Trump's cabinet... what will it "look" like:

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
If you take out the fact he's not putting anybody in positions, his opponents wouldn't go for, I'm still hoping among hope at last one pick doesn't come across like he's paying a favor back, seriously. And what's with all the leaks from his picks? This is what I find to be tacky. I realize people leak stuff in Washington on purpose. But the way he's carrying this out, he's showboating.

I'm not saying he an has to be perfect, pretend to be fair. But based off of the leaks, I'm not getting the picture he painted when he won saying he would try to heal the divide.

TrumpFalwell-660x330.jpg

Falwell: Trump Offered Me Education Secretary Job

November 27, 2016 Christianists, Religion

The Associated Press reports:

Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr. says President elect-Donald Trump offered him the job of education secretary, but that he turned it down for personal reasons.

Falwell tells The Associated Press that Trump offered him the job last week during a meeting in New York. He says Trump wanted a four- to six-year commitment, but that he couldn’t leave Liberty for more than two years.

Falwell says he couldn’t afford to work at a Cabinet-level job for longer than that and didn’t want to move his family, especially his 16-year-old daughter. Trump announced Wednesday he had selected charter school advocate Betsy DeVos for the job. Falwell says he thinks DeVos is an “excellent choice.”

DeVos and her family have donated millions of dollars to anti-LGBT hate groups.

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Combine this with his pick of Mitch McConnell's wife, in addition to these.

http://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe/watch/trump-furious-over-conway-talk-on-romney-818841155909

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/...deputy-national-security-adviser-819573315626

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-picks-obamacare-for-for-hhs-nbc-source-819502659682

In culmination with the thread conflict of interests, where some of us expressing concerns of Trump's cabinet picks are perceived as nervous ninnies.

I can see them saying what do you guys want? When he picks experienced people you still bitch. Missing the point, that the election was just 3 weeks ago and his picks flies in the face of draining the swamp from Washington politicians. Translation- if we, his dissenters can't have it both ways, neither can he.

Not to mention, just imagine how historic it has been from the congressional body to pass minimal to no legislation in the past 6 years, brag on it, raise money off of it, some who were openly critical to trump before he won.

Now Imagine how McConnell looks as he doesn't mind getting his wife on board with the new regime, and how it speaks volumes.

Remember all the talk Bill Clinton had better not be involved. Congressional law makers were talking about holding congressional hearings and the man hadn't even said he would take any position in Hillary's cabinet. And some of the same one's after publically saying that like Corker, and Pompeii are like OOoo, OOooo me, me, Donald pick me.

However> You have to admire their style. One lessons learned for the other side.
When the media whips up a bunch of bullshit fake outrage following you guys around for comment about your opponent, say as little as possible and keep pushing your agenda. Because nobody respects a politically correct yes man.

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
MiTT! MiTT! MiTT! MiTT! Why MiTT!, Why!??! Dude, where's your honor, your dignity, your pride!?

& the a photo op MiTT!?!?
161129212927-trump-romney-exlarge-169.jpg

Trump is pimping the white house and you just became his bottom bitch.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/romney-trump-dinner_us_583e4b96e4b0c33c8e130346

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/29/politics/donald-trump-mitt-romney-jean-georges/

POLITICS
Mitt Romney After Donald Trump Dinner: He Can ‘Lead Us To That Better Future’
Romney, Trump and Reince Priebus dined on frog legs at a French restaurant at one of Trump’s hotels.
11/29/2016 10:58 pm ET
Reuters/HuffPost
X
Mitt Romney made an impassioned statement in support of President-elect Donald Trump on Tuesday to try to erase doubts about him among Trump’s supporters and remain in contention for U.S. secretary of state.

Romney, a fierce critic of Trump during the Republican presidential primary battle, stopped short of an outright apology but his intention to wipe the slate clean was clear.

The former Massachusetts governor, who was the Republican presidential nominee in 2012 and lost, praised Trump for a “message of inclusion and bringing people together” since his Nov. 8 victory over Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Noting the appointments Trump has made to fill key cabinet positions for his administration and his desire for greater unity among Americans, Romney said that “all of those things combined give me increasing hope that President-elect Trump is the very man who can lead us” to a better future.

Romney made his remarks after a lengthy meal with Trump and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus at a French restaurant at a Trump hotel in Manhattan. They dined on garlic soup with frog legs, scallops, steak and lamb chop.

583e4de11a00000b03cca626.jpeg

Lucas Jackson / Reuters
Romney, Trump and Reince Priebus dined on frog legs, scallops, steak and lamb chop at a French restaurant at one of Trump’s hotels.
Prior to Trump’s election win, Romney was a harsh critic of Trump.

“Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud. His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He’s playing the members of the American public for suckers. He gets a free ride to the White House, and all we get is a lousy hat,” Romney said in March.

Since Trump began to seriously consider Romney as a potential secretary of state, some on Trump’s team have voiced doubts about bringing in a former critic and rallied around their preferred candidate, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, a long-time Trump friend and loyalist.

Leading this effort in an unusually public way has been senior Trump adviser Kellyanne Conway, who told a round of television interviews on Sunday that Trump supporters would feel “betrayed” if Romney was picked.

Trump, however, has kept Romney in contention for the secretary of state position, and a Republican source close to the transition effort said Priebus has been pushing for Romney behind the scenes.

“I had a wonderful evening with President-elect Trump,” Romney said in remarks to reporters after the dinner. “We had another discussion about affairs throughout the world and these discussions I’ve had with him have been enlightening, and interesting, and engaging. I’ve enjoyed them very, very much.”

Trump is also considering U.S. Senator Bob Corker of Tennessee, who is chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Corker met Trump at Trump Tower earlier on Tuesday and told reporters afterward that Trump “needs to choose someone that he’s very comfortable with and he knows there’s going be no daylight between him and them.”

“The world needs to know that the secretary of state is someone who speaks fully for the president and again, that’s a decision he’s going to have to make,” Corker said.

Reactions: b.c.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
MiTT! MiTT! MiTT! MiTT! Why MiTT!, Why!??! Dude, where's your honor, your dignity, your pride!?

& the a photo op MiTT!?!?
161129212927-trump-romney-exlarge-169.jpg

Trump is pimping the white house and you just became his bottom bitch.

Honor? Dignity? Pride? Look at Mitch's face. Donnie's too. Picture tells all, does it not?

Reactions: N68

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Media Buries it's Own Lead. (Again)

Just as I suspected. The news coverage is flooded with Mitt Romney selling out, so to speak.

And with all the cabinet picks, both CNN & MSNBC went for the shiny red ball labeled billionaires and missed the lead. For the tough wielding investigative reporters, journalists, and pundits forcing Paul Ryan, and now Mitt Romney to answer for trump's statements, prior his victory.

What happened to Mitch McConnell? You could barely get him to go on record against Trump in any form publicly. Well I guess it paid off. But that doesn't mean it show go without scrutiny.

Doesn't Mitch McConnell and his wife get to be asked how soon was it she was considered for this position?

Moreover, shouldn't the media be asking Mitch McConnell does this account for his absence in criticizing Trump during his campaign? Talking about draining the swamps.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Who Is Elaine Chao? Donald Trump Cabinet Pick Is Mitch McConnell's Wife And Establishment Republican
By Tim Marcin@TimMarcin On 11/29/16 AT 12:18 PM

Former Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao has been chosen to head up the Department of Transportation by President-elect Donald Trump, according to multiple reports Tuesday.

Chao, 63, is definitely a part of the so-called "Republican establishment." She served in the administrations of both President George H.W. Bush and President George W. Bush. She's also been married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell since 1993.

Chao, who was labor secretary under the second Bush administration, was the first Asian-American woman to serve in a cabinet-level job. She was the sole cabinet member to serve the entire eight years with Bush.

Chao met with Trump last week to talk labor and transportation policy. Other candidates for the position had included Rep. Lou Barletta of Pennsylvania, a staunch opponent of immigration, and Rep. John Mica of Florida, who chairs the House Transportation Committee.

While Chao is an experienced politician, unlike outsider Trump, her political career is not without controversy. Critics, chiefly labor unions, said her tenure as labor secretary was marred by favoritism for big business and a lax attitude to worker safety, the New York Times reported in January 2009, just ahead of President Barack Obama's inauguration.

Chao has remained involved in politics, even if not directly holding a job in Washington. She's been described as a trusted adviser to her husband, with a Time article in 2014 describing her as McConnell's "secret weapon."

Chao had previously attended Harvard Business School, served as a fellow in the Reagan White House and as deputy secretary of transportation in the administration of President George H.W. Bush.

Chao was born in Taiwan and came to the United States as a child, fleeing China's communist revolution. Her family, in turn, started a shipping company that grew into a massive business.

As transportation secretary, Chao may have to oversee massive spending on infrastructure, as Trump has promised to spend $1 trillion on roads, bridges and other similar projects. The New York Times' Maggie Haberman posted on Twitter that Chao's selection is perhaps a bit surprising since a transition official had told her Chao was a "dark-horse candidate" as recently as Monday.

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Now it all makes sense, the more pressure they put on Paul Ryan to denounce trump, it was tepid at best.

A tactic I personally disapprove of from the media. I thank that's not their role..

Oh to be a fly on the wall when trump met with them {Republican congressional leaders} before the election knowing who was getting hooked up. It must've been like they were on Oprah

54801770.jpg

The sad part is the Russians only chose to air the democrats behind the scenes dirty laundry. How convenient.

Let's see them investigate the hacking as they promised like Benghazi.

Last edited:

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Ok, now he's just fucking with us!!

Donald Trump in Talks to Pick Democrats' Worst Nightmare for Cabinet Position--Sarah Palin: ABC Reports

By Kyle Becker
10 hours ago
urban legend).

GettyImages-518752874.jpg

Image Credit: Darren Hauck/Getty Images
Not that Sarah Palin. We're talking about the flesh-and-blood person who was a governor, Fox News commentator, reality TV personality, author and political pundit.

In what would be a sweet bit of revenge for the hard left giving mainstream America the most divisive president in history for eight years, ABC News reports “sources” say President-elect Trump is in talks with its nemesis — yeah, Sarah Palin — for a Cabinet position.

The New York Post reported the “devasting” development:

Sarah Palin is being considered for Donald Trump’s Cabinet.

The former Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential nominee is a contender for Department of Veterans Affairs secretary, ABC reported.

GettyImages-487405666.jpg

Image Credit: Chip Somodevilla/Staff
The Post adds an additional key bit of background information:

Last week Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway suggested Palin wouldn’t be joining the administration at the cabinet level.

“I know that they’re close and that she’s been a great, loyal friend and adviser to him throughout the campaign, but I haven’t seen her as part of the cabinet mix,” Conway told Fox News’ “The Kelly File.”

Conway quickly added: “But that doesn’t mean that she’s not.”

In the midst of a cacophony of speculation about Trump's potential Cabinet picks, one has to treat such reports from unnamed sources with skepticism.

GettyImages-462091216.jpg

Image Credit: Scott Olson/Getty Images
But a scan of Palin's recent social media comments seem to jibe with the narrative that she, indeed, could be ramping up to a job as Department of Veterans Affairs secretary.

On Facebook, she posted gratitude to Donald Trump on behalf of veterans:

The following message accompanied it:

“We should be grateful we'll soon have a commander-in-chief who will champion our vets and honor the promises our nation made; a pro-private sector individual who surely understands bigger government is NOT the answer; a President who promised to drain the swamp and clean up all government corruption... all things our vets and active duty troops deserve.”

Palin also shot out a similar message on Twitter:

Sarah Palin, Madam Secretary? Cue the left's head explosion:

This is starting to get fun, folks.

GettyImages-544093102.jpg

Image Credit: Marc Piscotty/Stringer/Getty Images

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Retired Gen. David Petraeus Would Have To Notify His Probation Officer To Travel As Secretary Of State
November 30, 2016 News, Politics 435 Comments

New York Magazine reports: If Donald Trump chooses former CIA director and retired General David Petraeus as the winner of his secretary of State reality show, he’ll want to throw in a pardon, too. In 2015, Petraeus pled guilty to a misdemeanor charge of mishandling classified information, which he shared with his mistress. That alone would reportedly require a pardon ...

Read More »

___________________________________________________________________________________________
REALITY SHOW SOLIDARITY: Trump Is Considering Naming Sarah Palin To Be Secretary Of Veterans Affairs
November 30, 2016 News, Politics, Teabagistan 276 Comments

ABC News reports: Sarah Palin is under consideration for secretary of veterans affairs, a close Palin aide and a top Donald Trump transition official tell ABC News. The Palin aide tells ABC News that in “recent days,” Palin told Trump transition officials: “I feel as though the megaphone I have been provided can be used in a productive and positive ...

Reactions: ActionBuddy

coopturn

Expert Member
Media
If he *has* to appoint Palin, I could think of more dangerous positions for her. If nothing else, maybe she'll stop and think a bit before screwing over veterans.

Hope springs eternal.

Maybe, but I still think she'd be a disaster for the VA. She would be the first non-veteran appointed to the post. I would imagine that veterans groups like the American Legion, the Disabled American Veterans, the Vietnam Veterans of America, etc. would not be pleased just based on that and would raise a fuss. Having family members who are veterans is not the same thing as being one. On top of that, the VA is the largest federal agency in the federal government with over 300,000 employees. The State of Alaska, by contrast, has less than 20,000 employees. Palin has no experience managing anything of that size and scope or with a budget the size of the Department of Veterans Affairs. My biggest fear was that Trump would appoint some retired general who had no experience managing a large civilian department, but the prospect of Palin's appointment is even worse. Our vets deserve better. Isn't that what Trump said during his campaign?

Klingsor

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Maybe, but I still think she'd be a disaster for the VA. She would be the first non-veteran appointed to the post. I would imagine that veterans groups like the American Legion, the Disabled American Veterans, the Vietnam Veterans of America, etc. would not be pleased just based on that and would raise a fuss. Having family members who are veterans is not the same thing as being one. On top of that, the VA is the largest federal agency in the federal government with over 300,000 employees. The State of Alaska, by contrast, has less than 20,000 employees. Palin has no experience managing anything of that size and scope or with a budget the size of the Department of Veterans Affairs. My biggest fear was that Trump would appoint some retired general who had no experience managing a large civilian department, but the prospect of Palin's appointment is even worse. Our vets deserve better. Isn't that what Trump said during his campaign?

Great. You had to rain on my funeral procession.

Boobalaa

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just think of the USO tours , wonder whom she'd put in charge of those..think of all the Palins who would be in the VA administration..wow

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Is this what taking the country back /making America great again supposed to look like? I'll pass.
TrumpGrabbingHands8-660x330.jpg

Trump Narrows Secretary Of State Field To Four In Celebrity Apprentice: White House Elimination Round

November 30, 2016 News, Politics

The Hill reports:

President-elect Donald Trump has narrowed the field of contenders for secretary of State to four candidates, his transition team said today. Spokesman Jason Miller confirmed that former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney (R) and former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R) are still under consideration.

Miller would not reveal the names of the other two contenders, but it is widely believed that Trump is also considering retired Gen. David Petraeus and Republican Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee for the job. Trump and Romney dined in public with Reince Priebus, Trump’s incoming chief of staff, on Tuesday night in New York City. It was Romney’s second meeting with Trump about becoming the nation’s top diplomat.

Romney’s consideration for the role, however, has caused turmoil within Trump’s inner circle. Giuliani, a longtime Trump confidante, covets the job. And Trump’s former campaign manager, Kellyanne Conway, has openly campaigned against the Romney selection, saying it would anger Trump’s base of supporters.

N68

Worshipped Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I understand posts about trump can't away revolve around agenda's like gay rights. But when it does...

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/12/james-mattis/

Trump’s Defense Sec’y Pick James Mattis Suggested Allowing LGBT Troops to Serve Openly Weakened the Military

by Sean Mandell
December 1, 2016 | 6:33pm

Mattis_Centcom_2010.jpg

James Mattis, Donald Trump’s choice for Secretary of Defense, recently warned against imposing “social change” on the military, hinting that he believes President Obama’s efforts to allow gay and transgender troops to serve openly has weakened the military.

Mattis made his comments in a book of essays published in August titled Warriors & Citizens: American Views of Our Military, which he and Kori N. Schake, former senior policy adviser to the McCain-Palin campaign, co-edited.

Foreign Policy blog reports,

In a book published this year about civilian-military relations co-edited with FP contributor Kori Schake, Mattis warned of the danger of civilian leaders with a “progressive agenda” imposing “social change” on the military.

“We fear that an uninformed public is permitting political leaders to impose an accretion of social conventions that are diminishing the combat power of our military,” Mattis and Schake wrote.

Mattis apparently is aligned with another top-ranking military official who has been skeptical of President Obama’s pro-LGBT policies when it comes to military service. More via FP blog:

If confirmed as defense secretary, Mattis would likely see eye to eye with the top-ranking military officer, Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joseph Dunford, a fellow Marine and longtime friend who at one point served as a subordinate to Mattis.

Both Mattis and Dunford take a dim view of some of the personnel changes carried out by the Obama administration, particularly those focused on integrating transgender troops and opening up combat jobs to female soldiers. In 2011, the Obama administration repealed a ban on gay troops from serving openly. Last year, the Pentagon lifted a prohibition on women serving in ground combat jobs. And in June, Defense Secretary Ash Carter opened the door to allow openly transgender people to serve in the military. The changes likely will come under strict scrutiny from a Trump administration, and the transgender rules could even be reversed.

Watch a report on Mattis, below.

Keep in mind, not everyone on the panel with Mattis to repeal DADT held his view. Mostly all straight republican military type.

Reactions: Klingsor and b.c.