Truth in Advertising

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi,

Last night I had a conversation with one of my friends at a party .She intrepidly has registered at five matchmaking services. She is a striking brunette, who is highly educated and has a great job. A dream come true? One would think so. However, she confided that she reduces her age by 5 years, only admits to a BA , and is non descript about her career in order to get the widest choice of possiblities. She said that previously the truth limited her exceedingly. I was surprised but further amazed that she complained that men on average upped their height, their income and their education. She was appalled. She said that on the first date she admits to the truth but that is after she has done the online preliminaries. What do you think?

Naughty

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I also have experienced the "first date confessionals" and I hate it! I tell the absolute truth about everything, and I completely expect it of my partners. If someone lies to get dates, they have no right at all to be appalled at meeting men who do the same thing. Shame on her, we women can do better.

soccerfanatic

Experimental Member
Media
Tbh, if a woman had lied on one of those services I'd be put off by it, even if the truth made her seem more appealing. I don't like people who lie about stuff, I'd always feel like i never knew the real them :(

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Footlong,

YOu may not be that far from the mark. So you will have to put them both on house arrest and come up with some adequate entertainment . I am sure you can think of something! LOL!

Naughty

Sorry ! This was a response to Madames post for Foot long! LOL! hahaha!

My response to this however is . She may win in the short term but it does leave a bad taste in the mouth.

Kazon: :angry: I agree with MZ & STM...The largest drawback to the internet are the fronters. I have wasted a lot of time & energy in hooking up with kats who are nothing like their photos or/and their discriptions & a few who were down right "tic, tic...boom" or "7:30". I once had to duff this kid out he was so spaced. It has made me so cautious that I will only approach an internet personality who has an extensive, long term internet presence with a high level of consistency. Though such extensive measures are not perfect, since applying them It has saved me a lot of time and energy.

The internet allows the extremely lonely and insecure to be someone that they are not...perhaps hopeing that the law of averages will kick in. As in enough meetings, someone is bound to say yes.. Who knows

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by Kazon@Jan 2 2005, 09:09 PM
:angry: I agree with MZ & STM...The largest drawback to the internet are the fronters. I have wasted a lot of time & energy in hooking up with kats who are nothing like their photos or/and their discriptions & a few who were down right "tic, tic...boom" or "7:30". I once had to duff this kid out. It has made me so cautious that I will only approach an internet personality who has an extensive, long term internet presence with a high level of consistency. Though such extensive measures are not perfect, since applying them It has saved me a lot of time and energy.

The internet allows the extremely lonely and insecure to be someone that they are not...perhaps hopeing that the law of averages will kick in. As in enough meetings, someone is bound to say yes.. Who knows
[post=271624]Quoted post[/post]​
That is what is fun at LPSG. No one is seriously trying to hook up with anyone. We are just having fun. It is adults having imaginary fun like kids. It is a release in itself. You can be anything and averything at the same time. If this site were really about trying to hook up with real people in the real world, I would be gone in a flash.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Uh Freddie,

Tell that to some individuals on the board who shall remain nameless. I think the internet is a crap shot as in real life .If someone is going to lie, they can do it IRL just as they can on the Net. The deal is that you have to "Keep hope alive! " LOL!

Naughty

Kazon: Freddie 53 & Naughty:

Whereas I agree with elements of your respective positions. I am not on LPSG to date. There are numerious places for that ( Though their is a member of LPSG that I may not mind getting to know better. ;) ) For me LPSG is for fun, to help & to learn a thing or to. Perhaps you subscribe to the notion that "The truth is for people with no imagination" :glare: ....Oy Gevalt! :unsure:

Androo: I guess I don't quite understand the need for the inflated image projection in the first place. Yeah the internet provides a certain comfortable anonimity, but we're all real people at the the other end of the line. How have we come to give more merit to an image or impression than we do to true reality? Is it just the drive to fit into the "in crowd," or the fear of being alone? Why do so many seem to fear or be ashamed of their own humanity? And in the end, a part of us has become conditioned to expect disappointment. It just sometimes seems that there are so few REAL people anymore.

I had at one time been involved with a guy who provided me with a new revelation at each successive meeting. Initially he gave the impression he was a nurse or doctor's assistant; then he said he was actually a hospital chaplain. Later he confessed that the real truth of the matter was that he was indeed a youth minister in a United Methodist Church and was afraid for being "outed". Last time I saw him, he revealed that he actually had a wife in his native country - she was by this time already involved with another man - and stated that he wanted to provide for her emigration to the US and perhaps have a couple kids by her as well. Gaaaahhhhdd! It was better than any reality tv show.

If I want drama like that again, I'll rent a copy of "Mommie Dearest."

Love to all

Kazon:
Originally posted by Androo@Jan 3 2005, 11:26 AM
   I guess I don't quite understand the need for the  inflated image projection in the first place.  Yeah the internet provides a certain comfortable anonimity, but we're all real people at the the other end of the line.  How have we come to give more merit to an image or impression than we do to true reality?  Is it just the drive to fit into the "in crowd," or the fear of being alone?  Why do so many seem to fear or be ashamed of their own humanity?  And in the end, a part of us has become conditioned to expect disappointment.  It just sometimes seems that there are so few REAL people anymore.

I had at one time been involved with a guy who provided me with a new revelation at each successive meeting.  Initially he gave the impression he was a nurse or doctor's assistant; then he said he was actually a hospital chaplain.  Later he confessed that the real truth of the matter was that he was indeed a youth minister in a United Methodist Church and was afraid for being "outed".  Last time I saw him, he revealed that he actually had a wife in his native country - she was by this time already involved with another man - and stated that he wanted to provide for her emigration to the US and perhaps have a couple kids by her as well.  Gaaaahhhhdd!  It was better than any reality tv show.

If I want drama like that again, I'll rent a copy of "Mommie Dearest."

Love to all

[post=271700]Quoted post[/post]​

Androo:

SO TRUE! I am in a profession where perception can & does make people loose a lot of money. Though I love what I do for a living ( I make it so people realize the Americian dream.) I hate the BS associated with the " Perception " of it all. At least the " Perception" of the media requires minimal effort, though blame largely falls upon them.....please, as if a BMW really would increase ones selfesteem :wacko: OY Gevalt!

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Originally posted by Kazon@Jan 3 2005, 07:55 AM
Freddie 53 & Naughty:

Whereas I agree with elements of your respective positions. I am not on LPSG to date. There are numerious places for that ( Though their is a member of LPSG that I may not mind getting to know better. ;) ) For me LPSG is for fun, to help & to learn a thing or to. Perhaps you subscribe to the notion that "The truth is for people with no imagination" :glare: ....Oy Gevalt! :unsure:
[post=271687]Quoted post[/post]​
I am really replying to several posts on this thread. I didn't mean that it was ok to completely lie on the lgsg forum. For instance, there is no need to tell anything but your correct lengths and girths, (men( or just don't tell them at all.

I was refering primarily things like the hilarious stories like DMW, Ashlar, Zora, Herble and many others including myself have had going like the party under the bridge, kidnaping people by plane, dropping off unwanted people in Antarctica, big orgies in various places with various people and on and on. We have people blindfolded. gays having sex with straights and on and on. It is slap stick pure and simple. A bunch of artistic people having fun. I don't see how a person with any intelligience would not spot is as a spoof on life.

My point was that we can have fun here without feeling like we have made a commitment to someone. Sure, everynow and then, it happens but those poeple end of realy having their fun not here on the forum LOL.

But no, people here should when they are in a situation where honoesty is called for should be honest. On our profiles, the information is optional. So a person should tell the truth or leave it blank. There shouldn't be any misrepresentattion of who you are and your age. Keep real name and location a secret yes.

Some were posting about meeint people for real and dating them for real. And later a post tells about a person telling one story and changing it each date. Not a good situation. But that has very litle to do with what I was talking about. I think we were talking about whole different situations here.

Hope that cleared it up.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Hi Freddie,

I really liked your response. I suppose I was saying that there are a number of individuals who come here for hookups. I have encountered some myself.There is nothing inately wrong with it, but know what to expect. I too have great fun here and have had an opportunity to explore sides of my personality that i do not usually show to in my everyday life. I have met a number of people with whom I have become friends .Some I have actually met in real time. I started this thread because I was amazed that my friend didnt see any correlation between her tweeking and the men's similar stretching of the truth. I think it goes back to that unfortunate and all too frequent attitude of "I'm OK,but you better be damn near perfect!"

Naughty

Pene_Negro_Grande

Experimental Member
Media
Totalling agree w/telling the truth when it comes to online dating...Because if you are serious and really want to meet someone - what do you think is going to happen when your actually meet the person...They will know you are a fake...But I personally have had a pretty good experience the one time I tried internet dating as a joke w/some friends...I actually met a cool girl and we dated for about a year...But we were honest on our profiles and in our conversations before we actually met...

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It sounds like your friend is dealing with a touch of two faced attitude there, Naughty. You say she amends her profile in these dating services, and thinks nothing of it, yet, if a man does the same thing, and embellishes his profile, then it's like a capital crime.

I, in all honesty never amend anything when I sign up for those dating services.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by jonb@Jan 4 2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, if the relationship's worth anything, the truth will come out eventually.
[post=271836]Quoted post[/post]​

Agreed. And the person you are starting to have feelings for may deeply resent having been lied to. I would get out immediately if that happened to me. If someone will lie once, they'll do it again. Lying in any form is a mark of someone to avoid. If I can't attract partners by being myself, I'd rather be alone. Come to think of it, I better amend my profile now that I'm 42!

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by madame_zora+Jan 4 2005, 02:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madame_zora &#064; Jan 4 2005, 02:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jonb@Jan 4 2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, if the relationship&#39;s worth anything, the truth will come out eventually.

Agreed. And the person you are starting to have feelings for may deeply resent having been lied to. I would get out immediately if that happened to me. If someone will lie once, they&#39;ll do it again. Lying in any form is a mark of someone to avoid. If I can&#39;t attract partners by being myself, I&#39;d rather be alone. Come to think of it, I better amend my profile now that I&#39;m 42&#33;
[post=271859]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Well stated, Zora&#33; Lying once will only open the door for one to lie again. It is like a cancer that spreads until eventually the lie has eaten up everything that was good or could have been good.

What you see is what you get with me.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by bblumbee+Jan 4 2005, 05:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bblumbee &#064; Jan 4 2005, 05:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by madame_zora@Jan 4 2005, 02:44 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-jonb
@Jan 4 2005, 01:55 AM
Yeah, if the relationship&#39;s worth anything, the truth will come out eventually.

Agreed. And the person you are starting to have feelings for may deeply resent having been lied to. I would get out immediately if that happened to me. If someone will lie once, they&#39;ll do it again. Lying in any form is a mark of someone to avoid. If I can&#39;t attract partners by being myself, I&#39;d rather be alone. Come to think of it, I better amend my profile now that I&#39;m 42&#33;
[post=271859]Quoted post[/post]​

Well stated, Zora&#33; Lying once will only open the door for one to lie again. It is like a cancer that spreads until eventually the lie has eaten up everything that was good or could have been good.

What you see is what you get with me.

Well, what I see in an incredibly pretty person with a very beautiful heart. BB, you&#39;re so cool&#33;

mr. randy, I may be a loudmouth, but I do have some principles. At least people should know that I believe the stupid shit I say.
[post=272017]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Dr. Bubbles

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you, Zora&#33; You are way to kind and sweet... and my lpsg mentor&#33;

Oh, and Zora, ignore stupid people. Obviously we see where their principles are&#33;