• 20 iq points

Votes: 145 28.3%

• Total voters

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Despite the common belief that IQ tests are accurate, reliable, and meaningful.....they are not at all

They are good for measuring extremes and become more accurate at identifying those further from the 1-2 standard deviations of the norm. They are supposed to be done by psychologists or psychiatrists, under ideal conditions, in language appropriate environments

They basically are good at identifying kids who are borderline mental retardation. The accuracy is not precise enough to distinguish someone between 100-120 and if measured by multiple people on multiple days your IQ would change

Rather than 20 IQ points, I would vote for most people in the world to gain an extra 20 IQ equivalent points in common sense

this about it this way too, a study showed that 87% of people thought they were better than average drivers

OKFarmer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No one with an IQ over 200? It has nothing to do with the number of people in the world. IQ is a formula that is quantity mental age divided by physical age end quantity multiplied by 100. Written out IQ = (Mental age/Physical age) x 100. My wife was test at age 7. Her mental age was 14.7 years. Thus (14.7/7) x 100 = (2.1) x 100 = 210. At that point she was tested again and accepted into MENSA. At 18, she was tested again and her intelligence quotient came out to 210. At 14 I was tested at 195, so technically she is smarter than I am; however, her intelligence lies more along the lines of vocabulary/literatue while I am more scientific/math oriented. I let her deal with writing letters, and I do the number crunching. Isn't Marilyn Vos VanStrant still listed as the person with the highest IQ? As they say genius borders on insanity. MENSA is a bit overrated since its meetings would fit in well with a Crack support group. One bit of trivia though: actress Gina Davis is a member.

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Despite the common belief that IQ tests are accurate, reliable, and meaningful.....they are not at all

The accuracy is not precise enough to distinguish someone between 100-120 and if measured by multiple people on multiple days your IQ would change

So it's like blood pressure? :biggrin1:

Rather than 20 IQ points, I would vote for most people in the world to gain an extra 20 IQ equivalent points in common sense

Something we can definitely agree on, baseball99.

NCbear

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
well, I did a test and its result was 130
but it's a fact that IQ can vary up to 20+/- depending on how much mental "work" you do.

I neither need 2 inches nor do I need 20 IQ points. Voted for 2 inches though I wish 1 inch and 10 IQ points? :p

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
2 inches.

As a 39-year-old entrenched in academia and working on my fourth degree, I haven't used up whatever IQ points I already have, so I'm not sure that more points would help. Two more inches in length would give some balance to my girth, though, and I'm much more confident I could put them to use.

(On the other hand -- if you gave me the choice between 2 inches and 200 IQ points, I'd take the IQ points, out of a curiosity to know what that sort of mental faculty might be like.)

OKFarmer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd like to buy the world 20 points of common sense and furnish it with love~

Catchy

Mindseye, I'm pretty sure you would find life very boring with that many points. Imagine having an idea that would improve life for everyone and no one else being able to understand it well enough to go with it. /shudder

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No one with an IQ over 200? It has nothing to do with the number of people in the world. IQ is a formula that is quantity mental age divided by physical age end quantity multiplied by 100. Written out IQ = (Mental age/Physical age) x 100. My wife was test at age 7. Her mental age was 14.7 years. Thus (14.7/7) x 100 = (2.1) x 100 = 210. At that point she was tested again and accepted into MENSA. At 18, she was tested again and her intelligence quotient came out to 210. At 14 I was tested at 195, so technically she is smarter than I am; however, her intelligence lies more along the lines of vocabulary/literatue while I am more scientific/math oriented. I let her deal with writing letters, and I do the number crunching. Isn't Marilyn Vos VanStrant still listed as the person with the highest IQ? As they say genius borders on insanity. MENSA is a bit overrated since its meetings would fit in well with a Crack support group. One bit of trivia though: actress Gina Davis is a member.

This is about as believable as all the people here who claim to have 30 inch penises. It would be just as rare.

and yes, I know it's not technically impossible, Charles, but it would mean this guy and his wife were likely the two smartest people in the world.

Additionally.. if a significant number of such people did exist, the IQ tests they were using should be adjusted since a score of 100 is supposed to represent the 50th percentile. If all of a sudden it's discovered that there are a bunch of farmers in Oklahoma wandering around with IQs of 200, then the test is off and the scoring system should be adjusted because statistically, this should be HIGHLY HIGHLY improbable if not impossible.

weecallum

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
i don't really feel the pressing need of either, so i've gone for the 20 iq points on the understanding that i can donate them to a worthy cause.

that moth who's continually head-butting my desklamp is a potential candidate. or maybe there's a US president somehwere who could use a little help? whatever. there's 20 juicy iq points here for the asking......

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Sorry, OKFarmer, but somehow this just doesn't have the 'ring' of a guy who sits up on the intellectual mountaintop with Goethe.
Also, at the extreme ends, IQ is very difficult to measure, so your wife's scoring 210 as compared to your paltry 195 (assuming these are real achieved scores accurately measuring your respective smarts ... which I doubt) means very little.
If you got 20 additional IQ points, you would write quite differently ... or at least the tenderness imperative requires that one think so.

This is about as believable as all the people here who claim to have 30 inch penises. It would be just as rare.

Quite so, my over-bright friend.

and yes, I know it's not technically impossible, Charles, but it would mean this guy and his wife were likely the two smartest people in the world.

:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1: :biggrin1:

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I heard Leonardo da Vinci they estimate as the smartest person ever with an IQ of 220. You guys heard this? Is this reliable?

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I heard Leonardo da Vinci they estimate as the smartest person ever with an IQ of 220. You guys heard this? Is this reliable?

I saw an estimate of 190 for Leonardo, ditto for Voltaire and a few others.
Goethe was estimated at 210. John Stuart Mill was sometimes estimated at 200. Francis Galton (a relative of Mill's, if I'm not mistaken) was ranked in the same approximate range.
But of course it's not reliable. Just someone's best guess based on what we know about the childhoods of various eminent people.

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can understand someone not wanting two additional inches, but I cannot begin to understand anyone not wanting additional intelligence -- no matter how bright they are.

Well, as others have pointed out in this thread, intelligence is often linked to depression, social isolation, and other unsavory things. Dumb people are happier. Just look at Adam & Eve.

baseball99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I can understand someone not wanting two additional inches, but I cannot begin to understand anyone not wanting additional intelligence -- no matter how bright they are.

bc most people already think they're smarter than everyone else.....im amazed at how dumb some people are and wish i could give them a pill that makes them smarter

BigA

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well, as others have pointed out in this thread, intelligence is often linked to depression, social isolation, and other unsavory things. Dumb people are happier. Just look at Adam & Eve.

That reminds me of a Simpsons episode, where it's discovered Homer is so dumb because he has a crayon wedged in his brain. He gets it removed, and is isolated from his friends and is not as happy. "Is there no place for the man with the 105 IQ?" he pleads, and ends up having the crayon shoved back in. LOL

B_NineInchCock_160IQ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
That reminds me of a Simpsons episode, where it's discovered Homer is so dumb because he has a crayon wedged in his brain. He gets it removed, and is isolated from his friends and is not as happy. "Is there no place for the man with the 105 IQ?" he pleads, and ends up having the crayon shoved back in. LOL

haha. :biggrin1:

Personally, I wish I had a perfect photographic memory. Some way to instantaneously recall any detail about anything I wanted to without having to use google. That would actually be useful. But as far as raw brain power goes.. I might be good where I am. And I know my dick is plenty big enough as it is. So.. maybe in response to the original question of this thread I would actually choose niether. If I was smart. If actually given the opportunity, I know I would probably choose IQ out of a combination of ego and pure morbid curiosity if nothing else.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media

Well, it's linked to all kinds of things.
Some of the most vibrant, connected and affirmative people I know are searingly intelligent.

bc most people already think they're smarter than everyone else.....im amazed at how dumb some people are and wish i could give them a pill that makes them smarter

I think most people have two senses -- that they are smart, and that they are stupid. You're saying the more self-deluded option is carrying the ball here. I don't doubt you're right in many cases.

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
So... maybe in response to the original question of this thread I would actually choose neither. If I was smart. If actually given the opportunity, I know I would probably choose IQ out of a combination of ego and pure morbid curiosity if nothing else.

Ego and curiosity could be the motors taking you there, but lots of good can come from wisely-invested ego.
And there's no reason to assume your curiosity would be morbid.
Anything good that you hope to do now, you could do with that extra measure of facility and insight you would have with a 180 IQ.
The bad news is that it's ditto, I suppose, if your intentions were malign.
But say it ain't so, NIC. Say it ain't so.
And we know it ain't so. No malignity there, bro.:biggrin1: