Trump's tax reform

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The death toll in Texas is now up to 19 and a humanitarian crisis is still developing. Regardless, Mr Trump flew to Missouri today to start his campaign for Tax Reform. Here is the plan as he laid it out today:

crickets

He doesn't have one. He is going to let congress write one IN SECRET. We all know how well that went for healthcare.
If anyone sees a plan, please post it here so we can discuss.

Reactions: stultzli0500

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
We all know how well that went for healthcare.

When I read that, I immediately thought of Obamacare of course, but bet you meant the stupidity in the House and Senate this spring. Funny how those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Reactions: Mr Ed in Mass

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If he has no plan, why is he flying to North Dakota to talk about his tax plan?

Suppose it's a secret. Maybe he will discuss an actual plan.

He certainly wouldn't be the first politician to open his mouth before having one.

And now it's you who have "completely glossed over" the tax policy details I mentioned... :)

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Suppose it's a secret. Maybe he will discuss an actual plan.

He certainly wouldn't be the first politician to open his mouth before having one.

And now it's you who have "completely glossed over" the tax policy details I mentioned... :)
Those are not tax policies. Unless the Republicans put pen to paper and write something down, there are no tax policies to be discussed. I have no interest in discussing hypothetical policies with you.

Max_Polo

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Those are not tax policies. Unless the Republicans put pen to paper and write something down, there are no tax policies to be discussed. I have no interest in discussing hypothetical policies with you.

Because you'd rather criticize something than engage constructively, I get that.

Is it fun to be so negative about so many people and so many things? That, I don't get.

Reactions: Mr Ed in Mass

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Because you'd rather criticize something than engage constructively, I get that.

Is it fun to be so negative about so many people and so many things? That, I don't get.
No it is not fun resisting the Trump agenda.

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Freedom Caucus Demands Tax Details From Republican Leaders

Leaders of the conservative House Freedom Caucus are frustrated that Republican leaders haven’t yet released details of their tax overhaul plans, saying they’re concerned that time is running out to deliver on their promise of a revamp.

“At some point you’re going to have to call the play. You’re going to have to get specific,” Representative Mark Meadows, the caucus chairman, said Thursday at a Bloomberg News breakfast. “We can’t answer it if we don’t know what the details are. It’s time to make some decisions and get on with it.”

Meadows said that with a new Dec. 8 deadline to avert a government shutdown and debt default under a deal President Donald Trump struck with congressional leaders on Wednesday, “tax reform needs to happen by Thanksgiving” or it risks failure. “The enemy is time. And time is never defeated.”

The frustrations come as the White House and Republican leaders say they remain hopeful that a comprehensive rewrite of the tax code will pass and get signed into law by the end of 2017. But there’s no legislative text yet, nor are there answers to basic questions such as what individual or corporate tax rates will be, let alone more difficult ones such as if and how the tax cuts will be paid for.

“Hope is not a plan. Will someone tell me what the plan is for tax reform?” said Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio, a caucus co-founder. He said Republicans haven’t received guidance on where tax rates will be set or on tax benefits for businesses such as expensing.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-organic&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

BULLDOG00

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

The leader the alt-left, Industrialsize, hasn't made a position statement. I assume he is in favor of high taxes so we can pay for sex changes for endangered turtles or some other nonsense. Industrialsize, as the leader the alt-left on LPSG, what tax reforms would you like to see made by the Trump Administration?

Reactions: The Meat Rod Cometh

Industrialsize

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
GOP lawmakers jittery over lack of tax reform details
'This time around there is no room for error. This has got to be a home run,' says one House R
Congressional Republicans came back to Washington ready and eager to work on tax reform, but they’re still missing one thing: a plan.

That’s triggered frustration among rank-and-file lawmakers who feel pressure from President Donald Trump to pass a tax reform bill but have seen no plans and worry they’ll be backed into a corner on legislation they haven’t even seen, much like they were with the failed Obamacare repeal earlier this summer.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/12/republicans-tax-reform-jitters-trump-242568

chrisrobin

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
in true trumper style he will let others write the reforms and if they work will take the credit along the lines of Obama wouldn't have had the guts to do reforms like this.
if they fail then he can blame the house and all those whom still carry the Obama faith and blame them for dooming the usa.
so for trumper its a win win situation

Oh, by the way, its not that he is campaigning for tax reforms as much as campaigning for a second term - even Christ didn't get a second coming!

D

deleted15807

You know when Lyin Ryan is smiling it means the rich are about to be rewarded for being big donors and the poor are going to pay for it in blood, sweat and tears. Remind us again how Trump is the populist and working for the common man. Textbook Republican with a dash of facism thrown and a big scoop of stunning incompetence thrown in.

White House, Republican leaders plan to reveal tax cut details in two weeks

upload_2017-9-13_13-17-54.png