truly enlightened

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mista geechee, May 1, 2008.

1. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    i realized its all meaningless. and by it i mean everything is the world. everything that is tangible. i realize now that we are all souls moving through "time".and by we i mean every living thing, from cats and dogs to trees and roses. some sould occupy bark and roots,some occupy fur and claws, some scales,and some in human skin. these different forms are simply vessels that move our sould through this stage of existense . everything is just trivial from the clothes we wear to the bones that support out body. energy can never be destroyed,only the flesh. you see, i achieved true enlightenment. or omega point or watever you may want to call it. free of all worldly thinking.once your mind becomes free, you can truly never be held down. i was sitting on my bed and it just came to me . true enlightenment. and i was TRULY free of all worldly thinking. i realized that EVERYTHING is connected on a higher level. the calcium and zinc and iron (and other elements) that make up our blood and dna is the same calcium zinc and iron that make up nebulas and other stars and every other thing in the universe(s) that take up space. from the largest galaxy to the smallest most microscopic piece of space dust or particle of light. i realized that "time" is simply a repetative story, a minor "plot" twist here and there, but ALWAYS the same outcome.it simply evolves and the "characters" over time. every piece of matter changes roles. energy and mass simply changes from one form and state of being to another. we (the civilization of earth) are not even a footnote in teh book of existence. our tiny planet is not een noticable among the hundreds of millions of stars in our galaxy. and our galaxy is barely a spec among the hundreds of millions of galaxies (that we know about) . as humans we think we are "superior" to other animals. so much so that we classify living things as plant, animal, or human. not plant and animal, because thats what mankind really is. just another species of animal. so how are we superior? because we can destroy more than other animals? because we have silly emotions and pride that motivates us to kill other animals and the planet and eachother because of petty things like skin color and beliefs. because we ravege the earth to build monuments to our existence. no other liveing thing does that. skin color is meaningless.the flesh is simply a vessel for our souls to move through this stage of physical existence. the planet was fine before that first primate decided to walk upright and make a wider range of sounds-which humans call words-than oter animals. but those other animals dont need things like hardwood floors and big bank accounts to be secure. so in reality,we (humans) are the INFERIOR animals. not only are we inferior,we are the worst thing to ever grace the surface of teh earth.just look at the evil we produce-nuclear weapons, violence,MONEY..etc..etc . i realized that there is something bigger thatn america, or earth, or love and hate, or accomplishments, or monetary status and who can accumulate the most material before "death" and the transition to another form as our souls slowly advance through the final levels of the physical plane of existence. i have been truly enlightened.

it feels like the world has been lifted off of my shoulders. like i was in a saune and i stepped out into 40 degree weather and dunked my head in ice water. i feel refreshed. i truly understand. eeryone should try to achieve this moment . its a feeling that no second hand description will suffice for.

2. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    glad to meet another enlightened soul.....now the hard part.....keeping that mentality day to day...and during the tough times. sometimes its way too easy to let the days woes get you down.....remember to try to live above it all....and life will seem much simpler. congrats man

3. uncut1234

uncut1234 New Member

eat some mushrooms... its a life changing experience...
    you will debate some really deep, scary thoughts with your friends.
    what are we? why are we here? what is forever? where did we come from?
    i think everyone should try shrooms at least once... its a life altering experience and opens your mind into realizing how little we are.. how dumb we are... how we know nothing about anything... and how we really have control over nothing except for what we do day to day ... everything else is in someone, or something elses hands..

4. JustAsking

Gold Member

mista geechee,
    I the first part of your writing to be very profound. I truly think you did attain a level of enlightenment about the connectedness of all matter in the universe. Everything truly is made of star stuff.

But I found the last part to be a bit too gnostic for my taste. Not because I want to defend hardwood floors and bank accounts. But because it is too oversimplified the astonishing innovation that is consciousness, self-awareness, and reason.

I think you need one more level of enlightenment to get past the very old traditional notion that a self-aware conscious organism is somehow unnatural compared to other organisms. In fact for the last 1500 years this kind of gnosticism has been a very naive aspect of Christianity that fortunately we have mostly outgrown.

The side effects of consciousness is indeed hardwood floors and bank accounts, but the idea of it is astonishing.

But don't let me rain on your parade too much. I appreciate everything else about your revelation.

5. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    i see what you're saying justAsking. but wat i was sayinf has nothing to do with any religion or spiritual beliefs. it was just how i suddenly understood things to be since tht moment

6. Stretch

Stretch New Member

I'm really glad you added that last condescending comment JA...Up until then you sounded like you just might be only passing judgment...:smile:

Nice post MG. I'm glad you got back to that realization. We are all only star matter. We are, each of us, the center of the universe as we perceive it. We are born with all the knowledge and tools necessary. I continue to find it interesting that humans, as a species, for the most part, allow ourselves to be taught who to hate, what to believe in, which flag to salute, which team to support, blah, blah, blah...Language, customs, daily rituals are all taught. If you happened to be born an hour later or in a different part of the planet would your ideals and morals differ? There is the Karmic theory that you, as an old soul, choose your next life for a reason, to resolve some unresolved issues and then move on...which could be valid...but you have to know if you feel and recognize that. I don't think anybody knows what any of this is all about. All religions exist to try to explain it but it's just humans trying to placate themselves or exploit others. I'm sure there are some who mean to explain sincerely but, who knows your connection to the universe better then you do? Just another reason why the world is as fucked up as it is. If everybody actually lived their life, as the individual they were born to be, it would be a beautiful chaos, as opposed to the ugly chaos we have now. Then again, we as a collective being, have chosen to be where we are...a sad reflection on humans. It just reiterates that the only thing you have is yourself. Recognize yourself and don't let others define you.

7. D_Ivana Dickenside

D_Ivana Dickenside New Member

i love your way with words. very original. :wink: but omg! 40 degree weather!? i would die!!! :eek:

8. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:

thanks for saying what i was thinking stretch....just asking insulted me in what he said about beliefs. if i remember correctly from reading some of his posts in the past, he is atheist, looks down at anyone who has any faith in anything bigger and better than ourselves, and likes to make those who believe feel stupid by using science to prove his point. Also great post

9. psidom

Gold Member

Albums:
    beautiful, isn't it all.
    welcome.:smile:

10. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    Enlightened people separate their paragraphs, use punctuation properly and capitalize the first letter of every sentence as well as making sure their I's are capitalized.

11. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Oh man!

a soul awakens on planet earth ...

12. Elmer Gantry

Gold Member

Albums:
    Meh, you get used to it.

Nice piece, mista geechee. Although the self-loathing at the end shows me that your enlightnement is still one or two steps from completion.

13. mista geechee

Gold Member

Albums:
    really? i didnt mean for it to bee seen as self-loathing. i was simply acknowledging. i dont hate humans or anything at all. just wanted to point out that humans have caused the majority of problems on earth. i accept it and that its our nature. but i dont hate us. to hate one thing would be to hate everything since its all connected

14. tripod

Gold Member

Albums:
    If the animals all had hands and walked upright, they would have invented nuclear weapons and nuked the earth twice over by now. Animals don't give a fuck about anything but their own safety and survival. To say that humans are inferior to animals is not self loathing, it is just wrong.

Enlightenment is awesome and I am stoked that you are going through this path, just don't ever stop going for more enlightenment because the path is almost infinite... there is an end, but is almost impossible to achieve.

The direct result of being enlightened is compassion towards others, animals do not have this ability, nor do they need to have it. Just don't forget the beauty that humans can create and don't just get mad, get active... before you get angry... :smile:

15. liberia

liberia New Member

Albums:
    Get Enlightened -- have a wank!

16. Drifterwood

Gold Member

I'd rather spend an eveing with an esoteric gnostic that a fundie flamer.

And as a point of fact, gnostics predate any other form of existing christianity.

Consider the lillies in the field.................... Your guy would agree with the OP IMO.

17. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Just assuming for the sake of this thread that you don't consider humans animals, have you forgotten the many times Dolphins have shown empathy by leading the lost to safety or shown beached whales their way back to the sea. Have you ever witnessed a family dog protect it's home and stand protection between it's loved ones and perceived danger. The many documented cases of the female of one species raising the orphaned baby of another species as her own.

"Animals", as you separately categorize them only kill for their survival, in almost all cases. I could be wrong about this, but I believe humans are the only, I won't use the term animal, species that kills it's own or others for sport or for any other reason other then food. I'll agree with you that, yes..."animals" do not seem to have this ability.

18. Tickled Pink

Tickled Pink New Member

Albums:
    'Ooh, e's aving a go at the flowers now!!!'

19. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

For the record, JustAsking is a Christian.

20. Drifterwood

Gold Member

Bloody cheesemaker :biggrin1:

Draft saved Draft deleted