Turned off by tattoos and piercings

warwithscars

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
well thanks for the input it was really just a curiousity i had, its not like i base wheter anyone esle likes my modifications or not before getting them but thank you anyway i like to get outside perspectives you know. its to bad for the people that judge a book by its cover though because some of us heavily moddified people or most of us anyway, not like the punks and shit though, are very very nice and intresting people once you get to know us, so i just say dont rely totally on if you are going to talk to someone just because they might have tattoos on there face or large stretched ears. :ph34r:

Ineligible

1st Like
Media
In a train I once found myself near a bloke who looked truly fearsome with his broken teeth as well as the tatts. He asked me a question, we got talking, and he turned out to be a very pleasant man. He was looking after his young daughter without the benefit of the mother, which isn't so common, and doing a very good job of it, it seemed.

When he got up, BTW, I couldn't help noticing that he would have been extremely eligible for this board.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For me, the one thing in excess that does not bother me is cock size... just kidding. Seriously, though, some piercings or tattoos in moderation are ok. In excess, I find them to be a serious turnoff. I also find excessive fragrance or jewelry to be unattractive. Some piercings just bother me, and even in moderation, I do not find them attractive. Those would include lip, eyebrow, tongue, and cock piercings. A PA may look alright, but I certainly do not want to have sex with one, and when they are removed, the scar is just really unattractive to me.

EDIT: It isn't that I want nothing to do with an inked or pierced person, I just simply do not find it physically/sexually attractive. I have many many many friends and acquantances with pounds and pounds of hardware, and barely a square inch of unaltered skin... just not my cup o' tea for sexual attractiveness.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DC_DEEP@Sep 16 2005, 08:24 AM
I just simply do not find it physically/sexually attractive....... just not my cup o' tea for sexual attractiveness.
[post=343772]Quoted post[/post]​

Crap.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Sep 16 2005, 06:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Sep 16 2005, 06:54 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP@Sep 16 2005, 08:24 AM
I just simply do not find it physically/sexually attractive....... just not my cup o&#39; tea for sexual attractiveness.

Crap.
[post=343891]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Huh???

Sabln7

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by mindseye+Sep 10 2005, 12:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mindseye &#064; Sep 10 2005, 12:58 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-warwithscars@Sep 9 2005, 07:46 PM
well to me scarification is the most pure form of body adornment. . .
[post=341903]Quoted post[/post]​

I&#39;ve got a scarification as well -- a stained-glass window design on my shoulder blade that I&#39;ve had for seven years now. I found the experience of getting scarred to be almost cathartic. It was painful, yes, but it was painful by conscious choice, and I was able to focus through it.

Also, the scarification tends to elicit more interesting reactions in other people. I definitely get more questions about my other body modifications than I do about the scarification, but the questions I get about that tend to be more thoughtful and insightful.
[post=341907]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

The numbers of tattooed and pierced young people are going to cause us to re-evaluate our stance on tattooing and piercing in the business world within the next few years. Most young folks have some of it, although many still keep it covered or hidden.

LuckyLuke

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by warwithscars@Sep 11 2005, 12:09 AM
well thanks for the input it was really just a curiousity i had, its not like i base wheter anyone esle likes my modifications or not before getting them but thank you anyway i like to get outside perspectives you know. its to bad for the people that judge a book by its cover though because some of us heavily moddified people or most of us anyway, not like the punks and shit though, are very very nice and intresting people once you get to know us, so i just say dont rely totally on if you are going to talk to someone just because they might have tattoos on there face or large stretched ears.  :ph34r:
[post=342160]Quoted post[/post]​
That may be true, but are you aware of the traditional anthropological or pyschological academic intrepretation of these things? They are referred to as &#39;ritual mutilations&#39; and may in many cases be considered evidence of some mental illness.

I&#39;m not espousing this view, merely stating it.

In this respect, people may not necessarily [mis]judging a book by its cover as you seem to be suggesting here.

Also, tatoos are also an associated &#39;social class marker&#39; with tatoos denoting a &#39;working class&#39; status and thus, in America - which prides itself on being egalitarian but in fact is very, very class conscious - you could be turning off a great many prospective marriage partners on this account alone.

Just my two cents worth.

warwithscars

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i was simply referring to the people that said they are afraid of people with tattoos and would cross the street if they saw one coming is all.

As far as ritual mutilation that is a term coined by people that cant grasp the concept that people would willing and freely do this to there body for a positive reason, anything people don&#39;t understand is giving a negative connotation.

I do in fact understand i have so to speak martyr myself in societies eyes and i expect and embrace that, i could care less if i lose the respect, admiration, or social consideration of someone because i chose to be heavily modified. To say tattoos though are a working class mark is extremely wrong though, tattoos and piercing cross all social divides. In china and japan for instance when tattoos started they were only allowed to be aquired by royals and Noble blood because of the beauty they entailed, Winston Churchill mother even had a tattoo on her wrist, i know politians, business men, doctors, teachers and even pastors and priests that have tattoos.

I do know its looked down upon by alot of people who think that people that get tattooed are criminals or low life to them i use sign language to tell them how i feel about that, you can use your imagination. If people don&#39;t like tattoos then they don&#39;t have to get them they dont have to discriminate against others for there god giving chose of expression, fucking shit.

(yes i use vulgarity quite alot and some would say that the way i speak and my chose of words contradicts my arguments well fuck you, i am still a good person regardless better then most of the people that judge me for being tattooed, if you want to know why you can ask)

sorry ranting stopping now

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by warwithscars@Sep 21 2005, 07:49 PM
i was simply referring to the people that said they are afraid of people with tattoos and would cross the street if they saw one coming is all.

As far as ritual mutilation that is a term coined by people that cant grasp the concept that people would willing and freely do this to there body for a positive reason, anything people don&#39;t understand is giving a negative connotation.

I do in fact understand i have so to speak martyr myself in societies eyes and i expect and embrace that, i could care less if i lose the respect, admiration, or social consideration of someone because i chose to be heavily modified. To say tattoos though are a working class mark is extremely wrong though, tattoos and piercing cross all social divides. In china and japan for instance when tattoos started they were only allowed to be aquired by royals and Noble blood because of the beauty they entailed, Winston Churchill mother even had a tattoo on her wrist, i know politians, business men, doctors, teachers and even pastors and priests that have tattoos.

I do know its looked down upon by alot of people who think that people that get tattooed are criminals or low life to them i use sign language to tell them how i feel about that, you can use your imagination. If people don&#39;t like tattoos then they don&#39;t have to get them they dont have to discriminate against others for there god giving chose of expression, fucking shit.

(yes i use vulgarity quite alot and some would say that the way i speak and my chose of words contradicts my arguments well fuck you, i am still a good person regardless better then most of the people that judge me for being tattooed, if you want to know why you can ask)

sorry ranting stopping now
[post=345414]Quoted post[/post]​

The majority of us here like you just the way you are&#33; :happy:

dancinfool

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
For me, one or two ear piercings and maybe a hidden tatoo dont bother me, but anything past that just turns me off.

Its not that I find it an indicator of a criminal or something. I just like natural bodies. Its the same reason why I only date people who dont smoke or do drugs. Not to assume that these two topics are connected, because they definately arent- its just something I avoid in potential boyfriends. I like my boys clean in every way ;)

but as far as i am concerned- if tatoos, piercings, plastic surgury, or ANYTHING make you happy and comfortable with who you are, then you should do it. the world would be depressing if we all looked the same anyway&#33;&#33;

warwithscars

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
and i totally understand everyone has there tastes and i am fine with that, i have my own tastes too, i am very specfic with what turns me on, all my rebutals have been only to day to day life thoughts not turned off or turned on comments, just so everyone is clear lol

and that leads me to another thing thank you for saying there is no correlation between tattoos and pierings and drug and alcohol use, i myself have ben SXE for 9 years now militantly and so are most of my modified friends, we are very clean in that respect and i am vegan as is most of the other moddied folk i know

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by LuckyLuke@Sep 21 2005, 12:15 PM
They are referred to as &#39;ritual mutilations&#39; and may in many cases be considered evidence of some mental illness.
[post=345365]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course, circumcision is the ritual mutilation, and no one considers that evidence of mental illness.

dancinfool

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by mindseye+Sep 21 2005, 10:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mindseye &#064; Sep 21 2005, 10:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LuckyLuke@Sep 21 2005, 12:15 PM
They are referred to as &#39;ritual mutilations&#39; and may in many cases be considered evidence of some mental illness.

Of course, circumcision is the ritual mutilation, and no one considers that evidence of mental illness.
[post=345528]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

good point...

and also- mental illness is something that can be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. there are plenty of mentally healthy people with tatoos and modifications. there are also millions of mentally ill people without tatoos and body modifications...

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by warwithscars@Sep 10 2005, 07:09 PM
well thanks for the input it was really just a curiousity i had, its not like i base wheter anyone esle likes my modifications or not before getting them but thank you anyway i like to get outside perspectives you know. its to bad for the people that judge a book by its cover though because some of us heavily moddified people or most of us anyway, not like the punks and shit though, are very very nice and intresting people once you get to know us, so i just say dont rely totally on if you are going to talk to someone just because they might have tattoos on there face or large stretched ears.  :ph34r:
[post=342160]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, a heavily tattooed or pierced person will still get from me the same chance for a first impression, and the same respect, as anyone else. But there will be a barrier of revulsion for me to overcome. For the most part I look at it as my problem, not yours. An excessively modified girl will not be considered for a sex partner though.

I have to wonder, though, if facial tattoos and mods won&#39;t be a limiting factor for future employment?

warwithscars

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
anyone who gets there face tattooed realizes it will hinder future employment, most of us are already seaded in a firm career that apperence doesnt matter really. I myself am a body piercer and scarification artist and owned my own studio in downtown indy, soon to be reopened after much needed travel.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by mindseye+Sep 21 2005, 07:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mindseye &#064; Sep 21 2005, 07:58 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-LuckyLuke@Sep 21 2005, 12:15 PM

[post=345528]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
A froup I&#39;m on actually once got a spam for a DIY circumcision kit. I said it&#39;s down, not across, make it count.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
so tattoos are definitely sexy. My girlfriend had one right under her belly-button...i love it, let me tell you.

DerSchwanz

1st Like
Media
I have a theory that people who tattoo/pierce their bodies have body and self-image issues. The more tattooed or pierced, the bigger issues. In some way they feel they aren&#39;t beautiful enough or attract enough positive attention as is, and feel they must add the artwork. I find it especially sad when a handome, built man or strikely beautiful woman has defiled their body with some silly tattoo.

We all try to make ourselves more beautiful with clothes and makeup, but unlike tattoos those can be removed.

And a PA??? You can&#39;t take a leak normally. Urine shoots out it weird directions. Why would anyone want to do that to his penis?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by DC_DEEP+Sep 21 2005, 06:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DC_DEEP &#064; Sep 21 2005, 06:37 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Sep 16 2005, 06:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-DC_DEEP
@Sep 16 2005, 08:24 AM
I just simply do not find it physically/sexually attractive....... just not my cup o&#39; tea for sexual attractiveness.

Crap.
[post=343891]Quoted post[/post]​
Huh???
[post=345318]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I&#39;ve got both and you ruled me out. Crap.