Trump: "Bad Things" since President Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Q Vee, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    Really?

1. Bin Laden terror reign ended.
    2. GM and American auto industry (jobs) brought back to profitability.
    3. Job losses stopped, job increases continue.
    4. Don't Ask Don't Tell repealed.
    5. Money provided to States for (jobs) projects to improve roads, bridges, etc.
    6. Military home from Iraq as promised by predecessor.
    7. Preexisting illness removed as barrier to healthcare.
    8. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau created to stem predatory practices.
    9. 2nd "Great Depression" avoided.
    10. First American of African descent elected President of the United States
    Please explain to me how these are "bad things", and why it would be better to have them reversed.

2. ialooking

ialooking Member

Albums:
    #3: the employment is a net loss of 2 million jobs..real unemployment is at or above 10%.
    #9: if the current president "avoided a 2nd Great Depression" by spending 5 trillion dollars..please explain. That's money we don't have n then certainly at some point the chinese will want repaid.

3. B_AmIHung

B_AmIHung New Member

Just legalize marijuana and I'll stop complaining.

4. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    Bureau of Labor Statistics indicates a more positive outlook.
    It’s Official: More Private Sector Jobs Created In 2010 Than During Entire Bush Years | NEWS JUNKIE POST

I can not explain "spending 5 trillion dollars" because I do not understand the reference. Basically, it is Keynesian Economics that stipulates Government spending to avoid critical economic depression. We wouldn't need to borrow (so much, so long) if the "Corporation...people" and the other 1% of top income earners paid a fairer share. The years of Bush tax cuts did not prove to be the economic boom promised. If President Obama had been behind that kind of failed policy they would probably be calling for him to be tried for treason. Despite all this, the USA remains the best bet for investing on the planet, ask your financial planner where they are putting their money. Hint: Not China. This article fairly addresses your question.
    Stimulus may help the economy, but it isn't helping Democrats | OregonLive.com

5. superbot

Gold Member

How exactly is General Motors profitability the result of the President?? Much of it is due to GM's more successful European operation which has been bank rolling the parent company for some time.Industry not politics.
    As for the risk of another depression,I won't hold hold your breath on that one,those trillions of debt are still there.

6. dandelion

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    That would be Donald Trump who is determined to build a golf course in Scotland despite objections from those previously living there? Who having finally got planning permission to build what he wants has said he will not go ahead unless the Scottish government cancels a wind farm it is planning which will be visible from his new resort?

7. sargon20

Gold Member

Well GM wouldn't even be here were it not for the government rescue.

As for debt you should look to the prior president for that gift that keeps on giving. And the current republican party who still loves him despite his disastrous policies and their intransigent policy to undo Bush's tax cuts make any movement on the deficit impossible.

Obama’s and Bush’s effects on the deficit in one graph

8. D_PooNaHoe

D_PooNaHoe Account Disabled

People can keep the wool over their eyes and say Obama is doing good things for the country or they can face the reality that he is no better than the guy before him. There is no reason to sugarcoat a politician's performance.

9. houtx48

Gold Member

My dog would do a better job than the guy before him.

10. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    I can not explain "spending 5 trillion dollars" because I do not understand the reference. ...
    Stimulus may help the economy, but it isn't helping Democrats | OregonLive.com
    [/QUOTE]

Oh! THAT'S the 5 Trillion dollars! Thanks Sargon, great article, super graph!

11. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    The list above is not "sugarcoating". This is a "reality" based list of 10 "things" that have occurred. I believe in any other period of U.S. history, most people at the time would say the President in office during these "things" was doing "good". Please indicate your opinion of the ones that are not "good things" and why. Otherwise, I can not follow your rationale. Thanks.

12. D_PooNaHoe

D_PooNaHoe Account Disabled

I simply voiced my opinion. Not going to get into a debate over it, hoss.

13. Q Vee

Q Vee New Member

Albums:
    Cool. That is the best thing about America; freedom of speech. I am just trying to understand why people, as yourself, hold that opinion, as well as, so easily willing to overlook any positive contributions by President Obama.

He has had a huge challenge and less than one full term and is expected to have turned everything around by now. I just wonder if the priority of the Republicans had been "compromise for the greater good" instead of "prevent President Obama's reelection", where would we be by now. If they had, and things had gotten worse, they would have a better standing to call for a single term.

As it stands now President Obama literally has to work against every Republican and some Democrats too. Bush had much more cooperation with Congress than President Obama and a second term. Used up the surplus. Started two unfunded wars. And increased welfare for the very wealthy. That is not rhetoric or opinion. Those are hard, cold, reality-based facts. Why is that so hard to acknowledge? I have theory, and it is the worst thing about America.

14. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
  15. houtx48

Gold Member

On what planet would anyone care who Trump was going to vote for?

16. spoon

Gold Member

Albums:

yup, i'd stop complaining too!

17. The Dragon

The Dragon New Member

And think of all the revenue the government would collect just from medical marijuana if it's legalization and taxation was rolled out across all states?

But that possibly makes too much sense, right?

18. SilverTrain

Gold Member

Albums:
    The same one where people breathlessly await the next episode of The Bachelor, where Jersey Shore is a giant smash hit, where people happily drink Coors Light, where auto-tune is tolerated....

19. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

"The Donald" is quite possibly one of the most publicity hungry billionaires to ever grace the press. The man loves the spotlight and is a total ham and camera hog.

At the same time the one human being that really loves Donald Trump's opinion is Donald Trump.

Donald has one skill and that is being a "celebrity" with a great deal of money. He has proven numerous times over the past ten years with many statements that his biggest interest is enlarging his own fortunes.

I don't think that an endorsement from Heir Trump is really an asset to anyone and this includes Mitt Romney. Remember that Romney is already being accused of being a member of the "Billionaire Boy's Club" and the more that others with similar financial profiles come out to support him the more likely we get another rerun of Obama. People will begin to smell something wrong.

Trump as an endorsement for anyone is really a liability at this point in time and not an asset. Trump did one of the greatest favors he could have done . . . . . . . for Newt, because at some point Trumps endorsement will be used as a negative by either another Republican or the Democrats should it get that far. . . . .

20. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Meanwhile, on Fox News:

Draft saved Draft deleted