Two sites same issues ...

readingHelpsMe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
How many people frequent both sites LPSG.org and Measurection.com?
Do you offer support on both sites?
What do you find different between the sites?
Do you think the sites should merge into one site with different topics? (Just a penis support group site)

I think all men would gain a better understanding and acceptance of their penises if they heard the stories and problems on both ends of the size spectrum.

I think woman would gain insight and sensitivity in regards to men's penises and how much sensitivity and worry there is surrounding it (most women don't seem to realize this until they have seen one of these two sites).

Insecurities are a strange thing that defy logic. Off hand (and often innocent) comments can be taken in totally the wrong way turning a good day into a miserable one. For men this often is surrounding their penises and for women (in my experience) it is surrounding body weight. It is amazing when you start to be aware of it how acceptable it is for people and the media to make fun of these two things. Both are some of the last forms of socially acceptable ridicule.

http://www.measurection.com/forums/...4255/page/0/view/collapsed/sb/5/o/all/fpart/1

Reactions: JTT

tallguypns

Sexy Member
Media
Pensacola, Florida, United States of America
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I am on both sites. I've not had a chance to get familiar with measurection or the people there as I've been there less than a week. My general impression however is that the people on measurection are much more supportive than here. I'm sure I'll find some when I get further into the boards, but I just dont see all the bickering over there that I do here.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've looked at that site.
Same sorts of questions...lots of back patting and
"am i an ok size?" like here.

texas30

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I chat at both sites as well. Like txquis said, we talk about the same issues at both sites, just that measurection tends to be about smaller to average and here is large. I've met cool people at both sites and like chatting at both as well :smile:.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What would be the point of mixing them? Those guys would all just whine that a penis the size of a fireplace log can't possibly have a downside, so the LPSG guys are just showing off, or after gay hookups, etc - for evidence, see the first respondent to your thread over there. He sums up the popular misconceptions and bigotries nicely. There's little common ground between the two camps, and I doubt they'd be interested in looking for any.

In any case, merged or independent, I wouldn't care to butt in on the commiseration in the undersized camp. I suspect it wouldn't be appreciated, even if I happened to be qualified to contribute.

readingHelpsMe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Well I'm glad to read some thought provoking posts on both sites which I think is great and I why I started the post in the first place. Both sides have a lot to say and all surrounding the same issue.

Yes it is true that both sites have there pros and cons:

Measurection - While the vast majority of men there are wonderful and very supportive there are some that still have a ways to come and don't see the similarities in the two groups and instead choose to be as hurtful as the people that hurt them.

LPSG - Has what seems to be a much higher incidence of people 'patting themselves on their back' because of their appendage. I believe that most of these people do not really have large penises (just online ones) and thus can't really contribute to the site and support given their mentality of 'bigger is better'. That takes away from the honest contributors of the site that want to offer genuine support and understanding.

I hope this thread (on both sites) is not taken in a bad way as I was just interested in starting a dialog about both sites. As I am getting better with my own issues (I can hear some now 'what issues?', but it is all in the head remember?) I just noticed the similarities of support and dialog between men and women on an issue that isn't normally talked about in an honest way.

Thanks for all that contributing to this thread.

b.c.

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
readingHelpsMe said:
LPSG - Has what seems to be a much higher insolence of people 'patting themselves on their back' because of their appendage. I believe that most of these people do not really have large penises (just online ones) and thus can't really contribute to the site and support given their mentality of 'bigger is better'. That takes away from the honest contributors of the site that want to offer genuine support and understanding.

"Insolence" of people?? Luv it.

Did you mean incidence, or was this what we call a Freudian slip? Think i like it the way you wrote it anyway (chuckle).

readingHelpsMe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I just got a PM asking about why I'm at the Measurection site (maybe some people think I don't belong at ether?) which I won't post here as it is not my place to post it but I just wanted to bring the subject up here for all to be able to read.

I found Measurection first and later through Measurection found LPSG. The reason I found Measurection was because I was in a bad way and one of the things that came up as a result of it was that I began to have insecurity issues about myself, most notably about my penis size. I have a wonderful fiancé but who loves me very much for who I am and just the way I am but my brain decided to tell me otherwise (you know that voice in the back of your head? We’ve all had it I’m sure). Anyway once I found it reading really did help and while reading on LPSG got me down in the dumps sometimes, wishing I had more, I did begin to notice similarity in the support of both sites. All in all I think there are very real problems on both sides of the fence but the majority of our problems are in our own heads.

Thank you again to both sites, as my name says, reading helps. :)

PS. The PM was very nice and not mean in anyway.

Fredneck1951

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
BronxBombshell said:
Measurection is a great and nourishing site for men.

Bronxie, I noticed you don't seem to be around there much these days. May I ask if you fell victim to the misogynists there? If so, that's too bad. It makes that site much less interesting. I hope they didn't bum you out or drive you away.

readingHelpsMe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
b.c. said:
"Insolence" of people?? Luv it.

Did you mean incidence, or was this what we call a Freudian slip? Think i like it the way you wrote it anyway (chuckle).

Oops. Thanks for catching that. Glad you liked it the first way :) but I didn't mean it that way.