U.S. government vows not to use "waterboarding"

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
What's next? Shall we start including Blu-Ray box sets of "Hostel" and the "Saw" series as educational filmstrips of acceptable interrogation techniques for new US troops and call them documentaries? :rolleyes:

I repeat... what has happened to some of intelligence on this board?!

I take it by this, you mean "torture" is never to be considered?

I find this disingenuous

Again, think of the people you love most in the world

If their safety and well-being, their very lives could be assured by extracting the information from a criminal (or terrorist) via waterboarding, you would not resort to using that?

I find that disingenuous

I also find that it belittles the moral ambiguity

Think again, not of your loved ones, but thousands of innocent lives, going about their business -- you would let them die, so that some terrorist would not experience the temporary and fleeting discomfort of waterboarding?

Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir: “Every civilization finds it necessary to negotiate compromises with its own values.”

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I take it by this, you mean "torture" is never to be considered?

Correct. Do unto others I always say...

Again, think of the people you love most in the world

If their safety and well-being, their very lives could be assured by extracting the information from a criminal (or terrorist) via waterboarding, you would not resort to using that?

Irrelevant. I'd have a better chance of winning Powerball for millions of dollars, twice, than to worry about anyone that I know being captured by a terrorist and tortured. I'm not going to allow myself to be spooked or even swayed by something that is extremely unlikely to happen to myself or to anyone that I know.

I also find that it belittles the moral ambiguity

So not agreeing with some people's savage ideals for torturing is now considered belittling morality? When did this become the rule?

Think again, not of your loved ones, but thousands of innocent lives, going about their business -- you would let them die, so that some terrorist would not experience the temporary and fleeting discomfort of waterboarding?

You can't be serious.
Innocent people are not dying because we don't torture people. Don't even try and twist this into some kind of insane sub-plot from an "American Dad" cartoon.

Israeli Prime Minister Golda Meir: “Every civilization finds it necessary to negotiate compromises with its own values.”

And I would rather leave that in the hands of rational thinking people who would not consider drastic measures that would have negative, international implications on our reputation and status. We as a nation should not stoop to the levels of the people they are claiming to be against.

Third time... what has happened to some of intelligence on this board?!

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
you torture advocates do realize that the reason we can't prosecute any of these enemy combatants is because all the evidence/testimony we have against them was acquired through duress/torture , rendering it inadmissable in any law court / military tribunal anywhere in the world.

so in effect the fact that bush suspended the constitution and tortured them to get the evidence has given them immunity from prosecution or sentencing. that's the reason bush had to warehouse them at gitmo for 7 yrs, he fukd up, again. and now he's walked away from the disaster and lets somebody else clean up the mess.

John Yoo is the first guy that needs to be endicted for war crimes and treason, and then go right up the chain of command from there. I hope the state dept has the balls to go for it. true americans should demand it.

Last edited:

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
is a kickass HK film director, but I bet you meant John Yoo, who's a piece of human shit lawyer who advocated and tried to legally justify torture and extraordinary rendition.

yeah thx for the correction, it's late, i should back away from the keyboard....lol