Tupac

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this generation's? he died over 11 years ago? so i ask you, what impact did james dean have on the generation that came of age in 67-68?

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
gahhh mister technical up there....

anywayz

to answer ur thread no....in 50 years tupac will not be as big as Dean still is

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah but that applies to at least a 100 prominent people a generation. james dean was a talented actor, and 2pac was an ok rapper with a talent for mixing the political and spiritual with the gritty until the whole was larger than the sum of its parts. he is closer to being the woody guthrie of hip hop.

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i have no idea who this woody guthrie is therefore................i have no arguement haha

but yea seriously in the year 2045....will pictures of tupac and memorbilla still be around and circulating and overflowing in ebay....? id bet no...but who knos?

JC8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
yeah but that applies to at least a 100 prominent people a generation. james dean was a talented actor, and 2pac was an ok rapper with a talent for mixing the political and spiritual with the gritty until the whole was larger than the sum of its parts. he is closer to being the woody guthrie of hip hop.

I'm inclined to actually agree with that assessment, though with the exception that his appeal is/was broader than Guthrie.

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
his appeal is broader because e died more recently, and the media available to him was a lot greater. but come on, guthrie's entire collection is the property of the library of congress now.

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
theres no doubt or question he wasnt awesome...I completely agree....he totally rejolted the hiphop world....BUT! the question in hand is does he have the staying power and is he a legendary icon.......as in will his work and face last forever

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
he was very much a man of his times and the events that were erupting in LA in the late 80s early 90s. for that he will always be a part of the national conciousness. would you say richard wright's work is diminished because it no longer describes the day to day lives of african americans in 2000?

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
tshirts means nothing..i was using it as an example...an impact is based upon work and thoughts...all tshirts have to do with anything is staying power....

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
rather he'll be in the "national conscience" or not is not what im talking about....will tupacs work still be as mainstream and popular then as deans is today...? u cant answer that and neither can i

BigDuder

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
i feel like we actually discussed things in this thread. and it made it to the 2nd page without "i bet his cock is yummy lol" being posted. today is a good day.

woogexx

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
you will never catch me saying I bet his cock is yummy

unless............

I am very very intoxicated.......even then......hmmmm yea prolly not