type of jewelr

martinez5

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Barbell or ring? Or something else i haven't heard of...

I finally got my PA and i don't like the ring. pros and cons of each please

Phil Ayesho

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I really prefer the heavy gauge ring- with the screw in ball.
The captive bead rings are a pain to take in and out for cleaning - AND THEY NED CLEANING OFTEN-

I never liked the barbell... but that's a personal thing.

The most important thing to do is get it to heal- and to stretch it out to a gauge of 6 or bigger for comfort.

Gnothiseauton

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Depends on the use and guage for me.

Pros: 1) I enjoyed wearing a barbell in large guages, specifically because I don't want to guage down below a 2ga, but I do enjoy the large guage feel. A large guage CBR will inevevitably guage you down. 2) NOTHING beats the feel of a barbell while I j/o unassisted. Feeling it slide back and forth in me while I stroke is very much unlike a CBR that just rolls around. 3) You don't need plyers to remove the ball off like many large guage CBR require, and the ones that don't are more expensive.

Cons: 1) It makes it harder for me to control the urine stream with a barbell since it tends to spray in opposing directions. A 2 ga CBR is much easier to use at the urinal than a 2ga barbell, otherwise use the stall. 2) Good luck finding a long enough heavy gauge barbell, they are tough to find. You'll prob have to special order them or get them online. 3) The barbell has a nasty habit (on me) of sliding back into my dick if the ball on the front end is too small, which they tend to be on a barbell, so I have to put a much larger ball on the end instead.

I'd say for looks, or if you're planning on getting kinky with it, stick to a CBR, because they are more fun. A barbell to me feels better and is more practical for every day use once you learn the ins and outs.

For 10 and 8ga rings, I'd stick to a CBR, the barbells with go right through me and do not stay in well. For a different look, try rubber tipped balls that come in different shapes, like the spiked ones or even black-light glowing ones. For extreem kinky guys, try a padlock, or even link up your older/smaller CBRs together in increasing size to the one you're wearing now. Prince's wands are (I hear) the ultimate in jewelry attire and not for the faint of heart, and have to be customized. $$$.

lilbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I really prefer my two gauge CBR ring- No , I do not want anything larger.
The captive bead rings still need to be cleaned. Soap and water in the shower works well as long as you don't get soap in you urethra. I take my CBR out (the bead is self retaining) and soak it in peroxide for about five minutes.

I never liked the barbell (and have several) but that's a personal thing. They just never seemed to fit right.

martinez5

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I never though of the barbell sliding back in. The opening to my urethra isn't exceptionally small or big so i'm not sure if i have to worry. How would i special order one with a bigger ball?

gandg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The 10 & 8 guage barbells do tend to fall into the urethra & its not all that comfortable when you wake up with an erection while the ball is in you.

You can search for online stores. I have a favorite that I order from, plus it has a few piercing forums. The type of jewelry you get is going to be utimately what is comfortable to you, so buy a few pieces & see what you like best. I spent almost $200 within the first month of me having my PA (my cock needed some accesories). I like the CBR. I tried a smooth segment ring, but it's not all that smooth, and more difficult to open than a regular CBR. A circular barbell feels great when I'm having fun by myself. My partner prefers the bent barbell when he's blowing me. The problem I've had with the bent barbells is size - trying to find the right length that's comfortable when you're erect, but isn't too long is key.

Whichever style you choose, you're going to find that you're going to cum so much more faster - the jewelry strokes you on the inside while you're being stroked on the outside. Sex with a PA really does feel so much better.

I would deffinately wait for your new hole to heal up before swapping out the jewelry. You don't want scar tissue to build up.

You might also want to ask your piercer what metal they gave you. I was pierced with 18k gold, didn't like the look so I put in stainless steel and my cock didn't take to it very well. I now use acrylic or Titanium. Both are really light weight, so it won't help to naturally stretch a piercing like stainless or niobium will.

martinez5

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I pierced it myself. I'm not all that inexperienced at self piercing and i know how to avoid infection and tissue damage. thanks for all the input everyone

Gnothiseauton

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
NP your welcome. About ordering a barbell with a larger ball end, I don't know if that's possible? In my case, I had a buddy who wanted to keep guaging down and I ended up with a few of his hand-me-downs, and some of the jewelry I was able to mix and match ball ends... which is something that most will tell you not to do since it's easy to strip the threading, specially on internally threaded jewerly (a must in large guages). I guess I lucked out... I did find a local parlor that sells spring-loaded CBR, and removing them is soooo easy, I tend to favor that now, but still prefer my barbell...