Twitter: is it for twits?

How enthusiastic a tweeter are you?

• Yes! Tweeting is FANTASTIC!!!! I tweet all day/all night!

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I tweet about once a day.

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I rarely send out a tweet.

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • I ignore tweets and have them blocked.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never tweet.

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • I want to hunt down and do bad things to the person who invented tweeting!

Votes: 12 48.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Today, after purchasing a new Apple G phone, I was introduced to that thing called Twitter. Is it me? Or is Twitter simply a tool designed for the majority suffering Attention Deficit Disorder and cannot string more than two sentences together? It seems rather a waste of time to randomly send off one's thought of the moment to what I bet is mostly an uninterested social network.

How do the LPSG-ers weigh in on this modern inconvenience. Vote today!

Last edited:

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I never twit. But sometimes I enjoy reading celebrity twits, just to make sure how stupid they are;)

BiItalianBro

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have a twitter account. I have NEVER tweeted a thing. NEVER!......and yet I see I have 12 people "following" me. How did they find me and why in the Hell are they Following me???

BRAHAHAHAHA.....SAME HERE!! I don't Tweet at all (hell, i update my FB status like once a month) yet i have followers..some of them people i know IRL 0-o. Daniel Tosh did a short screenplay that was written by his Twitter followers called 'twitten by'.....i laughed so hard i almost got sick.

Twitten By - Tosh.0 - Season 2 - Ep. 13 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

umnc30

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I tweet. There are a lot of random people following me, but I also have friends who follow and I follow. People use it for different things. Keeping track of celebrities you're fan of, a particular company, a blog, or another organization. JetBlue sends out its 'cheaps' (cheap fares) by twitter every tuesday so anyone who wants to knows instantly and doesnt have to watch the website. Too bad they don't fly to Atlanta.

Calboner

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can't say that I have ever tried it, but the fact that it has worked so well for Sarah Palin confirms my suspicion that it is basically a medium of communication for narcissistic twits and twats.

Here is a more nuanced evaluation:

10 things you need to stop tweeting about - The Oatmeal

Jason

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Twitter is a tool and makes sense if you have a reason to use it. It can promote a person or organisation or idea - it is a form of marketing. If you are a person/organisation that people are already interested in or if you have ideas of current relevance then it makes sense. You can also find out about people, organisations and current issues. The social function is less developed than Facebook - most tweeters don't have the personal links with their followers that a Facebook user may have with their Facebook friends.

I've been using Twitter for about six weeks. I've had some work offered through it (I'm self employed). I've also done quite a bit of marketing. Always hard to put a price tag on the effectiveness of any marketing activity, but I'm confident that I've got something from it.

Twitter is wonderful.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Twitter is a kind of haiku, either of the id or the superego, depending on the context and contents of any given tweet. I'm over-exposed enough without any added reason to exalt in my narcissism.