turn your head away when you see a woman?

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
brief eye contact paired with a friendly smile has never gotten me smacked.

looking away might be perceived as disrespectful.

blaquehorse

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lucidbass, that is soo hilarious! I'm laughing so much, my belly hurts!
He is either old-fashioned or he meant something else.

D_Madam_Ovary

Account Disabled
Media
Ahhh this rings a (vague) bell! I just can't remember the specifics so take it with a pinch of salt...

I'm not sure if it was on TV or in real life (I know, I know huge difference!) but someone was discussing a place - I'm not sure if it was Wales or the Deep South (I know, I know huge difference!) where they would still come across the occasional man of the older generation who would not just turn away but completely ignore the women in their company. It wasn't meant to disrespect the women, but was supposed to be a sign of respect to the men of the family. I remember thinking it was pretty strange to still encounter this in the west...

God, I hope I never have to give evidence at a trial - my memory is crap!

Opalite

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've worked with few eastern european men (tattooists) that never shook the hand of a lady or look them in the eyes. If possible completely ignoring any lady in a conversation. It wasnt meant as a compliment though. Never got that. Or accepted it.

monel

Sexy Member
Media
my older brother seems have no intrest in men or women and likes to live alone.

Of all the sexual variations, preferences and predispositions, the one thing I could never understand is that person who seems to be utterly "asexual". It just seems very alien to me not to need some sexual outlet with another person.

MickeyLee

Mythical Member
Staff
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I've worked with few eastern european men (tattooists) that never shook the hand of a lady or look them in the eyes. If possible completely ignoring any lady in a conversation. It wasnt meant as a compliment though. Never got that. Or accepted it.

the up side? if they are ignoring you there is less of a chance of them dodging the first punch :biggrin:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
In many traditional cultures this is the norm. In my ex-husband's culture no male of his tribe was supposed to look me in the face because my husband was a traditional warrior. To do so was disrespect and they were sufficiently afraid of his fighting skills that they didn't risk it, even when he wasn't around, for fear I might complain to him.

Needless to say, it got old. I don't have much to do with my former in-laws if I can help it.

OP's brother sound like he's merely very timid.