U.S. bombs Pakistan

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lucky8, Oct 9, 2008.

1. lucky8

Gold Member

2. rawbone8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Gamechanging Redemption.

I think George W. Bush would love to be able to make the kill on Bin Laden and comparable heads of Al Queda so he can save his legacy, and rescue McCain's campaign before the election is lost.

Just a hunch. SkullMason's conspiracy riff on them having Osama's body already on ice may be too wild to be true, but the strategy is sound.

3. B_Nick4444

B_Nick4444 New Member

I actually have no problem with it ...

4. SteveHd

Gold Member

5. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

Not in agreement, I wish Dick Cheney could get more governments to help him in his quest to remove religion from power in the Middle East starting with the very-unstable governments with nukes like Pakistan.

Religion-in-power + alleged virgins aplenty waiting in an alleged paradise + gigantic checkbooks + easy access to cheap WMD = kill it before it grows. :wink:

6. lucky8

Gold Member

Then why are republicans crying about Obama saying if we have Bin Laden in our sights in Pakistan, we should take him out? Fucking hypocrisy, because we are a christian country lead by a christian leader. Futhermore, Palin is an extreme christian, about as extreme as they come...and she's running for vp...hypocrisy at its finest

7. 1BiGG1

Gold Member

I’m Agnostic (meaning I don’t believe in any alleged gods but am open to the idea unrevealed gods or a god could exist), quite literate in religious history, especially early religious history and am no fan of those believing in alleged gods but lucky for US whatever our politicians follow has little meaning if any.

I also do not think people like George Bush actually believes in the alleged Jesus and only uses that topic to get elected. Palin is a toss-up on that topic and could be in as deep as she appears but her faith will never effect us so I don't care.

8. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    The title of this thread is VERY misleading. I read the linked article. The United States did NOT attack or Bomb the COUNTRY of Pakistan. The United States bombed 2 very targeted spots in the Waziristan secion of Pakistan where 2 known Taliban leaders were suspected to be. A VERY different thing than invading a sovreign nation.

9. lucky8

Gold Member

Not really, these targets were located in Pakistan, therefore we did bomb Pakistan. This is the EXACT situation republicans have been slamming Obama for suggesting, but it turns out the republicans in office agree with Obama on this issue.

Just like 9/11...only a few targets were hit, but nonetheless, America was attacked...it's not like I said America declares war on Pakistan...I said we bombed Pakistan, which we did...plus I wanted people to read it

10. SteveHd

Gold Member

I'm going to have to get technical again.

The news report made no mention of a "bomb". A missile isn't a bomb. Period. The explosive part of it is called a warhead. Therefore the targets weren't "bombed". Of course, that's an irrelevant distinction to those on the receiving end.

The report correctly refers to it as a "strike".

Lucky,

McCain is splitting hairs. It seems he's trying to say that we (USA) shouldn't tip our hand about whether we will or won't take out bin Laden or other "high value" [DoD term] people, should an opportunity arise. It's quite obvious what we'd do in such an instance and therefore being ambivalent is rather silly.

The "strike" in Pakistan has little to do over what McCain/Obama are bickering about. They're discusing advance notice of intent.

Draft saved Draft deleted