Turn LPSG.org Teal for May 11 - 13, 2012

Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hey Kids!

I am participating in the Relay For Life on May 11, 2012. As some of you that go to the chatroom now, I am a cancer fighter and I am in a current battle with Ovarian Cancer.

Ovarian Cancer has struck me twice. I won before, I'm gonna win again.

But most people aren't aware of Ovarian as they are of breast cancer because in October everyone goes Pink for the Ta-ta's! Well, unlike breast cancer, Ovarian is one of the hardest to catch of the female cancers because it whispers and it is often times the most misdiagnosed of the the cancers that attack only women.

So far we have lost great talents to this illness, Gilda Radner, Dorothy Brunson, and so many others. But there are those who have fought and won against this illness like Oscar winner Kathy Bates.

I would love to see everyone at least put a ribbon somewhere on your profile or use teal in the chat room the weekend of May 11 - 13. Let's honor more of the female body other than just the Ta-ta's!

kmere44549

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
yes it very hard to imagine that. but everyone cries for the breast exam. i'am just glad that you are fighting back. some give up. lots have no clue as you pointed out.

i wish you luck in the race as well.

VernalTiger

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thank you for doing this! It's always disappointed me that breast cancer gets all the attention and funding (boobs are glamorous, I guess). More money needs to go into research, especially to find a simple diagnosis technique. The women in my family have all had lady-troubles, so I'm a bit concerned that I can be next. I've got your back, SHP!

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Happy to oblige. In womens Issues our friend MR is another who has fought back and won. I also have an aunt and an editing client who are survivors.

I decided to start early :tongue:

Last edited:

D_Kitten_Kaboodle

Account Disabled
Media
Hey Kids!

I am participating in the Relay For Life on May 11, 2012. As some of you that go to the chatroom now, I am a cancer fighter and I am in a current battle with Ovarian Cancer.

But most people aren't aware of Ovarian as they are of breast cancer because in October everyone goes Pink for the Ta-ta's! Well, unlike breast cancer, Ovarian is one of the hardest to catch of the female cancers because it whispers and it is often times the most misdiagnosed of the the cancers that attack only women.

So far we have lost great talents to this illness, Gilda Radner, Dorothy Brunson, and so many others. But there are those who have fought and won against this illness like Oscar winner Kathy Bates.

I would love to see everyone at least put a ribbon somewhere on your profile or use teal in the chat room the weekend of May 11 - 13. Let's honor more of the female body other than just the Ta-ta's!

Two things, honey...

1. Hey "KIDS"? sorry ... just struck a wrong chord with me... :frown1:
2. Teal for May? This is February... Remind us again end of April... is a good awareness opportunity. :smile:

So February is Heart Health Month.... Can we all Go RED for the remainder of this month?? :wink:

Thnx... and I did read your post, found it informative and thank you for sharing ... :tongue::biggrin1::tongue:

Sorry, but I don't read comic sans.

Hilarious.... considering your avatar and all

Channelwood

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I wasn't aware of this, but glad that you mentioned it here.

My college girlfriend, with whom I've stayed in touch over the many, many years since then, has just successfully come through her second bout with ovarian cancer. I completely sympathize with you and the awful effects of OC and wish you the very best with your recovery.

I'll start shopping for a teal tie tomorrow!

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Hey Kids!

Best of everything in your fight against ovarian cancer and in the cancer relay in May.
Two things, honey...

1. Hey "KIDS"? sorry ... just struck a wrong chord with me... :frown1:
2. Teal for May? This is February... Remind us again end of April... is a good awareness opportunity. :smile:

So February is Heart Health Month.... Can we all Go RED for the remainder of this month?? :wink:
Red is a nice color.

I did some research and learned that the weekend in May is filled with relays all over the country and benefits research for all forms of cancer, not just the ovarian so it has meaning for all cancer fighters and survivors.

Last but not least keep SEPTEMBER in your minds everybody for going entirely TEAL since SEPTEMBER is OVARIAN CANCER AWARENESS MONTH

National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month | Ovarian Cancer National Alliance