Trudeau

I couldn't be bothered to give a fuck. It's much more about MANY things besides gender.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Justin Trudeau isn't female - of the cabinet he appointed, half is female.

Now as difficult as it is to believe I have a Prime Minister named 'Justin' (Justins are boys you put on a time-out), it's very important to me that I vote for someone who is a strong supporter of women and minorities. We had no way of knowing half of his appointees were going to be women, but he didn't let gender affect his choice of best candidate for each posting. If, however, he appointed women to the posts because they were women? I have a problem. When he said, "it's 2015", I took it to mean, he didn't let the old boys dictate his decisions- best person for the job, regardless of gender or race.

Tight_N_Juicy

Mythical Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
Pansexual
On one hand I want to say it's a good thing and perhaps could be a positive step and yadayada.. but Ellie pretty much summed it up. Here in the U.S Carly Fiorina is pretending to be a politician, and IMO she's a piece of shit. I would Not want her representing Me. I don't even really care for Hilary Clinton. She's not as despicable as Carly or say Sarah Palin.. but she's still a wall-street-robot who doesn't actually represent Me.

If the women on Justin's cabinet are progressive thinking people with a drive to make their country a better, more equal place for it's people and a better country in this world, I'm all for it.. but the fact that they're female has pretty much nothing to do with it.

Reactions: fluffychocolate

Naughty Teacher

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i know a few people who feel there is a chicken and egg argument to be made: you get female-friendly government policies iff there is a critical mass of women in government.

which come first, the politicians, or the policies?