Trying to get with this girl

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ok here's the story. I go to this restaurant and the manager there is young, around my age which is 25, good looking, and we've been flirting a lot and FINALLY I got up the courage to ask for her number on Thursday. And guess what? I got it! Ok, phase one complete.

I give her a call on Friday morning, the answering service picks up and I leave a message. No big deal, she did say something like don't bother calling her because I know where she works and we can just go out someplace once they close. I go back to the restaurant on Friday and I see her and we chat a little and I end up getting a free drink from her, which is cool. Then as they close I ask her if she wants to go get a drink afterwords and she says, "I can't, I'll probably be here a while." Being my typical assume-the-worst self, I figure she's not interested.

So anyway I go home and go to bed around 11:30 and then I get a text message at 1am from her! She says that she just got off of work. We make small talk for a few messages and then she says "I'll call you when I'm going out. Sweet dreams, I'll c u soon!" This just gets me pumped! So hopefully tonight after she closes the restaurant she'll call me and we'll go out, right? She seems pretty into me, but I usually interpret what women say very badly. Any thoughts? I was bugging my roommate to death on this matter (he usually goes with me and knows the whole story) so I thought I'd ask you guys.

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ok she didn't call last night. I tried to coax her a little by sending a text, but still nothing. I'm also afraid of coming on too strong and scaring her away. That's happened before. Or maybe she was just really tired last night? Whatever, she has my number.

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Patience is a virtue. She might have gotten cold feet or she might have been tired (which I think was the case). Just take things easy and don't coax her too much or she might think that you're too pushy and forcefull. When you go back to the restuarant as normal just comment to her that you enjoyed her company the last time and had fun plus you would like to take her out again if she's not too busy.

Pay her compliments.

Hugh G. Rection

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You sound WAY too worried. This is a huge turn off for women. Just be nice, but keep the communication at a minimum to keep her curious and wanting. I have seen many guys fuck up potential dates because they neurotically call them back for days.

ssongs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Ok an update! I left her alone for a while, she even sent me a message on Tuesday night and ignored it, because two can play at that game. Then tonight I went to the restaurant and saw her. She was on her way out to go to a class, but she commented on how nice I looked (I did buy some stylish, new clothes) and was touching me on the back and hands. That's a pretty good sign I'd say. Then I said that when she's done with her class she should give me a call and we can hang out some and she said she would! But we'll see. According to the other girls at the restaurant she can be kind of flaky. If she doesn't call tonight I'm going to stop wasting my time. Wish me luck and thanks for the advice!

Brian