Turning 40 (not now, but....)

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Baby,

You ARE drop dead gorgeous and that I can verify from RL. Keep on keeping on. If you dont tell , they won't know.....

IsTHATReal said:
I was thinking about turning 40 also, decided to arrest my developement and not do it...lol...j/k.

I think it's just a number, unless you make it more... the things you are talking about don't have to happen, their are plenty of 20-somethings out there with fat, grey, etc. I think you have the right idea though on staying fit and happy.

I have found that now at 38.5+ that I am in an interesting place... I have great genes... real plus... that just helps. The next best thing is fitness, clean living and living right - low stress, sleep enough, eat right, etc.

A few things I have found that work...

Lotion for the skin
Shaving/Removing body hair
Hair Dye

These three things can really work wonders... though I get asked all the time, "...how old are you if I might ask?" by people it seems weekly 3-4 times.

Most important thing though is that I don't THINK about me being any age... I don't really do birthdays and haven't for years it just doesn't occur to me... last year I woke up, did all my daily activities and tasks... only to realize that even... oh yea... I turned 38 today...lol...oops I forgot, oh well.

Anyway I plan on living forever and being drop dead gorgious so whats in a number anyway...

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Thanks a lot guys for the great advice.

What all of you are saying is to accept the changes, keep active, be postive and stop worrying.

By the way, david, the trolls would/could never take you. ;-)

davidjh7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
titan1968 said:
Thanks a lot guys for the great advice.

What all of you are saying is to accept the changes, keep active, be postive and stop worrying.

By the way, david, the trolls would/could never take you. ;-)

Hmmm--so you are saying that I'm not even acceptable as a TROLL?!?!:tongue:
Just teasing :biggrin1:

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Is turning 40 as scary as turning 30?
How was it for you, fellow members? How did you make the jump?

I was the world's most boring 8 year old, so every year since then I have had more fun. I turned 40 late last year.

Thirty was harder for me. I have a much greater clarity about my life now.

My work takes up more of my life than is perhaps ideal, but I do enjoy it and I am the boss.

I need to sleep regularly (everynight). I haven't got any desire now to party all night and go to work the next day without sleeping. Yes, I did still did this until a couple of years ago. My best friend from school (we've been close since we were 7) and I were talking about this today. Last night we were at a Brazilian party (well until 3am) for a friend of her boyfriend. We think we are doing pretty well. None of the angst that afflicted us when we were younger.

Life is very good. I have the most beautiful friends who came from all over the place for my 40th party. My close friends range from their mid twenties to mid eighties. I really don't feel any age, except perhaps after trying to do too much at work.

If your life is anything like mine, your friends will carry you through. They are getting older at the same rate as you, of course:wink:.

I strongly reccomend a good gin and tonic on a regular basis, but I'm sure you have your own pleasures.

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Remember, your body is NOT is chronological age! I am 53 and pass for 40. I do a workout at the gym 5 times a week that none of my contemporaries can do. I have never felt better. My sex drive is only slightly diminished from what it was at 23. On occasion, I receive unsolicited compliments from both genders on my physical appearance.
Enjoy your 40th birthday. Mine was a surprise party thrown by my high school students in our Mexican-American history class. It is a memory I treasure.
and yes, as we believe in our great CA vintages, you too can age like fine Zinfandel.
Just take care of those grapevines! Cheers to you on your special day.

8dot75

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
titan1968 said:
I'm a thirtysomething guy. Lately, I've been thinking about turning 40 and the impact it'll have on my relationships, my outlook on life,my career, etc. There are of course the dreaded bodily changes (greying of thebody hair, the paunch, the dry skin, etc.). The changes we go through can't be all bad, can they?

I'm in great physical shape, I'm considered good looking, I have a lot of dreams/ plans, I'm an optimist and a people person. Thanks to the family and the friends I've met these past few years, I've grown tremendously as a person. So what's my problem? Why does turning 40 scare me? Is turning 40 as scary as turning 30?

How was it for you, fellow members? How did you make the jump?

Titan1968

I feel ya there!
in exactly 3 months, i hitthe big 4-0... or does it hit ME ?
I'm in very good shape for my age, and i'm told i look way younger, so much younger that i've had more than my share of early 20-somethings hitting on me.. but if she isn't at LEAST 25, i don't even bother.
The only stigma with turning forty , in my book, is the fact we are no longer 20

But the WOIMEN that will keep you young are the same ones that value your maturity and 'experience".
i'm not sweating it.. why should you ??
:biggrin1:

horny8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
OK, so I'm not really that close to 40 (32), but I have a lot of love for 40 yo guys. The great thing to me about older guys is the desire for perfection disappears. I don't mean that as a dis. I love that. A slight paunch, a decreased sex drive (or not), losing hair, growing hair...all of these things are human/mortal. To me, those imperfections make people sexier. Be secure in your age, own it, because it's our lot in life. Seeing comfortable 40 and 50 and 60 yo guys makes me enjoy my aging even more than I already have.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
curious n str8 said:
:scratchchin: Guess you'll have to change your name to Fiftiesfun. Funny how time flies when having fun:sigh1:

So, today is the day. I've been using this screen name for several years in many locations, but have actually thought about changing. I think that indicates that I have way too much time on my hands...

I have been having fun throughout my 40s, in no small part due to LPSG recently.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
fortiesfun said:
So, today is the day. I've been using this screen name for several years in many locations, but have actually thought about changing. I think that indicates that I have way too much time on my hands...

I have been having fun throughout my 40s, in no small part due to LPSG recently.

Happy birthday.

Be bad.

D_Festus_Fannipat

Account Disabled
Media
As I turn 40 next month, I will certainly have some regrets for things I haven't done, or opportunities that I have missed, but it is not a sad event. Life is not a race, and we accomplish what we can in the time given, and we experience life's challenges as we are ready for them. I don't "mourn" leaving my thirties; instead, I celebrate this next decade of my life, with a little more grey hair, a few wrinkles, and a hint of wisdom I have gained by embracing life.

Happiness is perspective, really. I could choose to get upset with getting older, but it is easier (and more productive) to forge ahead with gusto and hope.

I think I am going to like my 40s.