Turning 40: how is/was it for you?

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Today I said goodbye to my 30s. Personally, it was a good decade. There were a few low lows and a few high highs, but I've come out on top with a lot of help from family and friends and people I met when our paths crossed. I'm still in very good shape, I know what I want out of life (or have a better idea) and have plans for the future.

What did turning forty mean to you? Apart from the physical changes, how did turning forty change you? Are you more confident/assertive now than you were before?

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Today I said goodbye to my 30s. Personally, it was a good decade. There were a few low lows and a few high highs, but I've come out on top with a lot of help from family and friends and people I met when our paths crossed. I'm still in very good shape, I know what I want out of life (or have a better idea) and have plans for the future.

question deleted

Congratulations, titan1968! Happy birthday!

And I'm glad it's such a positive milestone for you. My best to you!

NCbear (who's happy you've got a smile on your face)

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i realized after a lot of angst and self reflection that it's just gonna be another day. i always think of your age as a function of life experiences as opposed to the number of times you've been around the sun. the more life experiences you have the older and wiser you are. the day you turn 40 will mean what ever meaning you place upon it and it's your choice.

i think you can set goals for yourself at your 10 year milestones but it's easy to decieve yourself and feel that you need to be at a certain place in your life at a certain age when life often throws you curve balls.

a very happy birthday to you titan...

D

deleted3782

The biggest change I have heard of is the unwillingness to put up with other people's crap after 40. Life is too short...let them sort their own issues out.

Isn't 40 the new 30...or something like that?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
My 30s were great; so far my 40s have been.

I have never understood why some people get so twisted about birthdays. From my way of thinking, having another birthday (regardless of its sequence number) is better than the only other option I know of!:biggrin1:

I always think, "well, I've made it another year instead of not making it another year... yay for me!"

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasnt feeling it. My girlfriends wanted to take me out, my family wanted to take me out, I wanted to get in bed and pull the covers over my head. The funny thing was that I realized it was just a number and was inevitable so I just needed to get over myself. I have been enjoying this decade of my life ever since.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I wasnt feeling it. My girlfriends wanted to take me out, my family wanted to take me out, I wanted to get in bed and pull the covers over my head. The funny thing was that I realized it was just a number and was inevitable so I just needed to get over myself. I have been enjoying this decade of my life ever since.
You mean you're not 21?!:shocked: :wow::boobies:

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
For me...things are only improving!Im in better shape than i was in 20 years ago as i dont have all the nasty habits i had when i was a youngster.The only difference is...i have an extremely low tolerence for bullshit!40 is great remember...at least you made it this far,the next 40 will be a breeze.

westy30004

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What a great thread...my 40th will be in about nine months....as I approach it, I am noticing my time is spent differently than it was even three or four years ago...more time doing what I want to with family and friends, less at the office and doing what others demand from me. Fourtunately, my wife is my best friend and I would rather spend time with her over anyone else... Wasn't like that in my 20's

pilot4466

Sexy Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
For me, it was physically a drag more than mentally. I literally woke up that morning with a horrible crick in my neck and it lasted all day even after two chair massages (that I bought myself). After a few beers during my bday party it finally went away. But I do believe my body also went through a change that year to where it used to be pretty easy to drop 5lbs but trying to do it now requires a lot more work.

Anyhoozle - Happy Birthday to anyone who is having a birthday this year....:biggrin1:

dickman45885

Sexy Member
Media
Oh to be 40 again...oh to be 50 again.

You are as old as you feel.....trite I know. Maintain a positive approach to life, be open to new things and experiences and surround yourself with like people
who think young...

Turning 40 last year was no big deal for me (I'm not quite 41 yet). I accomplished many of things that I wanted to do when I was younger. I'm happily married (my wife is my best friend), have a great job, live in a nice house, I have food on my plate, and clothes on my back, so I have a lot to be thankful for. When I was younger and single I did everything I wanted to do and my personal motto was "no regrets". I enjoyed my single days, but I do not yearn for them today. I love being married. People with regrets are usually the ones that do not age gracefully. People who constantly look at what they don't have rather than what they do have are also unhappy with themselves as they get older. I prefer to focus on what I do have and that has brought me contentment and joy in my life.

The only thing I don't like about getting older is that I will never have the kick ass physique I had when I was in my 20's. It's harder to lose weight, but I think I still look good for 40. Most people think I'm still in my early 30's and I let them think that. When they find out my true age they are usually quite shocked.

There is no mid-life crisis on my horizon.

Happy Birthday my friend!!!!