True love.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don’t even know where to begin. Today I get the privilege of celebrating my one year anniversary with the most amazing man I have ever known; and what a privilege it is! I never knew a love like this could exist. Throughout my life, I’ve been taught that love is as equally happy as it is painful, a total 50/50. However, this relationship has taught me that it doesn’t need to involve pain at all. Not “that” type of pain, anyway. The only thing that has ever hurt me thus far with George is the fact that he lives a thirteen hour drive away. Not being able to see his face every morning when I wake up, not being able to feel his arms around me every night as I fall asleep… THAT has been painful. He’s never once hurt me emotionally. Not even on accident. Not a single distrust or white lie. Not a single negative comment about me, my looks, my personality, my parenting skills, anything. He’s done nothing but appreciate everything that I am since the day we met. This is the first relationship I have been in that has caused me to shed tears just because of the pure joy it has brought me. I have never felt this accepted, supported, attractive, and unconditionally loved before. And I, in return, adore him just as much. In my eyes, every single inch of his body is complete perfection. Everything he says, does, and thinks makes me smile. Even his imperfections and faults (if you could go so far as to even call them that) are perfect. They fit my personality. (Does that even make sense??) We complement each other in ways I’d never experienced. Areas in which I lack he is strong, and vice versa. He’s my equal, my confidante, my partner, my lover, my best friend… he’s my rock. I’m so deeply in love with this person, these words don’t even begin to describe it. Thank you, George, for coming into my life. Thank you, George, for teaching me what true love is. And thank you, George, for making me the happiest woman in the world. I love you.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aw, that was beautiful! Isn't it wonderful to be treated well and cherished? Congratulations!

I hope that the distance part works out soon. TheBF and I were long distance our first year, and it was hard, but exciting, too, because the time apart made me miss him and crave him, and every time we were reunited again, it was a whirlwind of emotions, but I already began missing him from the first moment we were reunited because I knew that he would be leaving again soon. It made every moment so precious to me, so romantic, but it couldn't last that way forever. One of us had to eventually relocate in order for the relationship to move forward.

Are you finding being separated by distance as hard to deal with as I did?

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Aw, that was beautiful! Isn't it wonderful to be treated well and cherished? Congratulations!

I hope that the distance part works out soon. TheBF and I were long distance our first year, and it was hard, but exciting, too, because the time apart made me miss him and crave him, and every time we were reunited again, it was a whirlwind of emotions, but I already began missing him from the first moment we were reunited because I knew that he would be leaving again soon. It made every moment so precious to me, so romantic, but it couldn't last that way forever. One of us had to eventually relocate in order for the relationship to move forward.

Are you finding being separated by distance as hard to deal with as I did?

I am! And I'm the same as you, I begin to miss him the second he's here, or even before he gets here, because I know he's going to be leaving me again. :/ It sucks. BUT... if things go as planned, he'll be moving out here in December, which makes me happy. :> Just gotta tough it out a little longer!

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thats wonderful news. I'm so happy for you. True love is grand indeed. Two hearts beating as one. I'm a hopeless romantic. It is the season for love. As the leaves change colors, so do our hearts. Have faith. Everything will work out.

Last edited:

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am! And I'm the same as you, I begin to miss him the second he's here, or even before he gets here, because I know he's going to be leaving me again. :/ It sucks. BUT... if things go as planned, he'll be moving out here in December, which makes me happy. :> Just gotta tough it out a little longer!

That's wonderful! You're going to be together soon. :smile:

One of the nicest things that TheBF did when I moved was he bought me a GPS. I kept getting lost and the GPS got me out of the house more than I was before and helped me explore the area. I know that men can be funny about things like using GPS-es and that it might not work as a gift for a man, but I thought I'd mention what a thoughtful gift I thought it was for a person who didn't know the area.

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

One of the nicest things that TheBF did when I moved was he bought me a GPS. I kept getting lost and the GPS got me out of the house more than I was before and helped me explore the area. I know that men can be funny about things like using GPS-es and that it might not work as a gift for a man, but I thought I'd mention what a thoughtful gift I thought it was for a person who didn't know the area.

Ha. My BF already has a GPS and isn't afraid to use it. xP It is a thoughtful gift, though!

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media

shhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt..i LIVE with my GPS,i drive all over New Joisie(Jersey) every day for my job,i'd be sooooo lost without it.
if a woman bought me a GPS i'd be forever grateful..
sorry i'll leave the true love thread now,