Truth about boob jobs

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by osprey1987, Apr 24, 2011.

1. osprey1987

osprey1987 Member

If a woman want's to ensure her operation won't be botched, how much would she have to pay? (This is isn't an invitation to spam.)

Divide this number by 10 (10 years before replacement) and how many women can actually afford a safe-boob job?

How much did anyone here pay and what percent go wrong?

2. molotovmuffin

Gold Member

3. mattsrod7

Gold Member

Albums:
    i've talked to some of my friends and they are willing to pay it.

4. phonehome

phonehome Active Member

There is really no correlation between cost and quality when it comes to boob jobs.

There are DR.s that charge and arm and a legg and give at best average results.

On the other hand there are DR.s who don't really charge that much but make it up on volume, they almost nothing but boob jobs, 3 or 4 a day every day and because "practice makes perfect" they get really good results and because they have so many customers, satisfyed customers they get that many more referrals.

It is also not some hard and fast rule that implants must be replaced after a certain number of years. Saline implants will deflate due to valve failure but age is not the determing factor as to wheter or not that will happen. Silicone, the liquid and the gell do not have that problem.

At least half of the women that do have them replaced do it and within a few years because they want to go bigger and not due to any failure in the implant.

5. xX_Sarah_Xx

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I can't help but think this must be an American custom..?
    In Belgium, I know no women that have had their boobs "done". Not a single one. There are a few publicity figures that have had theirs altered (that was thrown into the tabloids, of course) but personally, I know none.

6. Snakebyte

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    A boob job is the worst thing a woman can ever do. Totally unattractive and ruins her natural beauty most of the time.
    Plus in 2010 two famous people died during such a surgery. Don't want to know how many not famous people died.

7. ConstantComment

ConstantComment New Member

Boob jobs are very popular in the UK. there are quite a few local celebrities who are famous in large part to their boob jobs and report on them quite often.

Since I am due for a mastectomy in the next couple of months, I will be getting breast reconstruction. Might as well make the best of it (in quality, not size).

8. fire77

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    My friend had it done, it cost her $5000 and the doctor did an excellent job on her, in fact she went back two years ago and had her boobs enlarged again. I am thinking of doing it maybe next year.

9. osprey1987

osprey1987 Member

Is the operation done by one doctor? I can't imagine other plastic surgery where the doctor's first time in charge leads to a half-assed job. Do co-pilots who become lead pilots make horrid landings first time around?

If people are saying that inexperienced doctors do bad jobs, there's no way every doctor can be experienced. If price doesn't relate to quality, what are these unnecessary costs people are paying for?

10. SR_chixdiggit

SR_chixdiggit New Member

So don't be shy, ladies! Tell me what you think of
    agreed! (except in the case of reconstructive surgery). i'd take real over fake any day. when it comes to boobs, SIZE DOES NOT MATTER.

11. SlamminSammy

SlamminSammy Well-Known Member

Albums:
    Implants are the greatest invention of our lifetime! If I had Bill Gates' money, I would give free boob jobs to every woman that wanted them!

Draft saved Draft deleted