TV Commercials with a man and a woman

monel

Sexy Member
Media
Is anyone else tired of TV commercials where the woman is a total beeyotch to the man? If being gay was a choice, that would do it for me right there.

More than just the woman being rude, why are so many of the men in commercials Complete, inept morans who need the woman to wipe the drool.from their chin? That's what bothers me the most. Remember when equality meant men and woman were equal despite their genders? Now it seems equality is a blubbering fool of a man who needs his woman to feed him the correct breakfast cereal.

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
It's not just commercials. TV shows too. The men are big, fat stupid oafs with smart beautiful wives. I know it's supposed to be funnier that way, but I really don't too many men who are that stupid....and if they are, they generally don't have genius wives either.

I'd guessing ad companies try to make the women look "smart" because they feel that the woman is buying the product - so they play up to her. Since she's so "smart" she'll be "smart" enough to buy the product? I don't know. Just a guess.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They're targeting women.... cleaning products, laundry, paper towels, health foods... all of which are marketed with the assumption the women will be the ones to make the ultimate decision.

Commercials targeting men feature the women as sex symbols who are often horny and dumb... beer, deodorants, snack foods, pizza.....

Pay attention to who is cast and as what role they portray. You'll be amazed.
Don't even get me started on McDonald's ads and black people.