TV commercials NOT full of misandry

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
I love the new Sprint/Nextel commercials. Hard working guys in a meeting hall communicating with pagers, getting stuff done, fast! But the best has to be the guys using their pagers to load passenger cargo, act as flight attendants and the captain and co-pilot taking off with fireworks fountains on each side of the plane yelling! That is the best. The sexual inuendo and overtones are fantastic. FINALLY commercials that don't show men as stupid, clumsy, inept, pussy-whipped idiots and lets them be MEN! We need more like that.:smile:

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Pecker, that was great. I love commercials. I like them especially when they are completely off the wall. There is another cell commercial about voicemail and no signal. And of course he didn't get the message about putting a frozen turkey in the fryer.
I wonder how many people have done that exact thing?

D

deleted213967

I love the new Sprint/Nextel commercials. Hard working guys in a meeting hall communicating with pagers, getting stuff done, fast! But the best has to be the guys using their pagers to load passenger cargo, act as flight attendants and the captain and co-pilot taking off with fireworks fountains on each side of the plane yelling! That is the best. The sexual inuendo and overtones are fantastic. FINALLY commercials that don't show men as stupid, clumsy, inept, pussy-whipped idiots and lets them be MEN! We need more like that.:smile:

Relax. It's just Marketing 101. Advertising aimed at a female segment will invariably make prospective female consumers feel superior by portraying males as hapless.

It works both ways to be fair.

D_Pubert Stabbingpain

Account Disabled
Media
Relax. It's just Marketing 101. Advertising aimed at a female segment will invariably make prospective female consumers feel superior by portraying males as hapless.

It works both ways to be fair.

Fact of the matter is that in the last several years it has *not* worked both ways, at least not 50/50. See, for example,

Spreading Misandry: The Teaching of Contempt for Men in Popular Culture
by Paul Nathanson and Katherine Young, originally published in 2001.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the Sprint-Roadies commercial I love it. They make parallels between take off and a rock concert. The Sprint Fireman commercial is pretty good too.

This one is one of my favorites.

Awww, that's so sweet. :smile:

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Fact of the matter is that in the last several years it has *not* worked both ways, at least not 50/50. See, for example,

Spreading Misandry: The Teaching of Contempt for Men in Popular Culture
by Paul Nathanson and Katherine Young, originally published in 2001.

Thank you....

Yes, its true... Modern American culture demonizes and humiliates everything masculine, and portrays women as universally better, smarter, and more ethical.

And no, a couple of commercials doesn't make up for the past 20 years.

We have a generation of young men raised to accept that they are shits and nothing they can do will convince women otherwise...

So, of course, they behave like shits... why not? the condemned man might as well be guilt of the crime.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thank you....

Yes, its true... Modern American culture demonizes and humiliates everything masculine, and portrays women as universally better, smarter, and more ethical.

And no, a couple of commercials doesn't make up for the past 20 years.

We have a generation of young men raised to accept that they are shits and nothing they can do will convince women otherwise...

So, of course, they behave like shits... why not? the condemned man might as well be guilt of the crime.

Yep. If you're an immature thoughtless pig, might as well play the role. What's ironic is it's gotten so bad girls actually find it attractive.