Trump's budget

Thikn2velvet1

Admired Member
Media
It completely bewilders as to why liberals always want higher taxes. Why on earth do you want politicians to have access to your money so that theses strangers can spend it however way THEY want?

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It completely bewilders as to why liberals always want higher taxes. Why on earth do you want politicians to have access to your money so that theses strangers can spend it however way THEY want?
Because I like thing like roads, bridges, parks, clean water, clean air ...

Thikn2velvet1

Admired Member
Media
Can anyone cite an example of a country taxing itself to prosperity?

The EU is a high tax, high social spending entity. It has stopped growing, and is at risk of shrinking. The per capita GDP of the EU ranges from about $37000-44000.

The per capita GDP of the US ranges from $59000-66000.

High taxes appear squelch growth. I am not sure anyone can argue against that. I will listen to any cogent argument that states high taxes lead to economic growth, but IMO, examples will be hard to find.

My friend is going to buy a $900000 boat ( Grady-White) almost entirely made in the US. That $900k will be distributed to a lot of Americans for their hard work. Isn’t that better than taxing him out of the $900k and just spending the money on vote buying?

Reactions: wb333777

gr8gatsby

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...free food, free college, free healthcare, free housing, free daycare, free retirement, free vacations, free shit for everyone! That’ll work.
Do you use roads? Have you used public school? Will you ever go to a hospital?

Anyone who doesn't think they benefit from taxation is willfully ignorant.

Thikn2velvet1

Admired Member
Media
Do you use roads? Have you used public school? Will you ever go to a hospital?

Anyone who doesn't think they benefit from taxation is willfully ignorant.

I am not against communalism, where all of us pay for roads and schools( crappy as they are due to the horrid teachers unions). I am foursquare against income transfers. Free college is evil. Why should people who choose not to go to college pay for others to go?

Why did you avoid answering the boat question?

Reactions: wb333777
D

deleted116951

Call me crazy but if I'm expected to be a responsible American and budget my household finances such that I cover all my responsibilities and don't take on a huge amount of debt than my government should be able to do that too.

Republican or Democrat, I don't care, stop spending money you don't have. Sets a bad example for the rest of us.

Can anyone cite an example of a country taxing itself to prosperity?

The EU is a high tax, high social spending entity. It has stopped growing, and is at risk of shrinking. The per capita GDP of the EU ranges from about $37000-44000.

The per capita GDP of the US ranges from $59000-66000.

High taxes appear squelch growth. I am not sure anyone can argue against that. I will listen to any cogent argument that states high taxes lead to economic growth, but IMO, examples will be hard to find.

My friend is going to buy a $900000 boat ( Grady-White) almost entirely made in the US. That $900k will be distributed to a lot of Americans for their hard work. Isn’t that better than taxing him out of the $900k and just spending the money on vote buying?

You won’t get an answer. Just more complaining.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Better be mindful of Occupant 45's bedrock economic operating principles: Borrow lots of Other People's Money (OPM), spend it recklessly, then renege on the debt and go bankrupt. Trump and the GOP borrowed money for 3 years, and gave it to the farmers as welfare and to the rich. They really do not care about this country, except to line their pockets. Meanwhile, when Obama was in office, they would shut down the government rather than increase the debt limit.

Federal Reserve Board Chair Jerome H. Powell told Congress on Tuesday that now would be a good time to reduce the federal budget deficit, which is expected to top $1 trillion this year.

“Putting the federal budget on a sustainable path when the economy is strong would help ensure that policymakers have the space to use fiscal policy to assist in stabilizing the economy during a downturn,” Powell said in testimony to the House Financial Services Committee.

In past recessions, the Fed has played a large role in reviving the economy by sharply cutting interest rates. But Powell has been warning lawmakers that the central bank won’t have much ammunition left to fight the next downturn because interest rates are so low (the benchmark rate is just below 1.75 percent, far below rates above 5 percent in the past).

Fed Chair Powell warns Congress that $1 trillion budget deficits are unsustainable

NINE OF THE LAST TEN RECESSIONS HAPPENED UNDER A REPUBLICAN ADMINISTRATION

eqbllorxsayhi40-png.12398211

HeLied.jpg

You guys afraid to answer questions? What's your personal difference between criticism and complaining?
Criticism tends to offer solutions.

Complaining does little more than state what is wrong, at least to the plaintive.

For many of you it seems to matter what Trump does or does or does not do, because Trump.

You guys afraid to answer questions? What's your personal difference between criticism and complaining?
You got asked a question before I made a comment. Can you answer it? Better yet will you? Do you even a have a rebuttal?

spaj8987

Legendary Member
Media
Criticism tends to offer solutions.

Complaining does little more than state what is wrong, at least to the plaintive.

For many of you it seems to matter what Trump does or does or does not do, because Trump.

No. Criticisms don't have to have solutions. That's not what a criticism is.

[ the act of passing judgment as to the merits of anything. ]

You'd think it'd be much easier to get the definition of words since you are currently on the internet.

Reactions: dreamer20