true tales of shocking stupidity, vol. 4

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
rawbone8 said:
Ya think? LOL

I have to confess when I first saw the pic I jumped to the conclusion it was a dotty old gay couple, but they're not. Just English eccentrics. Easily misconstrued I guess.

As the saying goes, if it ain't baroque — DON'T FIX IT!*[/quote]

Oh, let's all get over ourselves, EVERYONE suffers from some form of faggotry.

* Best quote of the week.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
ORCABOMBER said:
Personally, Zora in a seven of 9 suit is the best of both worlds.

quote]

Dig it, Now that's something I'd pay to see. Watch out Jeri Ryan; MZ in your Seven of Nine outfit will have every Galaxy Class Starship self destructing over the lovely sight that will soon beholden us.

cypher13

Experimental Member
Media
Without trying to turn this into a game of "I can top that," I can top that.

Although, this is not difficult, considering I am in Arizona where there is no critical shortage of nitwits.

Last Wednesday evening, during my quiet time, I sat down to read when the doorbell rang. Standing at my door is someone whom I have never before seen. "I need help, man."

Well, after reading William Blake I never turn away anyone in need. So I tell him to come in...

He then waves to the car parked at the curb, and his ostensible "wife" and their child emerge and they come into my home, where I say I will feed them and give them a few $$$. I know, I am a fool. It gets better. Read on....

The "wife" and child are covered in tattoos. I mean, the child, no more than two years of age, has more ink under her skin than you will find in the latest issue of Architectural Digest. As far as I can determine, the hands and the areas immediately around the eyes are the only visible areas still blank and while she has hair, I think I see evidence of tattoos on her scalp. There are also myriad piercings in her ears.

And so I feed them. Now, here is the odd thing. He tells me they are homeless and destitute, living in their automobile. He sees me looking at this child in horrified amazement and tells me that tattooing the child cost - get this - "thousands of dollars, man." I did not want to know how many thousands. Why would one spend "thousands of dollars" tattooing an infant when they are homeless - or likely to become homeless?

This leads me to two other questions, one large, the other smaller:

What right do they have to do this to an infant?

Even if someone can establish that they do have that right, do these people, that is, the parents, really believe these "works of art" will look the same as the infant matures?

They were nice enough people, but what are they thinking? Then the true horror comes out: they cruise the better neighborhoods of metro Phoenix and my house looked like an easy score, and so...there they are. Now, I am not afraid of these people, but what to do with them?

So I got them a room for two weeks at a local motel. It's not that muchmoney and even if they trash the place, I can afford to pay for the damages. Tuesday morning I am calling a friend to see if I can get him a job.

I hope the following Tuesday that friend is still my friend. Time will tell.

As stupid as I think it is to tattoo an infant in a manner so redolent of Baroque excess already mentioned in this thread - or in any way - especially under their circumstances, I really wonder if I am being the stupid one here. Yet again, time will tell.

a

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
cypher13 said:

Although, this is not difficult, considering I am in Arizona where there is no critical shortage of nitwits.

Last Wednesday evening, during my quiet time, I sat down to read when the doorbell rang. Standing at my door is someone whom I have never before seen. "I need help, man."

Well, after reading William Blake I never turn away anyone in need. So I tell him to come in...

He then waves to the car parked at the curb, and his ostensible "wife" and their child emerge and they come into my home, where I say I will feed them and give them a few $$$. I know, I am a fool. It gets better. Read on....

The "wife" and child are covered in tattoos. I mean, the child, no more than two years of age, has more ink under her skin than you will find in the latest issue of Architectural Digest. As far as I can determine, the hands and the areas immediately around the eyes are the only visible areas still blank and while she has hair, I think I see evidence of tattoos on her scalp. There are also myriad piercings in her ears.

And so I feed them. Now, here is the odd thing. He tells me they are homeless and destitute, living in their automobile. He sees me looking at this child in horrified amazement and tells me that tattooing the child cost - get this - "thousands of dollars, man." I did not want to know how many thousands. Why would one spend "thousands of dollars" tattooing an infant when they are homeless - or likely to become homeless?

Even if someone can establish that they do have that right, do these people, that is, the parents, really believe these "works of art" will look the same as the infant matures?

They were nice enough people, but what are they thinking? Then the true horror comes out: they cruise the better neighborhoods of metro Phoenix and my house looked like an easy score, and so...there they are. Now, I am not afraid of these people, but what to do with them?

So I got them a room for two weeks at a local motel. It's not that muchmoney and even if they trash the place, I can afford to pay for the damages. Tuesday morning I am calling a friend to see if I can get him a job.

As stupid as I think it is to tattoo an infant in a manner so redolent of Baroque excess already mentioned in this thread - or in any way - especially under their circumstances, I really wonder if I am being the stupid one here. Yet again, time will tell.

a

Don't beat yourself up too bad. Having a heart is something to be proud of. However, don't enable the situation to go further. If the family shows up next week with another tatoo, show them the door and give them a map plainly marked with the route to the next town...

Hatched69

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Dr Rock said:
yep, it's me again, with another news trivia item showcasing such colossal human wretchedness that it can't go unreported.

A Leicestershire Star Trek fan who got into debt making his home look like the Starship Enterprise has gone bankrupt.

Tony Alleyne, 52 ...

remember as you digest the remainder of this article that Tony Alleyne is aged FIFTY FUCKING TWO OF YOUR EARTH-YEARS, folks.

... spent nine years and £30,000 transforming his flat and used another £100,000 to launch a company which offered similar makeovers.

appalling enough, i think you'll agree. however, what makes it especially offensive is the fact that

... the schemes were funded by loans and credit cards and he has filed for bankruptcy with debts of £166,000.

"I set up a business, it did not work and I tried to finance it with credit cards, which was daft really."

no shit. one begins to imagine that Mr Alleyne, instead of trying to recreate fictional worlds in his own home, might want to take a educational trip to the real fucking world.

Mr Alleyne, who is separated from his wife ...

SURPRISE

... said he recently filed for bankruptcy at Coventry County Court.

When Mr Alleyne failed to sell the original version of his Starship Enterprise home for £700,000, 18 months ago, he gutted it.

He is now refitting the flat as the spaceship from the later Star Trek series, Voyager, using income support payments.

um. it seems somebody isn't getting the message.

so let's review: millions of people are freezing to death in cardboard boxes out on the streets, dying of nosocomial superbugs in squalid public hospitals, and working 70-hour weeks just to put their kids through school. and Tony Alleyne TAKES MONEY FROM THE GOVERNMENT and uses it to TURN HIS HOME INTO A SPACESHIP.

and then you guys wonder why i'd like to exterminate your species.

He's an alien!! He's a "d'Weeb" from the planet "Neh-Mrod 5", in the "Duh-mass sector" Let him spawn no more!

It IS kinda cool, though...

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
cypher13 said:

None.

This is the most deplorable thing I've ever heard of. They've completely robbed this child of any normalcy it could hope to have in life. It will be a rare occurance that they will be able to introduce themself without the other person already thinking "WTF?" before they can even speak.

I had been under the impression that there was a minimum age to have tattoos done and that no one other than the person recieving the tattoo could give consent.

I don't know where the legalities fall on this issue but it must be some form of child cruelty. Never mind the appearance issues, getting a tattoo HURTS!

notsmallmatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
that house looks freaking cool.. but that man is a freakin idiot..
i guess this isnt the place to bring up my plans to build the promenade of DS9 underwater?

anyway.. im not sure if i can believe cypher13's story.. or rather.. i cant understand how a man can live to the age of 51 doing such ridiculously dangerous things. this isnt the 60s.. people who are insane enough to tattoo their freaking baby... jesus.. you really shouldnt let them in your house.. lol.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
cypher13 said:

Your heart is good, but isn't this a case for your Arizona Child Protective Services? How is it that no one in an affluent neighborhood has turned them in yet?

This is obvious child abuse.

cypher13

Experimental Member
Media
dxjnorto said:
Your heart is good, but isn't this a case for your Arizona Child Protective Services? How is it that no one in an affluent neighborhood has turned them in yet?

This is obvious child abuse.

Alas, such is the way I think...or don't think, as the case may be. The thought of getting in touch with the Child Protective Services never occurred to me. Even in a best case scenario, what would this accomplish?

The family might be broken up and the infant is still stuck with the tattoos.

It's like giving a few dollars to a destitute person on the street. I am sure most of us have done that at one time or another. In doing this, one hopes for the best, that the person will go and buy a sandwich or some socks or something other than drugs or alcohol. The giver can never be sure, but it is the spirit of the gift makes all the difference. I think so, anyway.

This is one of those dilemmas to which there is never an easy solution. I want to help and my motivation is sincere, but is helping them likely to lead to the best possible outcome, especially given their visible track record? In this case, I might just be enabling further and maybe even more extreme "shocking stupidity," but if that is the case, then the moral culpability is on them, not me. Or is it?

In any event, I have not yet made the call regarding a job for him and I have not heard anything from them since that fateful meeting.

a

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
cypher13 said:

a

You heart is as big as their morals are bankrupt. My heart goes out to that poor child.