'Twas the Night Before Elections

Discussion in 'Politics' started by transformer_99, Oct 30, 2008.

1. transformer_99

Gold Member

Aug 5, 2006

'Twas the Night Before Elections:

[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Sans-Serif]'Twas the night before the elections
    And all through the town
    Tempers were flaring
    Emotions all up and down!

I, in my bathrobe
    With a cat in my lap
    Had cut off the TV
    Tired of all the political crap.

When all of a sudden
    There arose such a noise
    I peered out my window
    And saw Obama and his boys

They had come for my wallet
    They wanted my pay
    To give to the others
    Who had never worked a day!

He snatched up my money
    And quick as a wink
    Jumped back on his bandwagon
    As I gagged from the stink!

He then rallied his henchmen
    Who were pulling his cart
    I could tell they were out
    To tear my country apart!

"On Fannie, on Freddie,
    On Biden and Ayers!
    On Acorn, On Pelosi"
    He screamed at the pairs!

They took off for his cause
    And as he flew out of sight
    I heard him laugh at the whole nation that night
    Because they wouldn't stand up and fight!

So I leave you to think
    On this one final note-

Any others being received ?
  2. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

Nov 24, 2007
    All we have to do is stop saying his name!

Obama Warns He May Cease To Exist Unless America Believes In Him

October 30, 2008 | Issue 44•44

INDIANAPOLIS—Unless citizens throughout America keep him in their thoughts, say his name to themselves over and over, and otherwise believe in him with all their might, Barack Obama may cease to exist, the candidate warned supporters Thursday.
    "My fellow Americans, I am currently very strong and very, very real," Sen. Obama told a cheering crowd of 12,000 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds. "Even here in Hoosier country, a traditional Republican stronghold, your faith has kept me from growing faint, becoming transparent, and slowly fading from view."
    "But please, don't stop now," Obama added. "Unless you continue to believe in me, I'll completely disappear. You have to keep me in your thoughts at all times!"
    Deputy campaign manager Steve Hilde- brand, who has been tasked with making sure volunteers are chanting Obama's name with their hands clasped and their eyes shut tight, said that the candidate has nearly faded out at several points during the long campaign. Early in the primaries, when Hillary Clinton was up in the polls, Obama's typically solid composition began to waver and his voice became a distant echo. Currently the Democratic nominee is a blurred and vague outline in the state of West Virginia, where he trails McCain by almost 12 points. In Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia, Obama is already a waning dream to some people, while in Texas, he is nothing more than a gentle wind, rustling through the trees—a ghostly visitor soon departed.
    "During these last few days, I call on all Americans to keep thinking happy thoughts," Obama said. "Otherwise our dream of turning this country around will vanish, as I vanish, leaving nothing behind but a wisp of my memory and a few faint strains of my voice, forever whispering, 'Yes, we can…. Yes, we can…. Yes, we can.'"
Draft saved Draft deleted