Trying to help a friend.

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Quite Irate, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    I have a (french) friend who has a major problem with sweating. He says he doesn't produce much body (armpits, etc.) sweat, but his face is almost always sweaty in anything but cool rooms. He is heavier than he should be, but not that bad. He kind of had a breakdown last week. He said he's tried anything he could think of or heard of, but nothing worked. He was really upset because he nearly got a big potential breakthrough stage acting role, but once they realized he was going to sweat like that they found someone else. I feel really bad for him - one, because he's my friend, and two, because he's really talented but can't get anything out of it just because he's unlucky enough to have screwy bodily functions. Can anyone recommend anything? I'll pass it on to him if you do.

2. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

Tell your friend go see a doctor. Axiety can do some really harmfull things to a person. There are meds and therapy that do wonders. You are a good friend for asking how to help your friend. Get them to a doctor

3. palmit

palmit Member

I heard botox injected into sweat glands can reduce or eliminate the sweat produced, but I was told this for palms and armpits, although it could work on the face.

4. Quite Irate

Quite Irate Member

Albums:
    He's already on meds that are supposed to help. Guess they're not doing much.

5. Mr. Snakey

Gold Member

A person with anxiety or depression can through 10 different meds before they find one that works. Dont give up hope. You being a good listener is better than any med from the doctor

6. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

There is a disorder called Hyperhidosis that is basically excessive sweating, but it generally involves the whole body. Other than that being an option, I really don't know!

7. sdg475

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think I read somewhere that they can effectively botox sweat glands, dunno try one of the online diagnosis/solution forums.

Draft saved Draft deleted