Tsvangirai involved in fatal ... accident

Discussion in 'Politics' started by dong20, Mar 7, 2009.

1. dong20

Gold Member

Condolences to Morgan for the loss of his wife. Susan was a total contrast to Grace Mugabe - in being a decent person who largely eschewed public attention. I'm sure Morgan is distraugt.

I heard about this yesterday. How sweet of Uncle Bob... or perhaps he was trying to find a way to finish the job ...?

After initial [but largely unofficial] allegations - the MDC have stated they don't believe foul play was involved. From first hand experience I know Zimbawe's roads can be lethal, including the section where the incident occurred (it's full of holes - trucks weave all over the road - drivers are drunk/asleep/incompetent vehicles have no lights etc). In this case it's believed the [U.S aid] truck driver admitted being asleep at the wheel. In addition, based on [my] experience it's unlikely any were wearing seatbelts.

However, unsurprisingly there are reports of 'suspicious' circumstances around the incident - 'blown' tyres/'faulty' axles/'obstacles' on the road/cameras being 'confiscated' by police etc' ... the convenient and immediate confession by the truck driver (not usual in my experience).

Tsvangirai was driving his own vehicle (a Land Cruiser) which was the middle vehicle of three and the only one hit - causing it to overturn. Mugabe has a record for arranging 'death by vehicle' and Tsvangirai had publicly stated his fear of assassination.

Of course, true or not - none of this suspision comes as any surprise and many willl assign blame to Bob regardless. He's certainly done enough to warrant it. It's possible he wasn't behind this, if recent events are any guide it's likely Bob no longer has complete control of PF so such action [if there was such action] could have undertaken by rogue elements within PF.

Personally, right now - in view of the sketchy evidence, I'm undecided.

#1 dong20, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  2. swordfishME

swordfishME Member

I just can't see this as being just an accident. I am sure someone was involved- be it Mugabe, the CIA, Mossad etc. etc. etc.

3. dong20

Gold Member

Mugabe (or more likely elements within PF) perhaps, such actions are not without precedent. But the CIA or Mossad - on what is that hypothesis based?

4. D_Gunther Snotpole

D_Gunther Snotpole Account Disabled

And why would the Americans or the Israelis want Tsvangirai out of the picture?

5. dong20

Gold Member

In a very real sense, Tsvangirai is probably more valuable to Bob alive than dead; Tsvangirai 'legitmises' and cements Mugabe's position. Even so, I seriously doubt the instabilty [and Mugabe's potential - but highly unlikely downfall] that may result is sufficient motivation for the US (or Israel???) to assassinate him. Besides, the consequences of being exposed would render such an action too risky.

I can imagine Beijing (or Pyongyang) prefering Mugabe at the helm (unlike Mugabe, Tsvangirai looks to the west) - but prefering enough to kill to keep him there? I seriously doubt that.

Besides, Tsvangirai's accidental death would likely have no more than a symbolic effect on the actual balance of power which is already in Mugabe's hands, so what's their motivation?

#5 dong20, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  6. dong20

Gold Member

As if to rub salt in a still open wound, Tsangirai's young (he was four) grandson died in an accidental drowning at the weekend. Young children drown this way (in a swimming pool) everyday of course, but ...

7. midlifebear

Gold Member

Just because it could be a conspiracy doesn't mean that it isn't a conspiracy.

8. dong20

Gold Member

Sorry I think you may have misuderstood, that wasn't what I was suggesting. Although I suppose given the context it could be read that way.

I was meaning that Tsangirai must be feeling 'besieged', emotionally and physically.

I have tried to edit comment to clarify but it's timed out.

9. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    Always look to the US first...then the Jews. Or vice versa, either will work.

Maybe the car had it's brakes done at Teddy Kennedy's family shop. Just sayin'.

10. dong20

Gold Member

Alternatively, you could attempt to answer the question.

Draft saved Draft deleted