U.S. passport fees go up February 1, 2008

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The additional cost probably has to do with the extra security features the new passports have like micro print, an electronic chip, watermarks, embeded wires...etc. All these anti forgery features add cost and are just passed on to us users. I wouldn't be suprised if the new suped up driver licences they are proposing are going to cost a lot more also.

I got my new passport about a year ago and compared to the one it replaced, it is now nearly impossible to forge. The most obvious security feature is an embedded security chip. The pages are now colored and your mug shot is now printed on the page and no longer laminated.

Whopper-lee

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
True...but also heard that a new type pass port card =(wallet size credit card) will be availibe cheaper...about $ 50.00 for adults $ 35.00 for youth...something like this...coming out soon this year...sounds better.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
True...but also heard that a new type pass port card =(wallet size credit card) will be availibe cheaper...about $ 50.00 for adults $ 35.00 for youth...something like this...coming out soon this year...sounds better.

Yes, but is not valid for travel by air and only for entering the US from Canada, Mexico the Caribbean and Bermuda. They start accepting applications from tomorrow.