Tv is shit.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
now more than ever is a good time for parents to take the tv out of the kids rooms.

Hell, I think anytime is a good time to take the TV out of the kids' rooms.

What made that point for me was when I was visiting a family for most of a summer. We would all go out to dinner, for example, and when we returned home, both of the boys would go straight to their rooms and turn on their TVs, and the parents would go to the den and turn on the TV there.

Their only after-school social period was at dinner.

It wasn't like this all the time, but man, when it happened, it was nearly instantaneous, and I don't know if anyone noticed besides myself.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The internet will replace TV in a couple of years. You'll see - it already is making big inroads. I say all right! No more one way thought control and dictated amusements. Bye to drivel.

Better to be active participants in our entertainment. Exercise your brain.

The problem will be if you trust Google to be the masters of the internet and steer its destiny and access to information.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I say all right! No more one way thought control and dictated amusements. Bye to drivel.

Better to be active participants in our entertainment. Exercise your brain.

Earl, I agree with this 100%. I will shed no tears if the influence of corporate sponsored thought control diminishes.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
What made that point for me was when I was visiting a family for most of a summer. We would all go out to dinner, for example, and when we returned home, both of the boys would go straight to their rooms and turn on their TVs, and the parents would go to the den and turn on the TV there.

I've visited homes like this. I've also visited people who seem to have multiple TVs on virtually all the time. I can't understand how they live like that. Its scary.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
I own all three of the seasons of Nip/tuck. Can't get enough of that show. However, when I posted this thread, I found the clip and was disgusted at some of the stuff.. I mean, Nip/tuck was airing at 9 or 10pm at the time.. some of those shows were on at 7-8:eek: :rolleyes:
OMG! I have seasons 3&4 on my computer!!!

Dr.Troy or Dr.McNamara?

I want McNamara!!

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
Ummm......

1) You LOVE doggy.
2) You need to watch seasons 1,2... the guy was a fucking machine, literally.:redface: :rolleyes:
3) Of course it is impersonal. Christian has problems with intimacy.
But wouldn't watching the early episodes wreck if for me... since I watched the newer ones? that and I'm not sure if LimeWire has the first episodes... I'll check.

Onslow

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Glee was the best show that I've seen in years. It's a shame that they only have any episodes.

The first 2 minutes I saw of it were disgustingly booooooooooooooring. The other 2 minutes I saw made me angry and were offensive. The ads for it at first made me nauseous then I would vomit. I now press the mute when the ads come on and avoid the channel entirely when the show is scheduled for being to be shown.

D_Tintagel_Demondong

Sexy Member
Media
The first 2 minutes I saw of it were disgustingly booooooooooooooring. The other 2 minutes I saw made me angry and were offensive. The ads for it at first made me nauseous then I would vomit. I now press the mute when the ads come on and avoid the channel entirely when the show is scheduled for being to be shown.

In theory, it shouldn't work. A show about a glee club that competes against cheerleaders for the school's budget seems impossibly trite, but somehow it works.

Watch one full episode and you'll see it's brilliance.