Two And A Half Men?

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
OK, you definitely wouldn't want me on your trivia team. I don't watch TV except for CNN Español and the local news, and I get a kick out of watching the same Discovery Channel and History Channel programs everyone in the English-speaking countries watch, but where I live they are always dubbed in Spanish. Film and Arts shows the same 39 Morse episodes in a continual loop broken up with the occasional opera or symphony performance.

So, for an hour while my computer debugged itself, I sat around and channel surfed until I stopped at the WB Channel, an English language channel that seems to run nothing but Friends 24/7, Smallville (yuck-o-la!), Los Gilmore Girlz, y 90210. I absolutely loathe Friends! They fucking creep me out! But I chanced upon a new series (to me, at least) called Two And A Half Men. If I want to see more I must be home at 12:00 noon Monday through Friday. "Cuando Dos y Media Hombres continua." I was thoroughly entertained. Never seen it before. Charlie Sheen as a comic actor? Hell, Charlie Sheen as simply an actor of any sort has always struck me as somewhat incredulous. But the writing of this comedy certainly must be nothing but a rash of annoying censoring "beeps!" in the USA.

So, how long has this show been on the air in the USA? Has it been renewed for a second or third season? Or am I just old and befuddled finally showing my age? (I'll glady cop to the last one.) Does anyone else find this half-hour comedy genuinely funny?

An old inquiring mind wants to know. :confused:

D

deleted85856

Um, it's probably my favourite show as well..

I believe we're coming on 4th or 5th season? And definatly not slowing in popularity!

FleshlightMouth

Superior Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Providence, Rhode Island, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
It is the most popular sitcom in the US, it is in its sixth season, and, while racy in parts, does not get bleeped... kind of astonishing what they get away with sometimes... the supporting characters are especially funny (Holland Taylor as the main characters' mother, Conchata Ferrell as the no-holds-barred housekeeper Berta, and Melanie Lynskey as the cooky, Charlie-stalking neighbor Rose.

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I love it!

We're behind, as usual, in the UK but I have the first 3 series on dvd.

Apparently it made Charlie Sheen the highest paid comedy actor in the US!!!

And... from what I can tell, the new series are still as fresh as the old ones!