Trump bows out too

Discussion in 'Politics' started by arkfarmbear, May 16, 2011.

1. arkfarmbear

arkfarmbear New Member

If anyone needs any more evidence that the Republicans are throwing in the towel completely we got it today when Trump decided not to waste his money, time or name on a hopeless race.

Maybe Jeb Bush will step up to the plate. I'd love to see another Bush get his ass kicked.

2. parr

parr New Member

Great, four more years of hell.:mad:

3. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

More like we avoided it, if ever just a little bit. :rolleyes:
    We still have Bachmann to deal with, and Gingrich was dumb enough to actually throw his hat into the ring... a man with more skeleton bones than a set of twin corpses even thinking he has a chance. But at least Trump recognized he wouldn't be able to win and stepped down.

4. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    Awww! :frown1:

5. parr

parr New Member

I don't you'll have to worry about Gingrich, but since he threw his hat in he's comitted for the race.
    But you are right about his baggage, he'll just make a fool of himself,
    unless he changes his strategy. The one thing he has going for him is his
    political experience and ofcourse knowe's how to talk a "big" game. :biggrin1:

6. cruztbone

Gold Member

:smile:Good riddance to that skanly, lying scumbag who was the best U.S.- based recruiter for Al-Qayda EVER. he is the worst face of how ugly capitalism can be. his TV program is pure trash and has no relevance to what it takes to be either a good CEO or a good employee in the private or public sector. my dog has better manners than him , and a better haircut as well.
    God bless President Obama. Go to hell GOP and take the Donald with you. soon.

7. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have seen several news reports that say that Trump said that he could have won, but none of them quote his exact words. That is disappointing.

8. Stretch

Stretch New Member

There was never any doubt that Trump was actually running. As for Gingrich, he knows he can never win, but he wants to be relevant again and this is the easiest way for him to get back on TV and in the public spotlight. It's all just a huge publicity grab for these guys. One does have to wonder, though, about the people who have already publicly pledged their support to a "candidate" who obviously never had any intention of running in the first place.

9. parr

parr New Member

All that finger pointing and criticism towards the current administration,
    and how he was going to make things better for America. Well he's
    nothing less than a bullshitter. Nobody will ever take him seriously.:mad:

10. Stretch

Stretch New Member

Not sure if you noticed but...most people didn't.

11. parr

parr New Member

I gave him a little slack, to see how far he would go.:mad:

12. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you ever take him seriously?

13. parr

parr New Member

That's a very good question. Yes, in the beginning because of the way he talked, but as time rolled by I realized that he was only blowing hot air
    and making a complete ass of himself, and just wanted attenion. For a while I was dupped. But made a "error in judgment" just another typical
    foreflusher.:mad:

14. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    So we should consider the possibility that Mitt Romney will win the Republican nomination by default, as he is the only candidate who has proved that he is serious about running!

15. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Even if he wasn't serious, it's not as if Trump took it upon himself to become an insult comic either. Many of the things he said (and demanded) during his uber-egotistical, attention grabbing stunt was beyond ignorant, and for that I don't care if his short-lived run for the presidency was just a publicity stunt OR a joke. This failed faster than his three chapter elevens. From my standpoint, he realized real quick that without stupid stuff like birth certificates he had no way to rally any base, or have any voices of support behind him when other candidates and/or political analysts starting questioning his own character.

Good riddance to such a schmuck.

16. Bbucko

Gold Member

Albums:
    Did you ever truly believe that his "candidacy" was ever anything other than some ugly marketing ploy? He is a clown out of the mold of PeeWee Herman (though I find PWH a more interesting and entertaining persona than Trump's): a completely unserious, highly fictionalized character much more than a sincere human being.

This sideshow really does reveal that the GOP's base requires regular servings of dark red meat to chew on; his poll numbers a week ago were astonishing. Now that he's gone, the spot for #1 crazy is split between Bachmann and Palin.

I may be mistaken, but I'd be very surprised if Jeb Bush makes an appearance until the 2016 campaign; how short are peoples' memories, after all?

17. Calboner

Gold Member

Albums:
    I would like to see Triumph the Insult Comic Dog interview Trump, Bachmann, and Palin (separately).

18. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Part of me knew that this was all attention grabbing. But I still feel a bit peeved at the things he said and the supportive responses it was generating. That probably shocked me more than anything else.

19. texas41-38

texas41-38 Member

God I miss Bill Clinton.

20. FuzzyKen

FuzzyKen New Member

I think that Romney is the only serious candidate that the GOP has that is not a total waste of time. Good ol' Newt is just there to suck down party money, and I suspect that he will bow out quickly. If he stays in too long he will divide the party and that will guarantee a win for Obama. If they are smart they will throw Newt out quickly. The "radicals" Bachmann and Palin are both more money draining losers as far as viability. They will talk and they will posture, but very soon they will throw their support behind whomever the party picks just to have a chance to flap their gums repeatedly. Both Palin and Bachmann are publicity queens who love to be in front of cameras or reporters. They will both actively campaign to their extremist followings for the party. This is the only way they have value.

Right now you are either going to get Romney as your serious candidate or a "dark horse" drafted by the party at the last minute. Actually, already mentioned was Jeb Bush and he has the name to win the extremists without completely making the other side go crazy so a last second throw in by good ol Jeb would not be impossible as the "dark horse".

One of the biggest deciding factors will be what the Obama Campaign comes up with and what he does in the final months right before the election. We are talking November 2012 and some earth shanking revelation or accomplishment in the final months of 11 or the first six of 12 could throw the election easily to Barak. People have short memories. Horrible polls one month, gets Bin Ladin and for a time great poll numbers. Bush did exactly the same thing.

The Presidential Election is far less important this time than the elections of Senators and Congressmen. The Senatorial and Congressional elections have the potential to give an absolute carte blanche to either side and if the people are mad enough they could throw out the GOP just as fast as they elected them.

Are all of you ready for the lying smut commercials that we are about to be inundated with? This next election could be one of the dirtiest in U.S. History.

Draft saved Draft deleted