Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Over the years, many guys I've contacted via messengers or email, particularly from the USA have said how they like British Comedy.

Here are a few links of twisted, dark humour for anyone to enjoy, despise or ignore.

I'll start off with a couple of sketches from a show called the League of Gentlemen. Mr. Chinnery is a vet with an unfortunate and recurring problem. Every animal he attempts to care for, comes to a sticky and sickeningly hilarious end.

1. Mr. Chinnery and Bentley- the Aristocratic womans dog.

YouTube - League of Gentlemen: Mister Chinnery Clip

2. Mr. Chinnery and the pregnant cow.

YouTube - The League of Gentlemen. Mr, Chinnery. Delivery of pregnant cow.

Any favourites out there? Please post, but make sure they're a bit twisted :tongue:

JF

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
League of Gentlemen is one of the best examples of this type of comedy. Top of the list of characters, though, has to go to Papa Lazarou - YouTube - Hello Dave!

From the same creators / actors is Psychoville - BBC - Psychoville - Homepage. How can you not like a comedy that gives the world Mr Jelly - Mr.Jelly

On the other hand, Keeping Up Appearances is rather twee and caters for a much broader audience. For me, whilst it is certainly British, it is definitely not Twisted nor Favourite, and only just a Comedy :tongue:

Sergeant_Torpedo

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Why has the BBC given up on comedy. The Family could be funny but the lines are delivered with such speed, like passing a soiled diaper, that it demeans the actors and the audience. The league of Gentlemen is a gem in a very dull coronet. Bring back Hancock. Ha!

D_Eric Banana

Experimental Member
Media
I realy like the Britsch sense of Comedy. You gotta love it or hate it!
"Keeping up appearances" is the standard, I you can laugh with it, then you're sold!
Little Bittain is very rude, not for everybody, I love it!

S

superbot

Sacha Baron Cohen's various incarnations are nicely twisted and Dennis Pennis is also suitably cruel!!... I think Keeping Up Appearences,My Family and Are You Being Served don't QUITE fit the twisted catagory!!!

tripod

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Ideal and the IT Crowd are hoots. The IT Crowd is a bit like a normal comedy but it mos def has it's interesting moments. lol! Ideal can be pretty shocking at times...

unabear09

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
OMG how could ya'll of forgotten Absolutely Fabulous? I've watched every episode at least 100 times (I own all of the dvds) and still can watch them and laugh my ass off

S

superbot

Dennis Pennis, Dennis Pennis, Dennis Pennis,Dennis Pennis,Dennis Pennis!!