for the comfort level and its made the bulge even more distinctive.

Personally, I'm unconfortable walking round the CBD showing too much of a bulge. If it gets spontaneously bigger, then I might even need to put my hand in my pocket just to give some space, or even sit down for a while.

Basically, the only thing that made any difference was wearing briefs - but their uncomfortable once you've tried boxers. Just gotta learn to live with it.

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
I actually like the tighter fit cords and jeans...I do have a pair of dkny cords that do advertise the crouch area but I love that they are boot cut...I am average sized in the package are lately have know since I do wear my jeans a little tighter that my zipper has been sliding down w/o notice - now that is embarrassing because my friend comment on it...And for underwear I love calvin klein mesh trunks and the regular calvin klein trunks w/the red band...They have a nice pouch that really makes jimmy look good and a bit bigger...

Oh yeah and those international male and under gear under wear are great for show but dont think they have been practical in every day wear...