True Blood

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MichiganRico and Luka82-

I know what you mean about that storyline. I've got to understand what's behind her hatred of Sam though. And I think the show's following the books quite closely (in which her character has a small role). The great thing is there's so much good sh*t going on you have no choice but to pay attention.

And an entire town fucking? I'm there! Hell one guy was fucking a pine tree and had to have splinters removed from his dick.:biggrin1:

I will say I love the way Maryann is so blazé about everything.

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I hear that Crissy. But Eric takes the cake for me. Knowing Alan Ball he's gearing up for something between Eric and Godric. When Eric sees Godric he melts.

Yup. Works for me.

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
.. for the first four episodes I thought they were calling the town "Bon Ton" (meaning "sophisticated manner" in French). Now I realize it's Bon Temps.

Oi vay.

I think the town name is a reference to the LA phrase "Laissez les bon temps roullet."

Media
Interesting. I think he's embodying the likely existential ennui of true immortality rather well.

Best exchange so far:

Douchebag cult-leader cuck: Jesus will protect me!

Godric: I'm actually older than your Jesus. I wish I could have known him, but I missed it.

Perfectly expressed in a character that is old and powerful. Love him.

Guess I'm in the minority here, but the whole Maryann subplot is wearing very thin w/me. It's become a distraction to the main storyline...let's stick to vamps and humans...and maybe a shape-shifter or two. Unless there's a big payoff to the Maryann hoopla down the road, kick it to the shoulder where it belongs with the other roadkill.

There is more to these characters than you can imagine. Since these stories deal primarily with the natures of both good and evil, IMO her character enhances the story of Sookie Stackhouse. (Read the books)
Wait for it.

I think the Maryann storyline is to keep the people of Bon Temps busy with murders until Sookie comes back.

Not at all. There is more to come. The real reasons why Sookie is even in Texas may not be revealed until next season. We'll see when the queen is introduced.

rainbowknight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I feel robbed that there are only 3 more episodes to the end of the second season. Also, I hate the fact that Godric died off so quickly. I loved those tribal tatts on him.

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Eric turns me on so much so does Bill... best series ever can't wait for the next episode

Check out these steaming pix of Eric and Sookie.

fmforums > Alexander Skarsgård Naked in True Blood.

I was really pissed that Godric made such an early exit (really thought the homoerotic tension between him and Eric would be acted out). He did, however, go with style and grace...and it only helps to further the plot for several reasons. In the short term, now there's no apparent impediment to Eric's pursuit of Sookie.

Enid

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Yea I wish Godric hadn't left so soon.

But does anyone remember when Sookie got scratched by the creature/Maryann? I thought she drank Eric's blood then in order to get better quicker. I remember Bill went to give her blood, and Eric said no no no my blood will help her heal quicker. So I thought he gave her blood then.

Thanks for that link Michigan! That scene was super hot.

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
.. for the first four episodes I thought they were calling the town "Bon Ton" (meaning "sophisticated manner" in French). Now I realize it's Bon Temps.

Oi vay.

Same thing I thought aswell, and I still believe they were don't know when they decided to change it...

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'll say only this about last night's episode. Eric has one SMOKIN' HOT body.

Omg, he is just fucking sexy right? He's my favorite, him and Maryanne foster, I love me some Maenad :tongue: I hate that Godric died so soon, but I heard he dies in the book aswell, so kudos to the directors for staying true to the original tale. I've also heard that in the book "futher along than the T.V seris" Bill is bitten by a tooth fairy with silver caps on her teeth, can't wait to see this beautiful bitch :smile: Love this show so much!

MichiganRico

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm gonna miss Godric. =[
Allan is so young yet he's a better actor than most men ten years his senior.

You're so right about that. The final scene between Godric and Eric made me tear up. Their love for each other may have been tacit, but their outstanding performances made it positively palpable. (I'm quite certain American audiences will be seeing more of Allan Hyde in the very near future.)

B_Stronzo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Tonight's episode of True Blood was the best to date.

Anyone have any idea who the "Queen" of the vampires Bill Compton went to see at the end of the show is (who appears to be dead)?

Sookie's character is only beginning to be revealed.

What a show!