Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
MET – Turandot LIVE

11/07/2009

Giacomo Puccini
Turandot

Saturday, November 7, 2009 (1 PM ET / 10 AM PT)
Expected Running time: 3 hours, 25 minutes. 2 intermissions

The Ultimate Stage Spectacle - The Met: Live in HD on movie theatre screens nationally. The broadcast of Puccini’s opera Turandot will be presented live for only one day on Saturday, November 7, 2009 at 1 PM ET / 10 AM PT in select movie theatres.

Director Franco Zeffirelli’s breathtaking production of Puccini’s last opera is a favorite of the Met repertoire. Maria Guleghina plays the ruthless Chinese princess of the title, whose hatred of men is so strong that she has all suitors who can’t solve her riddles beheaded. Marcello Giordani sings Calàf, the unknown prince who eventually wins her love and whose solos include the famous “Nessun dorma.”

An encore presentation of this performance will be exhibited in select movie theatres on Wednesday, November 18, 2009 at 6:30 PM in all time zones.

Click below to see the nearest theater for you

Attachments

One of the few operas I can listen to straight through without needing to see a stage production to go with it.

The sets are supposed to be the most spectacular of any Met production (I haven't seen it yet). You can read the synopsis here but I warn you it has spoilers.