Turn off the damn football!!!!

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

I have always been perplexed by this, myself.

Nothing in the world, absolutely nothing, matters less than what some other guy can do with a ball.

I understand perfectly wanting to go out and play some sport...
But sitting on your ass watching other people play?

Its like sitting on your ass and watching other people exercise...

I bicycle, hike and rock climb.
But you could not pay me to watch sports on TV... what an utter waste of precious time.

Jillang

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wouldn't bother if I were you. Don't feign interest in HIS things if you genuinely have no interest. Believe it or not, succesful couples don't have to spend ALL their time together and share all their interests. Time apart is quite healthy and shows respect for one another.

I'm willing to bet he may have picked up on your lack of interest and he may resent it to a certain degree. I suggest that you let him watch his game and then ask him afterwards who won, and ask about some stats, and then ask him if anything memorable happened. That way you can show some interest and he can share his emotional stake in it, without you having to sit through something you have no interest in.

Also, please remember your boredom and lack of understanding of the importance to him, the next time you drag him out to go shopping and he rolls his eyes at you trying on your 14th pair of shoes.

You dont have to sound like a jerk. I don't really try to pretend to be interested. I AM interested in things he does. I admit I do get bored but I like to spend time with him.
I never take him shopping, I wouldn't want him to shop unless it was for something he wanted anyway.

joeym

Experimental Member
Media
Seriously, I don't think we are ever going to have sex because there is SOME kind of football on.

The first time I went to his house I almost DIED! The entire basement is a fucking Bear Bryant memorial! Every shape, color, and form of Alabama contraband you could imagine is in there! I felt sick!
(I'm an Auburn fan)

I really believe this is the type of man who would rather watch football than get some head.
Why can't he do both??

EllieP

Worshipped Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In our house it would be my husband who's not into football. I was born and raised in Austin so University of Texas (Hook 'em!) was as close to a religion as I'll attest to. Love the Dallas Cowboys, hate the Tennessee Titties for leaving town. I'm sort of meh toward the Houston Texans. I guess I'm partial to the Saints because their a neighbor; that and the fact that they beat the crap out of us last time, but we got them time before!

OK, I'm not really a big football fan; I just follow some teams. But I do love to watch and scream and cry and cuss like a sailor! LOL! Sometimes Cap gets into it, too, but that's kind of rare. He'll usually be off in his studio while I'm screaming my guts out in the living room. His studio is supposed to be soundproof, but he claims he still hears me! LOL!

Yep, he's a football widower. Oh, and Bama? Yeah, I would be upset, too!

Attila the Hung

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hmmmm. On fighting...I'll watch it only if at a party or something like that. I don't crave it. I'd never pay per view it. I just saw The Fighter and it made me all squinty when my boyfriend Marky Mark got punched.

On the other hand I do have Directv's NFL Sunday Ticket. And I love it!!!!!!

I see, thanks for sharing red44. Mind you I never pay for PPVs either, its simply not worth it at the price they charge these days and more often than not the event fails to deliver as well. I`ve gotten my GF into boxing but she only enjoys the fights I have in my collection (6 000+) because they are entertaining and action filled, whereas most of what she watches with me on TV bores her and me too for that matter as todays crop of fighters are dire to watch for the most part, its pathetic really.

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
No exaggeration there on the 100%...you shoulda seen me last night watching my Buckeyes game. I'm EXTREMELY passionate about my team. And I CARE and its not just a game to me.

I can provide references. LOL. I've had a guy that I've dated complain about my football watching and I told him you knew I loved football before we met...so if you had a problem with it, you shouldn't have asked me out. We're no longer dating. Plus he couldn't keep up in bed!

damn! and don't tell me...you drink beer as well?
and this guy didn't like the fact you were a football fan?
and he couldn't keep up with you in bed?
maaaaannn...with that ass you have..who needs a pre or a post game show,or half time,or ESPN? LOL!!!

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
damn! and don't tell me...you drink beer as well?
and this guy didn't like the fact you were a football fan?
and he couldn't keep up with you in bed?
maaaaannn...with that ass you have..who needs a pre or a post game show,or half time,or ESPN? LOL!!!

As a matter of fact, beer--good beer, hoppy, pale ale/reds/ambers-- is my alcohol of choice. Margaritas do rock tho!

And I'm 100% single. No boyfriend even...poor Red!

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
You dont have to sound like a jerk. I don't really try to pretend to be interested. I AM interested in things he does. I admit I do get bored but I like to spend time with him.
I never take him shopping, I wouldn't want him to shop unless it was for something he wanted anyway.

Sorry if I sounded like a jerk, but you needed a quick primer on how relationships REALLY work and your post showed your immaturity. I understand that you are relatively new at it, and I made some of the same stupid mistakes at your age (well, guy mistakes at any rate).

Spend time with him on things the TWO of you enjoy. If you spend time with him on things you don't enjoy and bore you, he WILL resent you for it. Count on it! He wants to enjoy his football. Having someone around who is bored and isn't enjoying what he is enjoying is a downer and will make you look clingy. Try the PS or Wii that you mentioned. Maybe if you learned to play football on the PS, you might garner more interest in the actual thing (who knows? and if you don't, no big deal). If the games he likes don't interest you, look for games that might interest you. The fact that you are looking for something the TWO of you can enjoy within his realm, ought to flatter him.

Lastly, the fact that he was depressed over the loss is a GOOD thing. It shows that he is capable of healthy emotional attachments. A lot of younger guys aren't emotionally mature enough for anything more than superficial emotional ties at that age. Haven't you ever had an emotional reaction to a movie or a book? Then imagine that it isn't just a book, but a series of them you've been reading for months or years and you can't wait for the next one. Then when you finally reach the climax of the series, the protagonist dies. Most women I know would have a profound emotional reaction to that. This is the same to him. He has, at least, one season, maybe an entire life's worth, of emotional attachement to HIS team. Yes, to you, it is just a stupid game, but to him, it is much, much more.

The fact the he expressed a mature emotion like depression is great (as opposed to something like anger and even violence, which is not uncommon amongst college aged (or sadly even older) males after the "big game" that ends in a loss, hence why riots tend to erupt after such games).

You may not understand this, but as the woman in the relationship it is your job to help nurture that emotional growth and help turn him into an emotionally healthy man (a process that takes years btw). For his sake, don't ever belittle his emotions like you did in the first post, even if it was relatively minor thing. And yes, I know that isn't what you intended.

latinluva

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My ex and I used to have sex during the game....I would watch it while she rode on top. She didn't mind and neither did I. And we would have sex later on also. I think some women are attention whores...........ya think! They don't want dick, they want attention.....all of it!

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
As a matter of fact, beer--good beer, hoppy, pale ale/reds/ambers-- is my alcohol of choice. Margaritas do rock tho!

And I'm 100% single. No boyfriend even...poor Red!

hold up..you like quality beer(you live in the land where anchor steam is brewed,wich is really hard to get here on the east coast)
and your single?(i looked at your pics) how does that happen?

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It's a measure of my affection for anyone that I allow them to intrude upon my Tri Nations ( Rugby Union)/State of Origin (Rugby League) matches.

Sit down, shut the fuck up and no I am NOT going to get up and get you another mother fucking beer and some more chips.

Sex while the game is on is out of the question...though I'm all for a victory roll if my team wins.

Last edited:

D_Barbi_Dahl

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
hold up..you like quality beer(you live in the land where anchor steam is brewed,wich is really hard to get here on the east coast)
and your single?(i looked at your pics) how does that happen?

I was married. I was miserable, so in the process of divorce. Almost finalized. At first I just wanted lots of Fun to make up for lost time. I have had fuck buddies. I have a had few short term relationships. I'm ready for a long term...but I won't settle ever again. Not looking for perfection, but I need chemistry, Attraction, sexual compatibility and life compatibilty. When you add in my preference for a guy who's hot, smart, funny and well endowed...that's hard to find.

B_subgirrl

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sex while the game is on is out of the question...though I'm all for a victory roll if my team wins.

Not even at half time :biggrin1: ?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of sports - not even State of Origin. Usually I just go and do 'me stuff' while they watch, and just make sure I pop back in during half time when I know I can grab their attention for a few minutes at least.

The Dragon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Not even at half time :biggrin1: ?

Personally, I'm not a big fan of sports - not even State of Origin. Usually I just go and do 'me stuff' while they watch, and just make sure I pop back in during half time when I know I can grab their attention for a few minutes at least.

Half time is for peeing.

Last edited:

D_Maurice Mountlilly

Account Disabled
Media
I was married. I was miserable, so in the process of divorce. Almost finalized. At first I just wanted lots of Fun to make up for lost time. I have had fuck buddies. I have a had few short term relationships. I'm ready for a long term...but I won't settle ever again. Not looking for perfection, but I need chemistry, Attraction, sexual compatibility and life compatibilty. When you add in my preference for a guy who's hot, smart, funny and well endowed...that's hard to find.

and out of the fuck buddies and short term relationships you couldn't find anyone to meet your needs?
i'm sorry to hear that.but you've got the right i dea about not settling..i learned the hard way about doing that myself(it cost me tens of thousands of dollars)

SprinkleMe69

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I watch all kinds of sports throughout the year. Baseball is my thing. Then football. Hockey as well. And the good old UFC. Fuck, I'm so busy watching sports, no wonder I don't get laid! hahahaha

Last edited: