True Story

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Some people are so bold; a few years ago, I had outpatient vasectomy surgery at my doctor's office. Only he and his attractive assistant were in the room. As you'd expect, she gave me some meds to sedate me slightly, but I was still awake and coherent.

As the procedure went along, the Doc starts talking about Bill Clinton and about his lying about his affair(s). Then out of left field the Doctor tells me, "if my wife ever found out about my affair, I'd lie about it too." Then the assistant looks over to him with her eyebrow's raised and says sternly, " You better not!"

Even as sedated as I was, I couldn't help but think I was witnessing 2 people engaged in a rather new extramarital affair and admitting it right in front of me. =)

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably you should make a quick buck out of this by blackmailing them. Sorry, I didn't say that. That was my evil alter ego, can't keep her under control.

I have had a similar experience with two guys discussing the affair of one of them at a bar. Despite the fact that I was sitting within listening range, they were discussing wether guy A should stop it or not, tell his wife or not and all the blablabla. The decisive moment wasn't then, but came later during a housewarming with my then secretary, where I recognized A as the charming husband of the hostess. I kept my smart mouth shut and left, before saying something stupid.

However, what makes your experience special is the delicate environment. I mean, discussing exmarital affairs during a vasectomy...

B_jacknapier

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Doctors have moooooney. A divorce would cost him plenty. Just demand a little bit of hush money, you're offering him a good deal and he'll learn a valuable lesson about loose lips and sinking ships and whatnot.

WifeOfBath

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Unless I knew for certain that she wasn't I would have assumed that she WAS his wife, and he was teasing...

It struck me as a rather innocuous comment too. Who knows if he was speaking hypothetically or joking or what... the OP was pretty heavily sedated at that point anyway and may not be remembering the conversation correctly.

Notaguru2

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
However, what makes your experience special is the delicate environment. I mean, discussing exmarital affairs during a vasectomy...

Yeah, I was a little taken back actually. I wasn't sure if I misunderstood what was being said as I was under the influence. Through the whole procedure we were telling jokes and what not. It was quite surreal.

I told my wife about it just to make sure I interpreted them correctly, and she smiled and told me I couldn't interpret it any other way.