Turn off the damn football!!!!

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love watching hockey games in person! Especially the fights!!! I miss the San Diego Gulls! I root for the Ducks now.

We could all go together :)

I haven't seen the Ducks play, I've seen the Trashers and the Canadians and the Canes so far. I'm hooked, Hockey is my crack! Nothing beats a Hockey game in person, the last time I went I bought front row seats which I actually decided I didn't like quiet as much as a few rows back. When the puck slaps the glass it scares me when I'm right on top of it. Though they always ended up fighting by the glass where I was sitting. It's hard to stay still when I'm there because I feel the need to get up and scream:biggrin1:

blutrane

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know, SG83, hockey gets me hot too. :D

Finally! Somebody who understands. There's nothing like the feeling of finding that low center of gravity and bearing down on the ice at full speed. Football is a bullshit sport. Hockey goes WAY harder. It's faster, more intricate, and there's no stopping every 5 goddamn minutes. It's a sport that you actually have to keep up with. The only sport in my opinion that actually goes harder is Rugby. And there are my biases.

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
100%..? they don't make many women like you........

No exaggeration there on the 100%...you shoulda seen me last night watching my Buckeyes game. I'm EXTREMELY passionate about my team. And I CARE and its not just a game to me.

I can provide references. LOL. I've had a guy that I've dated complain about my football watching and I told him you knew I loved football before we met...so if you had a problem with it, you shouldn't have asked me out. We're no longer dating. Plus he couldn't keep up in bed!

Last edited:

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Damn, never realised so many ladies here like hockey and the fighting and all the rough stuff that goes with the sport, thats pretty cool actually! I gotta ask though out of curiousity what about boxing ladies? Do you enjoy watching a good action filled fight too?

Living in Montreal hockey is a friggin` religion over here, but I gotta say nothing beats the electric atmosphere of the Bell Centre filled to capacity during playoff hockey games or when a big boxing event is about to take place, it sends a chill right down your spine really.

You girls rock!!

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Damn, never realised so many ladies here like hockey and the fighting and all the rough stuff that goes with the sport, thats pretty cool actually! I gotta ask though out of curiousity what about boxing ladies? Do you enjoy watching a good action filled fight too?

Living in Montreal hockey is a friggin` religion over here, but I gotta say nothing beats the electric atmosphere of the Bell Centre filled to capacity during playoff hockey games or when a big boxing event is about to take place, it sends a chill right down your spine really.

You girls rock!!

Hmmmm. On fighting...I'll watch it only if at a party or something like that. I don't crave it. I'd never pay per view it. I just saw The Fighter and it made me all squinty when my boyfriend Marky Mark got punched.

On the other hand I do have Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket. And I love it!!!!!!

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay

You girls rock!!
Hell a Rangers game has some of the hottest girls in the city. Known that for years.

hud01

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
We could all go together :)

I haven't seen the Ducks play, I've seen the Trashers and the Canadians and the Canes so far. I'm hooked, Hockey is my crack! Nothing beats a Hockey game in person, the last time I went I bought front row seats which I actually decided I didn't like quiet as much as a few rows back. When the puck slaps the glass it scares me when I'm right on top of it. Though they always ended up fighting by the glass where I was sitting. It's hard to stay still when I'm there because I feel the need to get up and scream:biggrin1:
Not trying to be a dick, just to keep Montreal fans from giving you crap, it is Canadiens because it is in French.

The Thrashers couldn't care less, horrible name :tongue:

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Okay, where the heck were all of you when I was still available back in college :biggrin1:? My wife could barely stand to attend my games.

To the OP, you need to establish some reasonable boundaries. His football habits are interfering with your relationship so something needs to be worked out.

I'd argue that one game a weekend is reasonable with two or so "special" days a year dedicated to nothing but football. During his football time leave him alone, period. That's his time. If there's a game that he wants to watch on a weekday then he has the option of switching out his weekend game.

That sounds like a reasonable compromise to me, but the two of you will have to work out what works for you.

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Seriously, I don't think we are ever going to have sex because there is SOME kind of football on.

The first time I went to his house I almost DIED! The entire basement is a fucking Bear Bryant memorial! Every shape, color, and form of Alabama contraband you could imagine is in there! I felt sick!
(I'm an Auburn fan)

I really believe this is the type of man who would rather watch football than get some head.

War Damn Eagle! I feel you on the Alabama contraband. Up here in the Shoals, I'd say 60-75% of the people are for U of A (not to mention 90% of my friends) so I'm constantly bombarded by Alabama attire/mementos/etc. I'm so sick of seeing crimson red and fucking houndstooth!

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I agree. Between ps, wii and football. When Wisconsin lost the rose bowl it was like someone died. I swear he acts like he is on the team. I try to ask questions like I'm interested but it's sooooo boring. The best part is the commercials.

HiddenLacey

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Not trying to be a dick, just to keep Montreal fans from giving you crap, it is Canadiens because it is in French.

The Thrashers couldn't care less, horrible name :tongue:

The "Trashers" was on purpose:tongue: However, I simply misspelled Canadiens. I shall never win a spelling Bee:rolleyes: *shruggs*

Thank you for pointing out my errors!

NumberTwentySix

Just Browsing
Media
To those who complain about a lover watching too much football, buy a tivo. You can then record the games, watch them an hour delayed, and breeze through the commercials that make a 1 hour game last four-and-a-half hours. The remaining time you can spend entertaining one another. Try for an orgasm for every home TD or interception.

marriedasian

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
i never understood getting all excited over a game you have no control over?

i do enjoy watching a game or two but no teams in particular; all the while admiring how the NFL has capitalized so immensely well on a bunch of guys throwing and catching a ball back and forth. when it comes down to the nitty-gritty, football is a business.

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I agree. Between ps, wii and football. When Wisconsin lost the rose bowl it was like someone died. I swear he acts like he is on the team. I try to ask questions like I'm interested but it's sooooo boring. The best part is the commercials.

I wouldn't bother if I were you. Don't feign interest in HIS things if you genuinely have no interest. Believe it or not, succesful couples don't have to spend ALL their time together and share all their interests. Time apart is quite healthy and shows respect for one another.

I'm willing to bet he may have picked up on your lack of interest and he may resent it to a certain degree. I suggest that you let him watch his game and then ask him afterwards who won, and ask about some stats, and then ask him if anything memorable happened. That way you can show some interest and he can share his emotional stake in it, without you having to sit through something you have no interest in.

Also, please remember your boredom and lack of understanding of the importance to him, the next time you drag him out to go shopping and he rolls his eyes at you trying on your 14th pair of shoes.