Turning lemons into lemonade...

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by mindseye, Oct 26, 2004.

1. mindseye

Gold Member

My townhouse directly overlooks a McDonald's drive-thru. Worse -- a 24-hour McDonald's drive-thru! I've had to learn to sleep over the incessant drone of "may I take your order...would you like fries with that" coming through a tinny loudspeaker. Day in, day out.

I shouldn't complain -- except for the drive-thru, the place is fantastic. The rent is good, and I'm less than two blocks from my office.

I've decided, however, to make the most of my noisy neighbor and capitalize on the hundreds (if not low thousands) of customers that visit the store:

2. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Clever use of space, mindseye.

On the drive to work this morning I saw that somebody had plastered just about the entire ivy-covered freeway onramp area with BUSH/CHENEY lawn signs. There must have been more than 100 of them. I wonder if it's legal in Oregon to use public property like that?

SG

3. mindseye

Gold Member

"Freeway blogging", as it's sometimes called, is against the law in most states, although it's an untested legal question whether the restriction on political speech is constitutional.

The Freeway Blogger website (great pictures worth looking at!) addresses the legal question in more detail.

4. Imported

Gold Member

monstro: Good use of window space, mindseye!

We have the option of early voting here in my county, so I had the honor of voting for Kerry/Edwards on Saturday!

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

Congrats, Monstro! You're the first one I've heard of so thanx for getting the ball rolling!

Mindseye, great way to have some impact with the burger eating bunch, give them something to chew on...

6. Imported

Gold Member

monstro:
    Yay! Thanks!

6 more days 'til y'all can join me :D

7. Pappy

Pappy Member

I just hope there's enough of us joining you.

8. mindseye

Gold Member

It'll happen. Won't happen all by itself -- it'll take the concerted effort of lots of volunteers to help get the vote out. (So if you can help, contact America Coming Together -- they could use volunteers and donations!)

9. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Did the deed today!

10. SpeedoGuy

Gold Member

Albums:
    Me too. Oregon has vote-by-mail and its very convenient to use.

SG

11. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Hopefully, but let&#39;s not forget what we learned from the last presidential election: One does not have to be elected in order to become president. <_<

12. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

I&#39;ve enjoyed reading this thread. Have any of you received a telephone call from Bill Clinton? He encouraged me to go vote and carry someone with me who doesn&#39;t have a way, because Tennessee could be a toss up for the election. I voted Monday week ago, but the recorded message was cool anyway.

13. jonb

Gold Member

And one can be stricken from the voting record if one will be convicted of a felony seven years from now. Especially if you&#39;re, can&#39;t say the B word, Democrat-American.

14. mindseye

Gold Member

Ironically, I received a call from George W. Bush. In 2000, I hung up on him. This year, I set the phone down and let the message play through as I went about my business; figuring it&#39;d cost him a few cents more.

15. B_RoysToy

B_RoysToy New Member

Ironically, I received a call from George W. Bush. In 2000, I hung up on him. This year, I set the phone down and let the message play through as I went about my business; figuring it&#39;d cost him a few cents more.
    [post=261894]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]
    I love it, mindseye. I hope you don&#39;t mind if I give you a huge hug and big kiss when we meet.

Draft saved Draft deleted