Trt shots

Thr3Dk1LL3r

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Depot Testosterone (Testosterone Cypionate) has "For Intramuscular Use Only" right on the box. It should not be given subcutaneously and the needle should be long enough to plant it deeply in the muscle. For a lean guy that would be 1.0 inch in the quadricep (which I don't like) or 1.5 in in the glute (much better).
If you're having trouble getting up the nerve to give yourself the injection, try a small dab of OraGel (or generic). It will numb the area and the injection will be virtually painless. With the absence of pain, it should become progressively easier to give yourself the injections. After a while, you'll become so relaxed you won't need the OraGel anymore. I came close to fainting couple of times before I learned this trick.
Thx that's a good idea

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Some people seem to think that a shorter and thinner needle results in less discomfort. Testosterone is suspended in oil for slow release over about six or seven days. It is thick. My urologist prescribes me 18 gauge needles for drawing and 20 gauge, 1.5 inch needles for injecting. Your body really cannot feel the difference between a 20 and a 23 gauge needle but the thinner needle will require a great deal more pressure to push the medication through. A short needle will result in the medication being up near the skin and, I suppose, cause a welt. What needles are you using? Where are you sticking yourself?

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I inject in the arm or leg. I like the muscles in the upper arm better. I have thick upper arms and can go an inch plus deep. I use a 28 gauge needle and have no pain. When given in upper leg I sometimes feel it at the start, but once through the surface the sting passes. My upper arms are solid, where my legs are just normal size. I think the muscle mass relates to lack of pain.

Sailingbear

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Treyburn, North Carolina, United States of America
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I do not use the glutes, It is a good place if someone else gives you the shot, but my flexibility causes me to go in at an angle. Reduces the depth of the shot. I always go deep, and never have any sign of the shot. Once in a while I may have a drop or two of blood after the shot but nothing more.

Thr3Dk1LL3r

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
So 5 weeks on the shots now. I have pretty much gotten it down how to do them. So far I can get erections again. That a a plus. Negative wise though is I'm actually gain in weight in my torso. I tho k it's making my been pain spike more...joy... Oh and I look like a vacuum cleaner attked my mid section. Oh and it raising my sex drive to insane levels which isn't necessarily good . Because of meds I'm on to keep my anger in check . But I m not gonna quit them yet

Cum_is_Great

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Update: 2 month update. Testosterone went from start 296. Now 1001 . Had high levels of my and fsh before. Now they are both at .2 . These results sound correct?
These sound typical for someone taking test injections. Your lh and fsh are low because your testosterone is high and being supplied by an external source. I wish I had a competent doctor to continue me on my trt. Ive been through three doctors so far. Good luck with your journey!

Reactions: Thr3Dk1LL3r

Thr3Dk1LL3r

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
These sound typical for someone taking test injections. Your lh and fsh are low because your testosterone is high and being supplied by an external source. I wish I had a competent doctor to continue me on my trt. Ive been through three doctors so far. Good luck with your journey!
Thanks. I hope it starts helping me eventually.

BaddJack

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been doing 1ml testosterone cypionate for over 6 years, injected into the right upper/outer thigh.

Many more spontaneous erections when I first started, very few now, I think the dosage needs to be upped.

My balls shrunk to the size of craisins if I did not take the prescribed anastrozole and I developed severe edema with swelling of my feet as well.

Now I faithfully take the anastrozole as well as a weekly injection of HCG which has brought the nads back to life.

Reactions: Sailingbear

Thr3Dk1LL3r

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
I've been doing 1ml testosterone cypionate for over 6 years, injected into the right upper/outer thigh.

Many more spontaneous erections when I first started, very few now, I think the dosage needs to be upped.

My balls shrunk to the size of craisins if I did not take the prescribed anastrozole and I developed severe edema with swelling of my feet as well.

Now I faithfully take the anastrozole as well as a weekly injection of HCG which has brought the nads back to life.
I agree I did like actually gettikng erections for a little while. My balls were already very small (medical issue) and a few years back they shank more. I haven't seen any more shrinkage yet myself. I really need the weight loss and mood improvement. Erections and sex drive don't do me really any good. Don't have any one remotely able to use it with..

Reactions: BaddJack

Uniballer

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been doing shoots for 8 years. My testosterone level when I started was 62. I do 1.0+/-ml every week. Doctor has agreed to keep me on the dose I am now on or higher, we are taking advantage of the no sperm thing as our method of birth control, it has worked great.
I put it in my upper leg, about abeam of the penis, much less painful up high.
I lost one but to cancer and I am a big guy my doctor says though my nut is smaller it is still one of the larger ones he sees. I don’t worry too much about shrinkage I just want zero sperm and that is what I have.

Reactions: Sunstar