Types of shirt designs, girls or guys.

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
When I was 15 I had my own clothing company that ran well for about a year, but called it quits because I didn't have enough time with job and high school.

Well, I'm looking to go back into a new business venture with a friend of mine who makes girly vintage shirts and dresses and what not. My question to you all is, what kind of designs attract you? Simple or detailed? Bright or dark? what catches your eye?

Any input at all will be very beneficial as I will be doing designs for the T-shirts and she will be working on one-time only dresses and lady shirts.

dongalong

Mythical Member
Media
I like clever designs that make people comment, it might be the way it's cut or the original colours, print or logo that makes the difference. The more creative and "fresh" the better!
Attention to detail is important if you want to offer a more up-market product and the choice of material such as breathable synthetics can be good to cross the boundary of sports and fashion.
Good luck!

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
Thank you. I want them to be clever similar to my own clothing that I wear. One in particular which has a giant F in the middle and the words "the economy" lol. Quite fitting for the times.

Blorkin

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I personaly like shirts with a simple but detailed design an example would be the lost seaweed shirt http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41EIGgH0dNL._AA280_.jpg
I think most of lost's shirts fall into the category simple but detailed.
Some other types of shirts that I think are cool are by Afflication (example: Amazon.com: Xuan Zan V-Neck S/S Guys T-shirt in Tobacco Brown by Affliction Clothing: Apparel )
I will never buy one because no tshirt should be more that $20ish. A cool logo will help you and make sure the quality of the shirt is good (if anything that is the most inmprtant thing about the shirt) so this means it is long lasting, can handle dirt, mud, etc., and can deal with being washed many times without fading or without the design getting messed up (can be solved by washing your shirt inside out). I hope this helps. Also if you make a website post us the link :)

D_Leotols Toy

Experimental Member
Media
I'm actually more so the brains behind management/web design which is why I'm bringing it up because I want to jump back into this fully loaded with all the knowledge of a good business man and co-owner. But when I get the website up I'll be sure to post a link here.

Thank you for your input, it helps a lot and gives me good insight. The designs I've been thinking of have been similar to your interests. I want to get a diverse line started so all input of all sorts helps.