true tales of shocking stupidity, vol. 4

Dr Rock

Experimental Member
Media
who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
Sexuality
Unsure
yep, it's me again, with another news trivia item showcasing such colossal human wretchedness that it can't go unreported.

A Leicestershire Star Trek fan who got into debt making his home look like the Starship Enterprise has gone bankrupt.

Tony Alleyne, 52 ...

remember as you digest the remainder of this article that Tony Alleyne is aged FIFTY FUCKING TWO OF YOUR EARTH-YEARS, folks.

... spent nine years and £30,000 transforming his flat and used another £100,000 to launch a company which offered similar makeovers.

appalling enough, i think you'll agree. however, what makes it especially offensive is the fact that

... the schemes were funded by loans and credit cards and he has filed for bankruptcy with debts of £166,000.

"I set up a business, it did not work and I tried to finance it with credit cards, which was daft really."

no shit. one begins to imagine that Mr Alleyne, instead of trying to recreate fictional worlds in his own home, might want to take a educational trip to the real fucking world.

Mr Alleyne, who is separated from his wife ...

SURPRISE

... said he recently filed for bankruptcy at Coventry County Court.

When Mr Alleyne failed to sell the original version of his Starship Enterprise home for £700,000, 18 months ago, he gutted it.

He is now refitting the flat as the spaceship from the later Star Trek series, Voyager, using income support payments.

um. it seems somebody isn't getting the message.

so let's review: millions of people are freezing to death in cardboard boxes out on the streets, dying of nosocomial superbugs in squalid public hospitals, and working 70-hour weeks just to put their kids through school. and Tony Alleyne TAKES MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT and uses it to TURN HIS HOME INTO A SPACESHIP.

and then you guys wonder why i'd like to exterminate your species.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
very funny scotty, now beam down my brain.

*lmao, see what happens boys and girls when you have one too many bad acid trips*

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
There's always a fine line between eccentricity, idiocy and bankruptcy :rolleyes:

tonyalleyne.jpg

01_01_interviews.jpg

Chuck64

Experimental Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
That's a lot of blinky thingies.... I wonder if he's setting money aside from his welfare checks to pay his electric bill?

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Darwin award material if I ever saw one.

I once made outfits for myself and a friend to go to a Halloween party as Captain Kirk and Uhura, but I could afford the $20 I spent on fabric.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
madame_zora said:
Thanks Rawbone. I can now return happily to being a minimalist. I love that style, but that's bizzarre.
Ya think? LOL

I have to confess when I first saw the pic I jumped to the conclusion it was a dotty old gay couple, but they're not. Just English eccentrics. Easily misconstrued I guess.

As the saying goes, if it ain't baroque — DON'T FIX IT!