True Hollywood Story...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by lwd, May 25, 2008.

1. lwd

lwd New Member

I was in Hollywood early evening last night. I was shooting the shit with a business customer and watching all the pretty ladies go by. We were sitting down (chairs on the sidewalk in front of his store) and talking about business, about 7PM. I wasn’t really interested in partying.

All of a sudden this pretty girl just shows up out of nowhere, standing in front of the guy’s store. I kind of looked her over, but didn’t really feel like being social, so I went back to talking with my customer. She keeps standing there, smoking a cigarette, so I give her another once over. She’s about 25, pretty face, pretty good body. I look down and she is wearing newspapers around her feet, tapped up, in some mock-shoe get up.

I ignored her, because I didn’t want to engage with a Hollywood street urchin. My customer has a kinder heart so he asked her to sit down, while he got her a jacket. I ask her a few questions to be polite. It turns out she was originally from the Midwest, has been here for 6 years. She had done hair and makeup in the past, dancing, gave up on that, then worked at a coffee shop, and now is homeless. She was obviously looking for a place to stay for the night.

I was slightly compassionate, but wasn’t going to help her out. I was chatting her up a little bit (she seemed a little coked out) and she had graduated college, seemed articulate, but just gave up. Now, I’m as horny as the next guy and haven’t gotten laid in a while, but I wasn’t interested in fucking a coke-whore who now is on the streets.

There was a Hispanic guy who was staying at a low-end hotel down the street. He was a little bit slow and was in town from Chicago for a week and was looking to get laid. My customer called him up and he came down and they chatted for a bit. He doesn’t know how to talk to women, so he wasn’t helping his case, but she did need a place to stay. My customer convinced the hotel manager to let her up with Hispanic guy (she had no ID or bags). After some coercion, the manager did let the girl up with the guy. I went back to shooting the shit with my customer.

I went home a little bit later (I live very far from Hollywood-it’s not my scene). My customer calls me today and said (hearing this story third hand) after the girl showered up, that she gave the Hispanic guy a hand job and then blew him, so she could spend the night. He wanted to fuck, but she insisted on no condoms. Well, the guy was stupid, but not that stupid and thankfully didn’t fuck her.

The sad part about this story is that in my 5 minute “conversation” with her, she actually seemed bright and articulate. My take is she had dreams of making it big in Hollywood, eventually realized how hard it is out here for those lines of work, took up with the wrong crowds, gave up, got fucked up on drugs, and is now fucking just to get a place to stay.

The even sadder part is that her story is not unique.

2. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    sad story. some people will do anything to make it big or to live the good life in Hollywood. i admit, i'd love to be a big movie star, but i see how that life has fucked up so many people. Everytime i see desperate plastic surgery (Christian Slater, i'm talking to you) or seeing people who will totally degrade themselves to be a celebrity (putting out sex tapes and shit like that) or on the cover of a totally narssicisitic magazine, it's totally sad.

3. dcw4

dcw4 Member

very sad story,
    but im glad someone else noticed christian slaters face lately.

told a friend, now i feel i wasnt crazy..

dcw4

ps. prince will nice pics!

4. lwd

lwd New Member

The difficult thing about LA (and mainly Hollywood) is that many don’t really have a sense of self-identity. Many people have this aloof “too cool for school” attitude but there is really no depth about them. Others have had little real world experience and just have nothing compelling to say and/or just aren’t sharp. (I used to live in NY, so I have a much different vibe, though I don’t come across as an obnoxious New Yorker).

Although my customer was a little more sympathetic than I was, we both agreed this girl just gave up.

I have been an absolute recluse the last year or so, and I have become a really boring person. But I do have ambition and am excelling in other areas of my life (business and essentially income) due to my extreme efforts and passion. It has come at the loss of a social life (hopefully, just temporary), but instead of feeling sorry for myself and complaining, I have taken massive action. I’ve had a few of my own hurdles to overcome.

5. prince_will

Gold Member

Albums:
    thanks, my dear. i try. :p

and yes, Christian Slater shocked the hell out of me when i saw a pic of him a while back. yikes.

that's the real root of the problem. no self-esteem/worth or sense of indentity. you have to have a real thick skin and a sense of you who are as a person to make it out alive over there.

and i hope you find success you desire. :smile:

Draft saved Draft deleted